Author Topic: Reikhardt is your buddy, part 2  (Read 2017 times)

Surreal

• Hong Kong
    • Email
Reikhardt is your buddy, part 2
« on: July 20, 2009, 02:33:52 AM »
One of the most frustrating things about a lot of classes is that they might have a really cool ability, but it's only useable 1/day. Enter the Squire of Legend (Reikhardt), an early entry PrC from Complete Champion who can grant an ally one extra use of an Ex or Su ability. Take leadership (who doesn't?) and by level 8 your cohort can let you use that ability 2/day. Now admittedly, 2/day doesn't strike a lot of people as the bee's knees, but for me it certainly opens up a lot more potential. When I only have 1/day, I suffer from the "maybe next time" mentality and never use it, thus a lot of potential PrCs get looked over. But twice a day? Now I'm not afraid of burning the first use, and once I've done it once, I'm more inclined to use the second one (it's a psychological thing really).

So preamble aside, I'm asking you guys to help me out and list that classes/PrCs have really great Ex or Su abilities that are only useable 1/day.

I'll start with a nice one:

Fatespinner: target takes a -10 or +10 to it's next saving throw
---
"The late, sedate, and no to great." ~Surreal

Some Handy Links for CO Work (WotC 339 version) - a compilation of links for base/prestige class handbooks, tactics, spellcasting, character builds, D&D databases, etc.
Archived version of the above with working links

The Mango Index - a giant index for all things D&D and where to find them
The Mango List Reborn! - rehosted by KellKheraptis

Lists of Stuff - listing of class features etc and how to get them, etc. sort of like above but a little more specific and sorted by category
Polymorph, Wildshape and Shapechange, oh my! (comparison charts) - side-by-side comparison of all the various form altering abilities
Alternative Class Features
alternative ways to get class skills

Surreal

• Hong Kong
    • Email
Re: Reikhardt is your buddy, part 2
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2009, 02:35:08 AM »
The lesser Reikhardt ability also lets the Squire grant extra actions to an ally. Slap that on a factotum 8 with cunning surge and you're throwing around extra actions all over the place. Extra shenanigoats if the Squire is the cohort of a Crusader abusing White Raven.
---
"The late, sedate, and no to great." ~Surreal

Some Handy Links for CO Work (WotC 339 version) - a compilation of links for base/prestige class handbooks, tactics, spellcasting, character builds, D&D databases, etc.
Archived version of the above with working links

The Mango Index - a giant index for all things D&D and where to find them
The Mango List Reborn! - rehosted by KellKheraptis

Lists of Stuff - listing of class features etc and how to get them, etc. sort of like above but a little more specific and sorted by category
Polymorph, Wildshape and Shapechange, oh my! (comparison charts) - side-by-side comparison of all the various form altering abilities
Alternative Class Features
alternative ways to get class skills

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2009, 11:15:21 AM »
Supernatural transformation + Kaleidoscopic doom?
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

Bastian

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2009, 02:13:19 PM »
The Metamind's Font of Power is good if you're willing to sacrifice a few manifester levels (of course you don't actually need to use it more than once a day if you abuse Temporal Reiteration).

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2009, 02:21:05 PM »
The Metamind's Font of Power is good if you're willing to sacrifice a few manifester levels spend a feat on Leadership (of course you don't actually need to use it more than once a day if you abuse Temporal Reiteration).
Fixed that for you ;)
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2009, 08:53:08 PM »
The Dervishes Thousand Cuts capstone. For melee, that can be brutal. Plus Stormguard. Plus Time Stands Still. What can we add/change?

Negative Zero

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2009, 09:47:14 PM »
Couldn't a Squire of Legend ready an action to give you back the 1/day "Get back a maneuver" thing from Eternal Blade? To get back Time Stands Still twice in one round, of course.

Also, the Sudden Metamagic feats (and the similar Incantatrix ability) are good options.

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2009, 04:55:45 AM »
Couldn't a Squire of Legend ready an action to give you back the 1/day "Get back a maneuver" thing from Eternal Blade?
And their super-sweet capstone ability :D
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol