Author Topic: Character Creation  (Read 33300 times)

Vinom

• Hong Kong
  • Rejoice, Bad things are about to happen!
    • Email
Re: Character Creation
« Reply #260 on: August 06, 2009, 10:58:48 PM »
I have 20 feet of range on my breathe weapon, thank you

a^2 + b^2 = c^2
lies, lies and slander, that is not an abosulute fact
A player once asked me if there was any way to make a Tarrasque more evil... 3 sessions later he was stoned with D20s as the PC led an exidus out of the path of a Dire Tarrasque of Legendary Wonder.

Quote from:  Sarda the Sage
You're a quick thinker and spiteful, I can respect that. You won't be killed, Bikke

Never trust a smiling laughing chuckling grinning emotionless drunk, you know what Never Trust a DM!

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature

Pulling off Pun-pun in 26 rounds

N00bs, because all gamers have to start somewhere

"Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from Science!"

Remember, Mobs are at least as stupid as their dumbest member.

Kaelik

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #261 on: August 06, 2009, 11:10:16 PM »

a^2 + b^2 = c^2

Well since in this case a=20, b=20, and c=(800)^(1/2)

It is an absolute fact.

Vinom

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #262 on: August 06, 2009, 11:24:14 PM »

a^2 + b^2 = c^2

Well since in this case a=20, b=20, and c=(800)^(1/2)

It is an absolute fact.
X^2+Y^2+Z^2 ~= S^2
where S is the straight line distance between two points, and X, Y and Z are the differences in dictance of the two points along the x, y, and z axis.  I say aproximently because if I did not I would be implying that both absoulute distance theory and advance M field physics are wrong, and those are statements I'm not prepared to make.
A player once asked me if there was any way to make a Tarrasque more evil... 3 sessions later he was stoned with D20s as the PC led an exidus out of the path of a Dire Tarrasque of Legendary Wonder.

You're a quick thinker and spiteful, I can respect that. You won't be killed, Bikke

Never trust a smiling laughing chuckling grinning emotionless drunk, you know what Never Trust a DM!

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
« Reply #263 on: August 08, 2009, 03:23:37 AM »
I reiterate. This is not the place for this sort of discussion/argument. Take it to private messages. Thank You.
And thank you Venn.

So, now that all characters are created, where in hell is the DM?

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #264 on: August 08, 2009, 03:40:52 AM »
So, now that all characters are created, where in hell is the DM?

Here's the pertinent quote from generic in the initial interest thread:

Quote from: Generic_PC
It'd probably be until we lose interest. I won't be posting for the first 2 weeks in august, however. That's probably a good amount of time to get character sheets and things organized. My current timeline looks like...

Apply for a sub-forum, some time this week (so, before sunday), set that stuff up. Then, you can all sort out characters, And I might do an intro thing so everyone can become familiar with everyone elses character sheet.

I might start it seriously in early august, but I will have sparse computer access for most of that time.

He said he'd have sparse internet access during this time, though I imagine given that we've heard nothing from him for a week, we'll probably have one more week of silence before we hear from him. Luckily at that point he should be back in full swing.

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #265 on: August 08, 2009, 06:45:09 AM »
Let's hope that week of silence doesn't evolve into another pissing contest  :rollseyes
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

Generic_PC

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #266 on: August 09, 2009, 03:02:30 PM »
You do make a good point. If we truly have been travelling for 4 days with the caravan, he probably would know. Well, being that Generic is gone for a while, is there any way we can put a spin on this? Maybe the captain and the others are just tired of the gruel, and hoping to add a little meat to their diet?

The IC post said you had been travelling with these guys for like 4 hours. An experienced mercenary would pick up and adventurers he could get.

K, I had a crazy long post, but interweb ate it. Suffice to say, Vinom stop being abrasive, no one cares about M-Field Physics in Leras, your character should be an Ur-Preist of Vorel, cause it would let you get back to that 9th level Arcane/divine without too much hassle, and please behave. All of you.

If one of you wants to run a test-encounter, I'd be grateful. Oh, and Venn has correct math, except the you should have 28 HP.
Witty sayings? Nah, not right now. Currently playing Dwarf Fortress and League of Legends. I really recommend League of Legends.

Vinom

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #267 on: August 09, 2009, 04:06:04 PM »
you're right, sorcerer/ur-priest/mystic theurge would work great thematicly

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #268 on: August 10, 2009, 02:20:43 AM »
wow, not a hunter among us, and of course we all went and tried anyway. :D

I did get a couple lucky rolls, but all they accomplished was making sure it would be impossible to track me down and find me now that I'm completely lost.  :lmao

Vinom

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #269 on: August 10, 2009, 02:25:45 AM »

I did get a couple lucky rolls, but all they accomplished was making sure it would be impossible to track me down and find me now that I'm completely lost.  :lmao
Like I said, our best bet will be having an animal attack us defending it's territory

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #270 on: August 10, 2009, 03:59:17 AM »

Dude, with no bonuses to ANY of the rolls I just made, i got two natural 1's. In MS and Spot. Hide? 19.  :banghead

Vinom

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #271 on: August 10, 2009, 04:03:21 AM »

Dude, with no bonuses to ANY of the rolls I just made, i got two natural 1's. In MS and Spot. Hide? 19.  :banghead
so you can't see them, they can't see you, but they know you're there... you're going to try and play mind games with the deer? :lmao

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #272 on: August 10, 2009, 04:42:35 AM »

so you can't see them, they can't see you, but they know you're there... you're going to try and play mind games with the deer? :lmao
Maybe I can distract them, so someone with MS as a fucking skill can back shoot it. Or panic it near me or something, and I can Stand Still it's bambi ass.

Vinom

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #273 on: August 10, 2009, 05:52:53 PM »
Deciding to forego any kind of preparation, listening, looking, moving silently or anything else... Maxx grabs his Greathammer and proceeds onwards... in a straight line more or less. That is, once his foot is out of the hole. Badger gets off easy this time.
So you're closing your eyes, humming loudly, and skipping along just so you don't have to roll so many dice? I think Belkar did this once in the dragon magizine run.

Takanaki

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #274 on: August 11, 2009, 07:23:08 AM »
Something along those lines yes, waiting for trouble to come to me... like that badger when Generic posted. Shame it had so low CR or I would have whack-a-moled it.

Generic_PC

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #275 on: August 13, 2009, 12:13:31 AM »
I thought it was funny when I rolled a die and got Maxx. I was a little worried you'd take it badly. But I kinda assumed you wouldn't. (also, it tests some sort of maturity.)

Normally, I would avoid 4 skill checks in a post, like I said, but this is not really normal.

Once I get back home, things will be somewhat more normalized.
Witty sayings? Nah, not right now. Currently playing Dwarf Fortress and League of Legends. I really recommend League of Legends.

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #276 on: August 13, 2009, 12:56:24 AM »
I only failed those skill checks because IC was making up for lost time since I made a ton of great rolls in another game. Clearly that is the reason. Well, actually, my spot check wasn't terrible, but that natural 1 on Survival (not a class skill, anyway) and the 6 on Listen really did me in. When I get enough gold I definitely need to invest in some magic spot/listen items. >_>

Takanaki

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #277 on: August 13, 2009, 08:34:54 AM »
Maxx Fightmaster pity da foo!

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #278 on: August 13, 2009, 10:22:46 AM »
Maxx Fightmaster pity da foo!

You'll still probably need to make a Listen check to actually hear Flay's character, depending on how Generic rules the shouting. Unfortunately, one can never just assume one's character senses or knows anything. :)

Takanaki

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #279 on: August 13, 2009, 12:16:13 PM »
I got a five, which isn't anything special but according to the PHB it's a 5 to hear people talking a bar. It's up to the DM whether I go to the right place or not, it isn't like there's anything loud preventing me from hearing someone shout at the moment and we're still fairly close together according to what has been written so far.

DM can always veto, and that's ok by me.