Author Topic: My thoughts on the different gaming podcasts I listen to.  (Read 5215 times)

Doctor X

• Monkey bussiness
  • Wacky Neighbor
    • Email
My thoughts on the different gaming podcasts I listen to.
« on: July 16, 2009, 06:23:31 AM »
(In no particular order)

Fear the Boot: Remember back in the 80s when FASA made Battletech?  Yeah.  Remember how NO OTHER GAME HAS BEEN MADE SINCE THEN???

Brilliant Gameologists: Ok, we've finished talking about all the conventions we've been to recently, now we'll mention min/maxing for a second before talking about all the conventions we're going to go to soon.  Also, they call it a stupid joke that was annoying before the episode was over and makes people stop listening for a reason.

Roleplaying Public Radio: Hey, I got a crazy idea: Why don't we use our gaming podcast to actually talk about gaming?

Kicked In The Dicebags: Did you know that on the internet, you can make sex jokes and say bad words?  Let's make a podcast about that!

Save Against Frostbite: (See Kicked In The Dicebags, but say "oot" and "aboot" a lot.)

The Podgecast: (Sound of Luke Crane's salad being tossed for 60 minutes.)

Bear Swarm: (See The Podgecast, except replace Luke Crane with Jim Butcher.)
"The police take you down to the station for Questioning.  Everyone take 1D3 points of Questioning."  -Me to my Call of Cthulhu players on numerous occasions.

Meg

• Message Board Extraordinaire
  • Brilliant Gameologist
  • Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Are you rapier than me?
    • Brilliant Gameologists
    • Email
Re: My thoughts on the different gaming podcasts I listen to.
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2009, 01:59:47 PM »
Cute.  And btw, we've stopped talking about conventions in episodes.  We were totally guilty of that in I think 3 shows or so and it was too much, totally agreed.  Now we're going to record a short recap of a con all by itself and release it so if people can opt in instead of the other way around.
All of my updates are on twitter! 

This is my angry voice.  Text written in red, by me, is  an official moderator "suggestion"

Want to meet me or the other Gameologists?  Check out where we'll be on the Conventions, Meetups and Events board!

Doctor X

• Monkey bussiness
  • Wacky Neighbor
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2009, 03:27:37 PM »
Thanks.  Posted this in a few of the shows' forums.  Glad it's being taken in the "roast" spirit intended.
"The police take you down to the station for Questioning.  Everyone take 1D3 points of Questioning."  -Me to my Call of Cthulhu players on numerous occasions.

Zeke

• Brilliant Gameologist
  • Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2009, 04:13:54 PM »
The fact that you don't pull your punches with any of the shows is what makes it so effective.

Josh

• Brilliant Gameologist
  • Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2009, 09:50:48 PM »
It actually warms my heart when people dis the fact that we talk about conventions too much.  It means they are not listening to many other podcasts. 
Ennies Nominees - Best Podcast 2009