Author Topic: Duet at the Morgue  (Read 4170 times)

Generic_PC

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
Re: Duet at the Morgue
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2009, 02:09:06 AM »
"Yes, yes, they did find something. A dead body. Floating in the lake. I'd give good odds it isn't a coincidence. Could you please tell me what you found? Does it have anything to do with wood?" Guy is pretty good at puppy dog eyes. Probably because he spends a good amount of time as a dog. Being blind just ruins the effect.
Witty sayings? Nah, not right now. Currently playing Dwarf Fortress and League of Legends. I really recommend League of Legends.

Shewolf

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2009, 04:28:29 PM »
Yes, cedar, actually...there was cedar in the head wound of the first man...The second, however, was tied down under the water. Did the rest of the group find anything interesting about the other body? I'd really like to see it for myself, if we can get there in time.

Generic_PC

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2009, 08:50:14 PM »
"Hmm. Tied down? With Rope? Well, that means that we are dealing with creatures with hands, at least. I didn't ask about any interesting things with the other body. Kevin was being... evasive? Or maybe he was just a little... freaked out? Anyway, if Davis is responsible, the police will probably know about it before we get there, so maybe we should just phone them."
Witty sayings? Nah, not right now. Currently playing Dwarf Fortress and League of Legends. I really recommend League of Legends.

Shewolf

« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2009, 01:40:37 AM »
Ana muses to herself  I don't know that I'd want to meet a seal with hands...Assuming we're still thinking about the selkies...Either way, we should regroup.  We should get a cab, yes?  Now do you think they'll still be able to talk with us at the beach, or would they be too busy with the police?

Generic_PC

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2009, 02:09:27 AM »
Guy looks thoughtful. Again, having no eyes ruins the effect. "Yes, a cab sounds good. They probably won't be able to chat with us on the beach, as they found the body. Lets go by the hotel, grab some clothes for the Major, then go get lunch or something. Maybe see the sights. I'm sure the cabbie will have an idea of where to eat. We'll just have to wait for them to get out of questioning."
« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 08:40:01 PM by Generic_PC »

Shewolf

« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2009, 04:36:16 PM »
Clothes for the major?  Oh we did miss something exciting!  Ana laughs as she looks up the number for a cab service.  Giving the dispatcher the address for the pickup.  She hands the report to the man at the desk, giving him another look carefully designed to make him squirm, and gets into the cab with Guy, giving the driver the name of the hotel.

Generic_PC

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2009, 08:41:32 PM »
"I get the impression that he went swimming. I'm sure the lakes in ireland are freezing." Guy shivers a bit, but it's just fake.

AfterCrescent

• Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2009, 11:13:58 PM »
The cab ride back towards the hotel is quiet and uneventful for the most part. It's a nice, cool day, and the cab's windows are down, allowing a pleasant breeze to roll through the backseats.

As Guy & Ana glance out the window at the bay, the sound of sirens reach Guy's ears almost a full minute before Ana and the driver hear them. Uh Oh. That can't be good, he comments to his passengers, his voice a bit apprehensive.  Sirens are never good for tourism, he mutters before taking a detour away from the glimmer of lights ahead.  A few minutes later, the cab pulls up alongside the hotel, but the sounds of the siren can be just barely heard off in the distance towards the bay.
The cake is a lie.
Need to play table top? Get your game on at:
Brilliant Gameologists' PbP Forum. Do it, you know you want to.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook
The 13th Guard - An alternate history campaign idea.
Clerics just wake up one morning and decide they need to kick ass, and it needs to be kicked NOW. ~veekie

Generic_PC

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2009, 02:43:21 AM »
"Can you wait for us a couple minutes? I'm sure it'll show up on your meter, or I'd tell you I would pay more." He smiles, but it's an unnerving, predatory smile. "We'll be right back." He drags Ana into the building and up the stairs, with only one pause to get his bearings. Inside Davis and the kids room, he starts speaking, a little nervously. "That was a police siren. Thus, I'd assume that Davis, or some other passerby found the body. Should we stick to the original plan, or go get lunch and find them after? I'm craving a steak. Or a piece of lamb. I'm a little hungry." The understatement is obvious. Guys tounge slides out of his mouth, and he almost starts to pant, but then he stops and slowly returns it to where it should be.

Shewolf

« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2009, 08:23:07 PM »
Let's stick with the original plan, as Davis needs something dry to wear she says, looking through Davis' belongings for some spare clothes. I could eat, too, and the others must be hungry as well...though maybe not to your degree...  She finds some clean socks, slacks and a sweater and boxers, though she pegged Davis for a man who wore briefs.  Let's head to the shore, and if it takes too long for them to finish with the police, we can always have them meet us at a restaurant when they're done.  Ana started down the stairs to the waiting cab.

Generic_PC

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2009, 12:19:38 AM »
"That'll be fine, I think. We'll see how it goes, I guess." Guy shrugs.

Shewolf

« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2009, 04:30:19 AM »
As Anna takes her seat in the cab again, she tells the cab driver to drop the two of them off at the bay.  She either doesn't notice or ignores the look he gives her.