Author Topic: A New Beginning in Ssan Ryss  (Read 10533 times)

ksbsnowowl

• Grape ape
  • Wishing I was a raging Norseman
Re: A New Beginning in Ssan Ryss
« Reply #60 on: November 02, 2009, 11:10:10 PM »
Seeing that much of the work of setting up camp has been accomplished, Tarwin offers to maintain a watch for part of the evening. "Would anyone like to play a game of 'Stone, Scroll, and Dagger' to see who stands watch first?"
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

KSB Snow Owl's Archer Build thread

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #61 on: November 03, 2009, 12:34:05 AM »
"I'll stand watch first." Dimen says, volunteering.
It always seems like the barrels around here have something in them.

AfterCrescent

• Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #62 on: November 03, 2009, 12:57:18 PM »
Well that settles that, Telk't remarks as he finishes clearing a small space for himself. I'll take the middle watch, when it's darkest and you can have the morning, Tarwin.
The cake is a lie.
Need to play table top? Get your game on at:
Brilliant Gameologists' PbP Forum. Do it, you know you want to.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook
The 13th Guard - An alternate history campaign idea.
Clerics just wake up one morning and decide they need to kick ass, and it needs to be kicked NOW. ~veekie

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #63 on: November 11, 2009, 03:42:31 AM »
Dimen watches everyone go to sleep. Night happens. Stuff happens...or it doesn't.

[spoiler]*prods game with pointy-stick-that-doesn't-feel-more-roleplay-is-needed-for-this-scene**[/spoiler]

AfterCrescent

• Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #64 on: November 17, 2009, 10:59:00 PM »
The night passed quietly for Dimen's watch and Telk't remarked that it was almost eerily quiet when he woke Tarwin for the final watch.  Not long after Telk't fell asleep, though, the sounds of the wilderness began to reach Tarwin.  Midway through his shift, as he got a bit more tired, he suddenly heard a sharp yelp, like that of a wolf or coyote.  Everything went quiet and the sound repeated itself once more before falling silent again. Somewhere in that yelp, Tarwin thought he almost heard the sound of bone crunching. 

Just as he was about to wake the others, the sounds of night resumed. Not being entirely sure where the yelp came from, Tarwin rationalized that wasted energy searching in the dark would be fruitless.  Still, he stood vigilant while the sun began to rise and with it, his teammates.

Before the sun is up, but when light has begun to find the sky again, Tarwin sees a human-like figure approaching from the darkness some 300'+ away.  In the dark he can't make out much about the figure, but it appears to be limping and carrying some manner of staff...
The cake is a lie.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook
Clerics just wake up one morning and decide they need to kick ass, and it needs to be kicked NOW. ~veekie

ksbsnowowl

• Grape ape
« Reply #65 on: November 19, 2009, 01:01:58 AM »
"Shipmate, someone approaches," Tarwin says as he nudges Dimen awake.  I hope his limp isn't due to my former reluctance to wake my comrades... he thinks to himself while cocking his crossbow and lowering it to appear non-threatening.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

AfterCrescent

• Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #66 on: November 19, 2009, 02:28:10 PM »
As Dimen slowly wakes, it's clear to Tarwin that the one approaching doesn't see them from their vantage point, as he begins to turn, almost erratically and wander for a couple seconds before turning again.  He seems overall lost and confused, and his limp does nothing to improve his overall condition.
The cake is a lie.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #67 on: November 20, 2009, 01:31:25 PM »
Dimen stands up and stretches (the equivalent of drawing his weapon), then his eyes begin to adjust to low light. He looks to Tarwin, knowing that the priest was better with words than he was, and chose to stand off to the side for now.

[spoiler]"Off to the side" being exactly 30 ft from the 5 ft square in front of Tarwin. ;)[/spoiler]

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #68 on: November 24, 2009, 09:54:38 PM »
Dimen clears his throat. "Ahem."

EjoThims

• Grape ape
  • The Ferret
    • Email
« Reply #69 on: November 25, 2009, 07:22:02 AM »
Malachi snores softly, since no one has bothered to wake him or Dusk and there has no been no real disturbance yet.

Dictum Mortuum

• Hong Kong
  • always female suspects
    • Email
« Reply #70 on: December 01, 2009, 06:47:06 PM »
Dusk opens his eyes and streches his limbs. He then takes a look around to assess the situation and reaches for his cane to stand up. He nods to his already awake teammates, adding: Good morning. Has anyone seen my dog?
Dictum Mortuum's Handbooks: My personal character optimization blog.

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #71 on: December 02, 2009, 03:17:06 PM »
Dimen addresses the stranger. "May we help you?"

[spoiler]Invisible Castle is down, so I roll a Spot check for "Dusk's dog" using AC's dice. I point the dog out if I see it.[/spoiler]

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #72 on: December 14, 2009, 02:25:22 PM »
Dimen turns to Dusk. "Sorry, but I don't know 'who let the dog out'."

EjoThims

• Grape ape
  • The Ferret
    • Email
« Reply #73 on: December 14, 2009, 06:37:44 PM »
Snore snore snore.

AfterCrescent

• Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #74 on: December 17, 2009, 05:19:03 AM »
As Dusk stands up, his companion comes scrambling out of the wagon where it had taken refuge for the night. Once it takes up a stance near Dusk, it turns toward the man in the shadows and begins to growl, clearly unsettled.

When Dimen calls out to the figure, it stops and tilts its head towards the group.  After a second or two, it begins to head in their direction, slowly at first but quickly picking up speed.   In spite of its limp,  it appears to be almost running with the aid of its staff after a few seconds and quickly closes to about 200'.

With the sun slowly rising and the growling of Dusk's companion combined, Malachi & Telk't finds themselves unable to sleep any longer and wake to the sound of someone rapidly approaching their campsite.

At this distance, Dimen can't make out much more than he could before, but Tarwin and Dusk see a most grotesque sight.  This human form is no man, but a creature that looks horribly burned and disfigured. Its limp is caused by a deformed leg, and its arms are twisted into grotesque parodies of what human limbs should be.  Although it is still a distance away, Tarwin almost can't believe his eyes when he thinks he sees various bones protruding from the creature, almost as if its flesh has been stripped away in places.  From this distance its hard to tell if the staff it carries is a white wood or, possibly, bone.

Spot Rolls:[spoiler]Dimen, Tarwin, Dusk (1d20+5, 1d20+2, 1d20+6=[3, 5], [16, 2], [9, 6])[/spoiler]
OOC:[spoiler]I hate you both, SDK & Ejo. :P

Go ahead and roll initiative, everyone. It's still pretty far off, so unless you're hitting it at that range, take a round's worth of actions and I'll put up a mat when the creature's 100' away. (Yes, I'm lazy and don't want to make a map that big)[/spoiler]
The cake is a lie.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #75 on: December 17, 2009, 02:10:56 PM »
Initiative (1d20+2=14)

The Kalastar's face, while hard to see in the low light, held something resembling a grin. "Time to show you my newest trick, Tarwin."

With that, his body expanded in all directions, doubling in size. He moved forward, keeping as little of his body vulnerable as possible.

[spoiler]Moving 30 feat forward. Combat Expertise for +1 AC (-1 to hit on AoOs), Declaring Dodge for another +1 AC. So with the size penalty and Dex decrease,  AC is...still 15. Also, depending on visibility, the Blind-Fight feat might get used... Wow, even crummy pre-req feats can have their uses.[/spoiler]

ksbsnowowl

• Grape ape
« Reply #76 on: December 22, 2009, 01:14:28 AM »
"Impressive.  I detest the idea of getting face to face with that grotesque monstrosity," Tarwin says with a nauseated look on his face.

[spoiler]Invisible Castle is back up.

Initative (1d20+2=17)[/spoiler]

EjoThims

• Grape ape
  • The Ferret
    • Email
« Reply #77 on: December 23, 2009, 10:04:48 PM »
Malachi wakes and stands.

Do we have a visitor?

And a giant?

Impressive indeed.

Malachi studies the newcomer for a moment and whispers a to himself before grinning an impossibly charming grin.

[spoiler]
Intitiative = 5
Knowledge Devotion checks, Arcana, Religion, Planes in order = 22, 10, 24
And Nature, since I forgot it = 19
 So if Arcana, Nature, or Planes is applicable I get +2 attack/damage, if Religion +1, otherwise nothing[/spoiler]

Dictum Mortuum

• Hong Kong
  • always female suspects
    • Email
« Reply #78 on: December 24, 2009, 09:36:58 AM »
Dusk orders his pet (handle animal: 18) to defend Malachi. He then tries to find a good spot to examine the creature closer.

[spoiler]17 initiative yoohoo ^-^[/spoiler]
Dictum Mortuum's Handbooks: My personal character optimization blog.

AfterCrescent

• Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #79 on: January 15, 2010, 08:05:36 PM »
Dusk's companion, still growling, moves over in front of Malachi, protectively.

As the monster continues rapidly approaching, Telk't jumps up and pulls a short sword out of seemingly nowhere. Weapons! He calls out as the creature finally becomes fully visible, even in the dim light.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

When Dimen comes moving up, the creature shrieks and turns toward him, now barring his staff like the spear it is.

Map:
[spoiler][/spoiler]
Initiative:
[spoiler]Tarwin - 17
Dusk - 17
Dimen - 14
Telk't - 11
Monster - 9
Malachi - 5[/spoiler]

OOC:[spoiler]I think we're caught up. Let me know if I missed anything, though. :embarrassed[/spoiler]
The cake is a lie.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook