Author Topic: What's up with this?  (Read 2278 times)

Psychic Robot

• Bi-Curious George
What's up with this?
« on: July 16, 2009, 11:16:50 PM »
Hey there,

A couple of your posts have been reported recently. I noticed that you just started posting again after being away a while and wanted to let you know that we've been working on having a less abrasive tone on the boards.

Most of your posts since returning are okay. Stick with constructive discussion and leave the vitriol at the door and everything should be fine.

Let me know if you have any questions.

~Kai
I thought this was supposed to be one of the few places where people could flame each other without fear of moderator intervention.

(Also, all threads discussing politics should now be described as "lolitics," amirite?)

PhoenixInferno

• Hong Kong
Re: What's up with this?
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2009, 11:36:59 PM »
Things have changed, apparently.

Dan2

• Hong Kong
  • Wizicist
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2009, 01:11:34 AM »
Among a host of other things, the Brilliant Gameologists are trying to create a less negative atmosphere.

You are free to debate, argue, and be perfectly frank, however flaming and being excessively hostile aren't appreciated anymore.

There's a lot of reasoning behind it, but I'm going to have to let Meg or one of the others explain it more clearly.

Kai

• (rhymes with pie)
  • Donkey Kong
  • Don't panic!
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2009, 01:30:23 AM »
There's a lot of reasoning behind it, but I'm going to have to let Meg or one of the others explain it more clearly.

A good place to start might be the Major Board Changes Coming thread stickied at the top of this very board.
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." ~Mahatma Gandhi

Psychic Robot

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2009, 02:13:40 AM »
Shrug.  I guess I'd like more clear-cut guidelines of what is an what is not acceptable.  I consider unhinged political zealotry to reflect more poorly on this board than telling the aforementioned zealots to fuck right off.  But that's just me.

Josh

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2009, 03:48:36 AM »
Shrug.  I guess I'd like more clear-cut guidelines of what is an what is not acceptable.  I consider unhinged political zealotry to reflect more poorly on this board than telling the aforementioned zealots to fuck right off.  But that's just me.

If you think you were told to fuck off I don't think any amount of guidelines will help.
Ennies Nominees - Best Podcast 2009

EjoThims

• Grape ape
  • The Ferret
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2009, 04:55:58 AM »
If you think you were told to fuck off I don't think any amount of guidelines will help.

I believe he meant that he feels that some of what he has seen reflects worse than him telling them to fuck off.

Zeke

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2009, 11:15:36 AM »
A point (however distastefull) properly argued is acceptable. It is possible to disagree with anyone. We just ask that you avoid the name calling.

Meg

• Message Board Extraordinaire
  • Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Are you rapier than me?
    • Brilliant Gameologists
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2009, 11:00:10 PM »
I thought this was supposed to be one of the few places where people could flame each other without fear of moderator intervention.

Nope.  No flaming.  Disagreeing, sure.  Strong disagreements, go for it.  But as Kai pointed out, please see the other thread.  We are looking to change the tone of the boards and flaming without adding anything constructive to the community is not welcome.
All of my updates are on twitter! 

This is my angry voice.  Text written in red, by me, is  an official moderator "suggestion"

Want to meet me or the other Gameologists?  Check out where we'll be on the Conventions, Meetups and Events board!

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
  • Aistii valoa auttavasti
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2009, 11:04:18 PM »
Really?

Edit: This was for Zeke's post, not Meg's even though it sort of answered my question. Sort of.

Handy Links