Author Topic: Returning from Retirement  (Read 1498 times)

ArcaneJazz

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
Returning from Retirement
« on: July 21, 2009, 11:45:07 PM »
I have a lot of roleplaying experience, but I am pretty rusty. Im open to pretty much any playstyle, setting, etc.

I'm willing to DM if anyone is looking, but I'd like to ease back into things by just being a pc for now.

Pweese?  :bigeye
10+ yrs. of roleplay experience, yet I still dunno what the crap I'm doing >__<

1% of DM's started their first campaign in outer space. If you're one of the 99% that didn't, you're not as weird as me xD

My Games:
Naruto: Eyes of Fate - DM
Leras - Keness Orlen

Vinom

• Hong Kong
  • Rejoice, Bad things are about to happen!
    • Email
Re: Returning from Retirement
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2009, 05:09:57 AM »
Well, Leras is just starting up, but if you're willing to DM, even if it's just a prewritten modual, you'll find a small murder of nerds at you ankles...

(A group of nerds are called a murder because like crows we are anti-social, like shiny things, and often squack at each other over nothing for hours)
A player once asked me if there was any way to make a Tarrasque more evil... 3 sessions later he was stoned with D20s as the PC led an exidus out of the path of a Dire Tarrasque of Legendary Wonder.

Quote from:  Sarda the Sage
You're a quick thinker and spiteful, I can respect that. You won't be killed, Bikke

Never trust a smiling laughing chuckling grinning emotionless drunk, you know what Never Trust a DM!

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature

Pulling off Pun-pun in 26 rounds

N00bs, because all gamers have to start somewhere

"Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from Science!"

Remember, Mobs are at least as stupid as their dumbest member.

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2009, 05:19:58 AM »
Dude, do you read anime? There are at least two would-be anime games needing for a dm, with plenty of willing helpers.

Vinom

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2009, 05:28:11 AM »
yes, the Naruto one for sure...
A player once asked me if there was any way to make a Tarrasque more evil... 3 sessions later he was stoned with D20s as the PC led an exidus out of the path of a Dire Tarrasque of Legendary Wonder.

You're a quick thinker and spiteful, I can respect that. You won't be killed, Bikke

Never trust a smiling laughing chuckling grinning emotionless drunk, you know what Never Trust a DM!

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature

ArcaneJazz

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2009, 02:27:14 PM »
im a huge anime/manga fan, actually. ive never run a game in naruto fashion before, but it sounds fun. which game thread is it in? and whats the other one for that matter? lol

if i dont wind up doing either of those though, ive been preparing material for my personal campaign setting, called Nawliet. Ive been playing it for a number of years now, but never put any of it on a computer, so i've had a lot of transcribing to do in my spare time xD

so... i guess me DMing is the path people want? i just want to warn people that im not into crazy min-maxxing, and am much more about the roleplaying than the "roll-playing." Some people think this is boring, but Nawliet is a very atypical world that stemmed from strong dislikes of the archetypes from 2E. "Dwarves cant be Wizards," "Rogues are backstabbing thugs," "Drow are irrevocably evil," and so on. 3E did a good job at opening the doors, but it still portrayed everything in a very typical way. And then the rules were built in a way that allow things like Pun-Pun to exist. Bah, I say. I prefer to just tell interesting stories, and not run around with a bunch of crazy mega-optimized demigods ravaging the countryside (a game one of my old groups literally begged me to play. I did not enjoy it -.-)

I think I'm rambling at this point  :embarrassed

1% of DM's started their first campaign in outer space. If you're one of the 99% that didn't, you're not as weird as me xD

My Games:
Leras - Keness Orlen

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2009, 04:02:12 PM »
Two things:

1) 'role-playing' and 'roll-playing' aren't mutually exclusive. ;)

2) http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?board=109.0
Try here, we're still setting up the game, so you can probably still join.

:)
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

Vinom

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2009, 04:13:33 PM »
I'm sure you can fine more people than just me to play in this Nawliet setting

ArcaneJazz

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2009, 04:40:32 PM »
1) 'role-playing' and 'roll-playing' aren't mutually exclusive.

2) http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?board=109.0
Try here, we're still setting up the game, so you can probably still join.

1) True, I was just stating that I prefer one, and am not a big fan of the other. I've just been traumatized by players that spend infinitely more time designing their characters stats and optimizing it out the ass, but dont even have the most basic backstory. "I fight to kill things cuz its awesome" Just does not cut it with me -__-;

2) I will read into it more, I am interested.

I'm sure you can fine more people than just me to play in this Nawliet setting

I will post material with time, so I can see how people feel about it.

However... I just read the Naruto thread, and made a volunteer as DM. I think it would be fun to at least try.

My Games:
Leras - Keness Orlen