Author Topic: Lough Foyle on a Sunny Spring Morning  (Read 7127 times)

Irthos Levethix

• Donkey Kong
  • We're all a little mad here
    • Email
Re: Lough Foyle on a Sunny Spring Morning
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2009, 06:30:36 PM »
Davis paused unbuttoning his shirt as he saw Nerine's face scrunch up in concentration.  Seeing the disappointment when she opened her eyes to dismal results, he replied, "I don't know what you're doing.  Does it..." Davis paused, searching for the word "... cost you anything?  I don't want you collapsing from exhaustion or something."
Run, my pretty little chunks of XP!! - Belkar Bitterleaf

92% Tactician 83% Method Actor 75% Min/Maxer         Thats 250% of Gamer, bitches!

AfterCrescent

• Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2009, 02:50:43 AM »
The cake is a lie.
Need to play table top? Get your game on at:
Brilliant Gameologists' PbP Forum. Do it, you know you want to.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook
The 13th Guard - An alternate history campaign idea.
Clerics just wake up one morning and decide they need to kick ass, and it needs to be kicked NOW. ~veekie

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2009, 03:39:09 AM »
She shakes her head. "With this much water to work with, it takes little effort...but it takes too much precision to get it right. Go ahead, uncle."
It always seems like the barrels around here have something in them.

Vinom

• Hong Kong
  • Rejoice, Bad things are about to happen!
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2009, 03:43:41 AM »
Kevin carefully lifts up the bottle with a pen... making sure there's nothing he missed. Then he went back to scanning the area, if the major was in the water, keeping an 'eye' out, espeshally in the water, was important...
A player once asked me if there was any way to make a Tarrasque more evil... 3 sessions later he was stoned with D20s as the PC led an exidus out of the path of a Dire Tarrasque of Legendary Wonder.

Quote from:  Sarda the Sage
You're a quick thinker and spiteful, I can respect that. You won't be killed, Bikke

Never trust a smiling laughing chuckling grinning emotionless drunk, you know what Never Trust a DM!

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature

Pulling off Pun-pun in 26 rounds

N00bs, because all gamers have to start somewhere

"Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from Science!"

Remember, Mobs are at least as stupid as their dumbest member.

Irthos Levethix

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2009, 03:11:59 AM »
Shrugging, the Major finished stripping down to boxer briefs and started inching out into the lake.  "Bit chilly to be out for long, I think."  As soon as the water was up to his shins, goosebumps broke out over his skin.  Visibly shivering a bit, he did a shallow dive and started swimming out towards the body.

92% Tactician 83% Method Actor 75% Min/Maxer         Thats 250% of Gamer, bitches!

AfterCrescent

• Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2009, 12:40:52 PM »
The body, as Davis discovers upon reaching it, is of a scruffy, unshaven Irish man in his boxers, which haven fallen to around the dead man's knees.  The birds haven't begun picking at the body, indicating to Davis that it hasn't been here all that long.  While the dead man has a significant beer gut, he is otherwise in decent shape, not weighing an excessive amount.  The water combined with the limb body make it easy for Davis to swim back to shore with the body in tow.

As Davis pulls the man onto the shore on his back, his face is getting a hint of blue, although no where near the color of the dead man's face.  As the wind bites into his cold, wet back, Davis visibly shivers, from the weather, not the sight of death.
Davis:[spoiler]If you don't get dry & warm soon, you'll have to roll for fatigue, just FYI. ;)[/spoiler]
The cake is a lie.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook
Clerics just wake up one morning and decide they need to kick ass, and it needs to be kicked NOW. ~veekie

Irthos Levethix

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2009, 04:39:48 AM »
Dumping the man on the beach, Davis quickly began brushing the water off his body.  He went to his pile of clothes and pulled out the cell phone and tossed it to Kevin.  "Call Guy.  Tell 'em that we found another one."  After getting as much water off his body and out of his hair as he could, the Major put his pants and jacket back on, carrying his shirt.

Vinom

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2009, 04:59:42 AM »
Kevin looks into the phone's list of numbers, looking for Guy's number... "Shouldn't we call the cops, constable or someone here with athority?"
A player once asked me if there was any way to make a Tarrasque more evil... 3 sessions later he was stoned with D20s as the PC led an exidus out of the path of a Dire Tarrasque of Legendary Wonder.

You're a quick thinker and spiteful, I can respect that. You won't be killed, Bikke

Never trust a smiling laughing chuckling grinning emotionless drunk, you know what Never Trust a DM!

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature

Irthos Levethix

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2009, 04:05:57 PM »
"Probably, but I don't know the number, do you?  They're at the morgue, thats where this guy's gonna end up regardless."

Vinom

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2009, 04:24:20 PM »
"911 works, ever since the national standardization of emergency number, they have had it set up so that all of them will reach local emergency responce" Kevin says calmly, finding Guy's number and dialing it... His visably relaxed a bit... this is why he was his, information, technical skills, not handling the dead, non-human, corpse body things...

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2009, 03:07:34 PM »
"We shouldn't stay here long."
It always seems like the barrels around here have something in them.

Vinom

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2009, 05:45:13 PM »
"Wrong... running away make us look guilty, if we don't wait for the emergency responce, then we look very suspisious." he says as he waits for the call to connect.

AfterCrescent

• Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2009, 06:36:18 PM »
The phone rang once, twice, and midway through the third ring, Kevin felt, more than heard, the pulse of electricity as the phone lines connected.

Everyone:
[spoiler]I figured the site of the body would be a good place to host the phone conversation. If any of you put the phone on speaker phone, everyone else will be able to hear it, just FYI.[/spoiler]
The cake is a lie.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook

Generic_PC

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2009, 09:21:07 PM »
[spoiler]
Since you won't see any actions, I'm just going to post sentences of talking.[/spoiler]

Guy starts talking into the phone. "Hello?"
Witty sayings? Nah, not right now. Currently playing Dwarf Fortress and League of Legends. I really recommend League of Legends.

Vinom

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2009, 03:19:29 AM »
"Hey Guy, where out here... near the water of all damned places, and we found another stiff"

Generic_PC

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2009, 03:36:47 AM »
"Another stiff what? Here at the morgue, Ana is looking over the autopsy reports. I could swear that I could smell wet wood, among all the other scents that are supposed to be here. It's kind of distracting, almost. The scent of bone marrow is intoxicating now. Better than fresh blood."
Witty sayings? Nah, not right now. Currently playing Dwarf Fortress and League of Legends. I really recommend League of Legends.

Vinom

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2009, 03:43:46 AM »
"Stiff, corpse, body, non-living formarly humany thingy" He says nervously...

Generic_PC

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2009, 11:49:09 AM »
"Ah, right. Like, stiff, as in rigor mortis. Got it. That's really not a surprise at this point. I mean, not compared to where it could have been. Is it actually stiff? If so, the 'stiff' probably died recently."

Vinom

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: August 28, 2009, 07:35:37 PM »
"I don't really know and I'm not going to touch it, thank you very much. It's a dead, person thing, and it should be put in the ground and incased in concrete...." He says in a rushed and nervous manner...

Generic_PC

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: August 28, 2009, 08:14:47 PM »
"Aren't coffins usually made of wood or, if rediculously expensive, pillows and silk and wood? rather than concrete? Or, I suppose burnt too, but... Wait, are you afraid of dead people? I love them. Especially when I kill them, they taste GREAT." The sarcasm in his tone is evident and mocking.