Author Topic: Character Creation  (Read 33292 times)

ArcaneJazz

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
Re: Character Creation
« Reply #80 on: July 26, 2009, 03:59:35 PM »
Dude, you totally gotta go with Perform (One-man-band) :P

This idea is awesome. Ill have a drum on my chest, and cymbals on my knees, and a harmonica strapped in front of my mouth, and ill drag a huge piano around that i'll play, using my feet.

Actually, I was thinking Perform (Sing), partly because Im a vocalist IRL :D
10+ yrs. of roleplay experience, yet I still dunno what the crap I'm doing >__<

1% of DM's started their first campaign in outer space. If you're one of the 99% that didn't, you're not as weird as me xD

My Games:
Naruto: Eyes of Fate - DM
Leras - Keness Orlen

Vinom

• Hong Kong
  • Rejoice, Bad things are about to happen!
    • Email
« Reply #81 on: July 26, 2009, 05:19:51 PM »
Dude, you totally gotta go with Perform (One-man-band) :P
This idea is awesome. Ill have a drum on my chest, and cymbals on my knees, and a harmonica strapped in front of my mouth, and ill drag a huge piano around that i'll play, using my feet.
Take one level is sorcerer, and you can have a song bird familure... or make some train animal checks...
A player once asked me if there was any way to make a Tarrasque more evil... 3 sessions later he was stoned with D20s as the PC led an exidus out of the path of a Dire Tarrasque of Legendary Wonder.

Quote from:  Sarda the Sage
You're a quick thinker and spiteful, I can respect that. You won't be killed, Bikke

Never trust a smiling laughing chuckling grinning emotionless drunk, you know what Never Trust a DM!

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature

Pulling off Pun-pun in 26 rounds

N00bs, because all gamers have to start somewhere

"Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from Science!"

Remember, Mobs are at least as stupid as their dumbest member.

Generic_PC

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #82 on: July 26, 2009, 05:28:49 PM »
He can take obtain familiar at 3 for a familiar. Maybe go with perform (ventriloquism).

I expect some character sheet links in the correct forum. Don't post anything else there though, just voice your concerns here.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2009, 06:06:32 PM by Generic_PC »
Witty sayings? Nah, not right now. Currently playing Dwarf Fortress and League of Legends. I really recommend League of Legends.

Takanaki

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #83 on: July 26, 2009, 05:37:35 PM »
MUAWAHAHWHAHWAHWAHWAHWHAWAHWAHWAHWAHWAHWAH? Divine Magician Cleric > Ruby Knight Windicator + Wraithstrike?

I dunno, lame.

Vinom

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #84 on: July 26, 2009, 05:43:38 PM »
He can take obtain familiar at 3 for a familiar. Maybe go with perform (ventriloquism).
Gods no... I once had a bard with perform (Ventriloquism) and perform (Marionet)... we got into an existential question about wether or not the puppet (Which was of small size and was infront of me at most times) could cast my spells for me...

once that was settled (7 sessions later) that I couldn't I would Ventriloquize in the BBEG voice at all the minions from behind them... which counted as flanking for a sneak attack...
A player once asked me if there was any way to make a Tarrasque more evil... 3 sessions later he was stoned with D20s as the PC led an exidus out of the path of a Dire Tarrasque of Legendary Wonder.

You're a quick thinker and spiteful, I can respect that. You won't be killed, Bikke

Never trust a smiling laughing chuckling grinning emotionless drunk, you know what Never Trust a DM!

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #85 on: July 26, 2009, 05:57:40 PM »
So I'm having a bit of trouble settling on a race. The ol' standby is, of course, dragonborn mongrelfolk or warforged. However, everyone and their grandmother seems to be going dragonborn. I'd rather be different. So, maybe water orc? Desert orc for free endurance feat and thus easily obtained steadfast determination? Earth dwarf? There are a lot of good choices. Too many, really. :/

Warforged is nice for immunities and such, but the inability to heal regularly is likely to be a huge pain, unless we can get a wand of repair for Meepo to use on me between battles. Goliath would be good, only the LA hurts way too much, especially at this level.

Otherwise, it's hard to settle on any one race. Any particular suggestions?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2009, 07:51:19 PM by VennDygrem »

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #86 on: July 26, 2009, 07:05:51 PM »
Since it went unanswered last time, is retraining (PH2) allowed?
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

Generic_PC

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #87 on: July 26, 2009, 09:33:54 PM »
No. Well, not without sidequest to reinvent yourself. So, not without extremely good story reasons and DM fiat.

I'm gonna put the kibosh on Fighter Bonus Feats for the wizard though Bowen. You can have Scroll Making. :P

Other than that, looks fine. Is slight build actually included in RotD, or is it online only?

EDIT: where is your +2 miscellaneous AC coming from?

@Venn, Warforged isn't actually allowed. I've always hated them. Mongrelfolk or Earth Dwarf might be good though.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2009, 09:39:03 PM by Generic_PC »
Witty sayings? Nah, not right now. Currently playing Dwarf Fortress and League of Legends. I really recommend League of Legends.

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #88 on: July 26, 2009, 10:46:13 PM »
If WF are banned, are shifters (along with their feats) also banned?

Slight build, along with natural weapons and such, were presented in the RotD web enhancement, but mainly in order to help make up for their shortcomings as a race. The article is located here.

Generic_PC

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #89 on: July 27, 2009, 01:33:31 AM »
Shitters are also banned, yes. I was just wondering if kobolds got slight build in RotD. I don't really like slight build, but I don't mind it as much as some...

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #90 on: July 27, 2009, 02:04:38 AM »
Slight Build really doesn't really do much for Kobolds except give them benefits for squeezing into tighter spots, and opposed checks on Hide. There aren't a lot of modifiers where being smaller is actually advantageous, that I can think of. Whereas with goliaths and half-giants, Powerful Build (slight build's natural opposite) seems to apparently be worth a +1 LA on its own, since it can affect a lot of combat modifiers and such.

That's my opinion, anyway.

Shitters are also banned, yes. I was just wondering if kobolds got slight build in RotD. I don't really like slight build, but I don't mind it as much as some...

Typo, or exposed hostility? We may never know.  :lmao

Anyway, that's fine. Just getting an idea of what is and isn't allowed. It's helping to narrow down the field.

ArcaneJazz

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #91 on: July 27, 2009, 02:11:52 AM »
lol @ 'shitters' ...  :lol

Anyway. I'm thinking of being human. Does anyone just play humans anymore? LMAO I dunno, those extra skill points and bonus feat just taste so sweet.

So here are my questions:

Whats the cheapest way to get a dragonblood subtype for Dragonfire Inspiration? I'm not looking for a lot of crazy racial abilities (no interest in half-dragon template or whatever).

Is there a chance a Bard may be able to take the Draconic Heritage feat for this purpose? I figure since its also charisma-based magic, it might not be too broken. I just love the idea of infusing everyones attacks with elemental power.

I once had a bard with perform (Ventriloquism) and perform (Marionet)... we got into an existential question about wether or not the puppet (Which was of small size and was infront of me at most times) could cast my spells for me...

once that was settled (7 sessions later) that I couldn't I would Ventriloquize in the BBEG voice at all the minions from behind them... which counted as flanking for a sneak attack...

Lol, thats just... Man, I wouldve had to pull a Rule 0 on that one, if you were one of my players, haha.

1% of DM's started their first campaign in outer space. If you're one of the 99% that didn't, you're not as weird as me xD

My Games:
Leras - Keness Orlen

Vinom

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #92 on: July 27, 2009, 02:14:07 AM »
just to be clear, there is no chance of gestalting?

Kaelik

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #93 on: July 27, 2009, 02:23:00 AM »
Whats the cheapest way to get a dragonblood subtype for Dragonfire Inspiration? I'm not looking for a lot of crazy racial abilities (no interest in half-dragon template or whatever).

Is there a chance a Bard may be able to take the Draconic Heritage feat for this purpose? I figure since its also charisma-based magic, it might not be too broken. I just love the idea of infusing everyones attacks with elemental power.

Well, you could be a weird dragonoid human (it's a race in Dragon magic) I can't remember if you have to give up the feat, the skill points, or both. If the skill points, I'd take it. If the feat, maybe. If both, don't.

Because I believe if you take the feat "Dragontouched" (also in Dragon Magic) it gives you the subtype. I may be wrong. It also grants 1HP and a +1 to Spot, Listen, and Search.

Generic_PC

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #94 on: July 27, 2009, 02:40:22 AM »
Bards may take draconic heritage.

@Vinom why would I run gestalt as my first game? Like, really, I'm not a masochist.

Oh, shifters is a typo. I'm typing on an iPod touch,  so...

Vinom

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #95 on: July 27, 2009, 02:47:27 AM »

@Vinom why would I run gestalt as my first game? Like, really, I'm not a masochist.

So I can be a sorcerer//Cleric... or a dragon cleric that  knows and casts arcane spells as a sorcerer of the level of his HD... just like a dragon

ArcaneJazz

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #96 on: July 27, 2009, 02:52:10 AM »

Thanks! :D I'll have a sheet up soon. And character art ;)

LOL

and LOL

My Games:
Leras - Keness Orlen

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #97 on: July 27, 2009, 03:09:14 AM »
Well, you could be a weird dragonoid human (it's a race in Dragon magic) I can't remember if you have to give up the feat, the skill points, or both. If the skill points, I'd take it. If the feat, maybe. If both, don't.

Silverbrow Humans give up the bonus skill points of a human, only. In exchange, they get the dragonblood subtype, Featherfall 1/day, plus 1 per 5 levels/HD, and +2 to Disguise and Disguise as permanent class skill for all classes.

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
« Reply #98 on: July 27, 2009, 03:18:44 AM »
I'm playing a human, if it makes you feel better (though I don't see how it would  :bigeye :p :D).

So, any idea as to why the dragon fixation, and what it means as far as our driving force? Do we hate all who hate dragon kind (I'm looking at you, cleric), and wish to destroy and profit off them?....

... what? I'm a friggin crusader. Whatcha think it means?  :D

Vinom

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #99 on: July 27, 2009, 03:26:38 AM »
I'm playing a human, if it makes you feel better (though I don't see how it would  :bigeye :p :D).

So, any idea as to why the dragon fixation, and what it means as far as our driving force? Do we hate all who hate dragon kind (I'm looking at you, cleric), and wish to destroy and profit off them?....

... what? I'm a friggin crusader. Whatcha think it means?  :D
My character want to amass an army and kill (Insert thingy aproved by DM from my back story)