Author Topic: Ask a simple question, get a simple answer, part IV, never gonna give you up...  (Read 150878 times)

PlzBreakMyCampaign

• Hong Kong
  • Immune to Critical Hits as a Fairness Elemental
(although, I'm sure the game designers didn't think of this...).
I think you hit the nail on the head. They simply never thought about the circumstance below (which is exactly the one I was thinking of)
Q269: Can someone be made an unwilling lich through any means?
Ahem, yes. It is mentioned that this is possible for a Good Lich.

I'm going to go with the dangerously theoretical position that even without destruction of the phylactery, a lich could decide to die. Since the phylactery is seen simply as a 'wait for your auto true res because it has your soul' box. Alternatively they could chose to pass on during the wait period for the reincarnation.

A272: Because of the 'level adjustment' and 'class level' language in the description of what a bloodline is, I would say definately not. Furthermore the rules don't say you can take more than one, and indeed have rather large restrictions on when you can take the [virtual] levels in the first place.
[Spoiler]
An interesting read, nice to see a civil discussion
The point of Spell Resistance is to make it harder to get buffed.
And healed. Don't forget that.
Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.
[/Spoiler]

Old Geezer's Law of Hobby Taste: The more objectively inconsequential a hobby is, the more disagreements within the community will be expressed in outrageously insulting, overblown, and ludicrously emotionally laden terms.

More Funny than Humble[Spoiler]
Quote from: PlzBreakMyCampaign
Your a shifter... you have all you ever need.
It blows MoMF out of the water

But if your greedy for more [Wish] for something that only effects you, like another class level or two that doesn't count against your ECL.
Quote from: hungryhungryhippo987
Yes, I'm the 3.0 "Masters of the Wild" shifter, the awesome kind. My favorite form to take is Force Dragon. Yes, I am immortal ... My character is hands down the coolest guy in the campaign and there is nothing I could possibly want.
PBMC gets a cookie for DotA r

altpersona

• Organ Grinder
  • BG forum Emperor Ad Litem
    • Altpersona.net
i may be being a tard here. but please point me to where it says (if it does) you cant take Rogue1/Fighter1 (SA variant), for 2d6 SA @ lvl 2.
The goal of power is power. - idk
We are not descended from fearful men. - Murrow

The Final Countdown is now stuck in your head.

Anim-manga sux.

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
i may be being a tard here. but please point me to where it says (if it does) you cant take Rogue1/Fighter1 (SA variant), for 2d6 SA @ lvl 2.

It doesn't say that anywhere, that's perfectly legal as long as the DM allows UA variants.
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
Q273: Can someone point me to the FAQ/Custserv quote/ruling/whatever that says that early entry methods like Eldritch Corruption, Versatile Spellcaster + Heighten and Precocious Apprentice are, if not kosher, at least legal?
Gendou Ikari is basically Gregory House in Kaminashades. This is FACT.

For proof, look here:

http://www.layoutjelly.com/image_27/gendo_ikari/

[SPOILER]
Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7
My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Katana of Enlightenment.
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

I HAVE BROKEN THE 69 INTERNETS BARRIER!

altpersona

• Organ Grinder
  • BG forum Emperor Ad Litem
    • Altpersona.net
ty, i sorta forgot a Q# ima go hide from PI
The goal of power is power. - idk
We are not descended from fearful men. - Murrow

The Final Countdown is now stuck in your head.

Anim-manga sux.