Author Topic: [3.5] Splash Weapons and action confusion.  (Read 3845 times)

ShadowViper

• Bi-Curious George
  • Don't go looking for snakes, you might find them.
[3.5] Splash Weapons and action confusion.
« on: July 24, 2009, 03:55:13 AM »
My question is how exactly do splash weapons function as far as the actions needed to throw them, always had this question for awhile but never got around to clearing it up heh.

Is it...?

1) Spend a full round action to 'prepare to throw splash weapon'(as listed in the 'full round action' Table, PHB pg141), next turn: spend a standard action to actually throw(ranged attack) the splash weapon.

or

2) Spend a full round action both 'prepare' and throw the splash weapon.
I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hara-Kiri rock! I need scissors! 61!

" 'Giving up' kills people. When a person refuses to give up, he earns the right to walk down the road of humanity." - Alucard

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
Re: [3.5] Splash Weapons and action confusion.
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2009, 02:36:46 PM »
Throw as if it's a normal throwing weapon (like a shuriken)

If it's something like a vial of oil, where you have to light it on fire first, then it's a full round action to prepare, and then throw it.

Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

ShadowViper

• Bi-Curious George
  • Don't go looking for snakes, you might find them.
Re: [3.5] Splash Weapons and action confusion.
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2009, 04:35:46 AM »
Ahh I missed that(need to pay better attention to item descriptions). Thank you.  :)
I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hara-Kiri rock! I need scissors! 61!

" 'Giving up' kills people. When a person refuses to give up, he earns the right to walk down the road of humanity." - Alucard