Author Topic: I need you to school me!  (Read 5024 times)

Banor

• Curious George
Re: I need you to school me!
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2009, 09:37:40 PM »
Rain of Steel all the way. Seriously. The more you gonna use it, the more you will like it. It's THAT good.

CaptainKarzak

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2009, 01:50:09 PM »
One other question: I have a reckless +2 bastard sword as my offhand weapon, but I've been afraid to use its power because I don't understand how it works with paired attacks like twin strike.

[spoiler]Reckless: Power (At-Will): Free Action. Use this power before making a melee attack against an adjacent target. You gain a power bonus to that attack's damage roll equal to twice this weapon's enhancement bonus. You take a -2 penalty to AC untill the end of your turn.[/spoiler]

Does this power bonus to damage add to both attacks made during a twin strike (or other similar ranger powers)?

I've seen DPR calculations where this is explicity true, but for the life of me, I can't figure out why this power bonus on my off-hand might also apply to my main hand.

[Not that I'd mind the boost to my DPR.]

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2009, 01:51:06 PM »
Yes, it applies to all attacks.
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

CaptainKarzak

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2009, 02:17:20 PM »
Okay, I am happy to hear that, but *why* does it work that way?

Where in the wording of that ability does it make that clear?

Let's look at a much more expensive enchantment: Vengeful
[spoiler]Power (Encounter): Free Action. Use this power when an attack hits a bloodied ally within 10 squares of you. Gain a +2 power bonus to attack rolls and +1D10 on damage rolls against the attacker until the end of your next turn.[/spoiler]

Now it's pretty clear that Vengeful applies to multiple attack rolls. I don't see that kind of clarity in the rules for the Reckless or Bloodclaw enchantments.

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2009, 03:17:06 PM »
Both powers mention 'an attack', in other words, they don't specify that they're limited to attacks made with the weapon possessing the Reckless or Vengeful ability (which some other weapon enhancements do explicitely mention IIRC).

That's the best and simplest answer I can give you right now, seeing as I'm AFB.
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2009, 03:54:27 PM »
Bowen's pretty much got it down, IIRC.
If you want to cheese out, try getting a pair of Bloodclaw or Reckless Spiked Gauntlets. That's another +(enhancment*2) to damage, although the damage/AC penalties do rack up pretty fast. :D
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation