Author Topic: [Non-Humans] Prelude - The Fires of Ur  (Read 18294 times)

AlterFrom

• Donkey Kong
  • Super Special Awesome
Re: [Non-Humans] Prelude - The Fires of Ur
« Reply #200 on: September 02, 2009, 12:37:32 PM »
As the creatures approach, Theren chooses just the right moment to swing out on a line and take a swipe at a pair of the beasts. His first attack feels like it connected, but he misjudged the length of the rope on his waist and came up short for the second.

OOC
[spoiler]
Ready an action to swing out and attack two of them with Dual Strike at a range of 5 squares; i.e. maximum extension distance.
Acrobatic Stunt: 28
Attack 1: 29
Damage 1: 14
Attack 2: 19, autofail (I guess the last two rolls caught up with me.  :rollseyes)

Both are marked at least, taking a -3 penalty to all attacks that don't include Theren.[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 01:31:10 PM by AlterFrom »
Siggy
[spoiler]TIRED OF TRYING TO MANAGE FILES ACROSS SEVERAL COMPUTERS? GET DROPBOX AND SIMPLIFY THE PROCESS!

xkcd. It Rocks.

Tick, tock, Tick, tock...

FYI: I lose a couple years off my life anytime I see I have a PM.

We're ALL rules lawyers here. The BEST at what we do, too. It's like a Tom Grisham novel in which everybody at the top law firm is a dirty crook, but they all know the rules so well that TECHNICALLY speaking, they aren't breaking them...:eh

[/spoiler]

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #201 on: September 02, 2009, 01:35:16 PM »
After easily downing one of the creatures, Chaedi wants to exploit Gideon's spell for all it's worth. She pulls the arrow that came back at her out of the upper deck's wooden floor and nocks it, letting it fly with an unspoken but heartfelt "No, you can have it. I insist." The arrow makes a low booming sound as it leaves her bow's string, similar to a cannon being fired, likely courtesy of Gideon's magic, as do the other three that she shoots after it in quick succession. This time, she is prepared for the effects of his dweomer, though, and the arrows sink into the winges humanoids with deadeye precision.

[spoiler]Pun very much intended.
Start at E14, which I presume is the closest to the monsters.
First things first:
Perception; Insight Aid Another (1d20+17=29, 1d20+10=16)

On her turn immediately after Gideon uses GMW (i.e. she still has the bonuses), Chaedi spends an AP.

Minor Action: Quarry all four remaining creatures (one of them wasn't quarried before).

AP Extra Action: Biting Volley vs. nearest creature.
Biting Volley attack 1; attack 2 (1d20+26=28, 1d20+26=41)
Reroll the 28 with Potion of Clarity, gaining a +1 on the reroll. EDIT: +2, actually, I think I bought the level 10 version, not the lvl 5 one.
Biting Volley attack 1 - reroll (1d20+27=36 37)

Biting Volley damage 1; damage 2 (1d12+26=32, 1d12+26=37); Hunter's Quarry extra damage (2d6=8)
Hits Ref 41 for 45 cold damage and Cold vulnerability 5, or Ref 36 for 82 cold damage damage and Cold vulnerability 5.

Regular Standard Action: Two-Fanged Strike vs. nearest creature.
Two-Fanged Strike attack 1, attack 2 (1d20+28=41, 1d20+28=32)
Reroll attack 2 with Elven Accuracy.
Two-Fanged Strike attack 2 - Elven Accuracy reroll (1d20+28=37)

Two-Fanged Strike damage 1, damage 2 (1d12+31=38, 1d12+31=38)
Hits AC 41 for 38 cold damage, or AC 37 for 80 cold damage (vulnerability and extra damage if both hit accounted for).

You could say I... *puts on sunglasses* ...cooled their heads a little.
 :sofa[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 02:01:38 PM by Agita »
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #202 on: September 02, 2009, 01:52:16 PM »
Following after Theren Gorvak swings down from the mast and slashes at the nearest threat with his double sword.

OOC:
[spoiler]Buffs: Fleeting Dweomer is used on Gorvak's weapon, giving him +6 Force damage with each hit, and an extra 10 ongoing Force damage on critical hits. His weapon is also now Brutal 1.

Free action: Activate Reckless Double Sword (-2 AC, +6 damage; use on all attacks this round).

Designate nearest monster as quarry. After that, just like Alter, ready an action to swing out and attack them at a range of 5 squares; i.e. maximum extension distance, using Twin Strike.

On the small chance that my first attack kills one, the second will obviously be used on the next. If not, I'll use both attacks on the same target.

Acrobatics: 23
Attack 1: 23 + 1 = 24
Damage 1: 16 + 5 + 6 + 6 = 33
Quarry: 2 :banghead
Attack 2: 25 + 1 = 26
Damage 2: 13 + 5 + 6 + 6 = 30

Wow, those attack rolls suck :P[/spoiler]
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

AlterFrom

• Donkey Kong
  • Super Special Awesome
« Reply #203 on: September 02, 2009, 09:46:05 PM »
Theren is at C10, Mast Level.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2009, 01:08:31 PM by AlterFrom »
Siggy
[spoiler]TIRED OF TRYING TO MANAGE FILES ACROSS SEVERAL COMPUTERS? GET DROPBOX AND SIMPLIFY THE PROCESS!

xkcd. It Rocks.

Tick, tock, Tick, tock...

FYI: I lose a couple years off my life anytime I see I have a PM.

We're ALL rules lawyers here. The BEST at what we do, too. It's like a Tom Grisham novel in which everybody at the top law firm is a dirty crook, but they all know the rules so well that TECHNICALLY speaking, they aren't breaking them...:eh

[/spoiler]

Risada

• Grape ape
  • Wearing this outfit in the name of SCIENCE!
    • Email
« Reply #204 on: September 02, 2009, 11:37:35 PM »
Cabrio focuses for a brief moment before pointing his free hand into one of the creatures, making that creature burn in a blast of fire.

[spoiler]
Cabrio is at B10 (mast level)

Standard Action: Shielding Fire (Int vs Fort): 1d20+15=30, 2d10+5=15 fire damage on one of the creatures not marked by Theren, if possible  :)
If it hits, the creature is marked by my aegis and will take 20 fire damage whenever I reduce damage from its attacks not directed against me.

Insight roll to aid whoever is doing the roll: 1d20+12=19
[/spoiler]

Edit: added Cabrio's position

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #205 on: September 06, 2009, 12:44:35 PM »
[spoiler]Gideon is at D13, adjacent to both Minharath and Chaedi.[/spoiler]

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #206 on: September 06, 2009, 02:08:00 PM »
[spoiler]G10 at mast level for me.[/spoiler]
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol