Author Topic: Greetings  (Read 1148 times)

Captaincurran

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
Greetings
« on: July 23, 2009, 02:36:19 AM »
Hi, i'm new here, and i came here from a post at the Gleemax forums about an Orc campaign's diary. So, i followed a link and here i am, and in love with the idea of a play by post PVP D&D, tis like D&D Chess to me :) So, I was just skimming through the forums, as thoughts of old characters "sane" DMs would never let me play. I have a taste for the "exotic" anyways, i was wondering as i haven't found it yet if it's been answered or even asked, but is 3.0 books that haven't been updated, (i had noticed BOED/BOVD had been said no to) such as Savage Species, permitted? Thanks for any warm welcomes, and answers in advance. I hope to have a profile and some characters rolled up soon.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
Re: Greetings
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2009, 10:12:56 AM »
Hi, i'm new here, and i came here from a post at the Gleemax forums about an Orc campaign's diary. So, i followed a link and here i am, and in love with the idea of a play by post PVP D&D, tis like D&D Chess to me :) So, I was just skimming through the forums, as thoughts of old characters "sane" DMs would never let me play. I have a taste for the "exotic" anyways, i was wondering as i haven't found it yet if it's been answered or even asked, but is 3.0 books that haven't been updated, (i had noticed BOED/BOVD had been said no to) such as Savage Species, permitted? Thanks for any warm welcomes, and answers in advance. I hope to have a profile and some characters rolled up soon.
Sorry? Those restrictions would depend on the DM.

If you are talking about the PbP Arena, there are threads to ask those questions in (no, 3.0 material is not allowed, though you can submit a homebrew update).
« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 10:16:20 AM by Prime32 »
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

AfterCrescent

• Organ Grinder
  • Here After
Re: Greetings
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2009, 05:14:30 PM »
Prime nailed it on the head. But welcome to BG and if you're looking for the Arena, it's always recruiting, or so I hear. ;) If you're looking to join a game, have a look around. :)
The cake is a lie.
Need to play table top? Get your game on at:
Brilliant Gameologists' PbP Forum. Do it, you know you want to.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook
The 13th Guard - An alternate history campaign idea.
Clerics just wake up one morning and decide they need to kick ass, and it needs to be kicked NOW. ~veekie