Author Topic: [OOC] Character Sheets  (Read 7718 times)

Vinom

• Hong Kong
  • Rejoice, Bad things are about to happen!
    • Email
Re: [OOC] Character Sheets
« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2009, 03:10:57 AM »
I have to agree with Generic... your chara was about 6 times as powerful per full round than any other player, and your responce to use calling foul was for us to munchkin our characters...
A player once asked me if there was any way to make a Tarrasque more evil... 3 sessions later he was stoned with D20s as the PC led an exidus out of the path of a Dire Tarrasque of Legendary Wonder.

Quote from:  Sarda the Sage
You're a quick thinker and spiteful, I can respect that. You won't be killed, Bikke

Never trust a smiling laughing chuckling grinning emotionless drunk, you know what Never Trust a DM!

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature

Pulling off Pun-pun in 26 rounds

N00bs, because all gamers have to start somewhere

"Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from Science!"

Remember, Mobs are at least as stupid as their dumbest member.

Nuntius Mortis

• Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2009, 08:20:01 AM »
How many CR1 encounters can hit a 31AC?

None. But my character wouldn't be CR 1. It would be CR 5. A 5th level druid could be an appropriate encounter for my player. And bear in mind that by 5th level druids can Wild shape and cast venomfire ;)

Anyway, what matters most in a campaign is the balance between the PCs. And as the rest of you didn't optimized the races and the template of your PCs, your argument is quite fair.
Never underestimate a halfling!

Sepehr Anvari - Chaos Monk

Velnius Agonista - Halfling Thrower (needs repair)

Generic_PC

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2009, 02:52:43 PM »
I'm sorry, but my character should be a CR3. It would be easily blown away by any CR3, cept maybe rust monsters. Any Druid which doesn't use obviously broken spells would still, admittedly, do just fine against your character, but Wildshape should not come into this. A 5th level Druid still cannot wildshape into ANYTHING which will hit an AC of 31. Ultimately, it would come down to which spells the druid prepared, and I will not address venomfire, an extremely broken spell which, thankfully, none of my players have even found yet.

Besides, a 5th level fighter should also be a CR5, and wouldn't be able to hit a 31 AC without heavy optimization (18 str+5 BAB is only a +9 bonus, not nearly enough to hit reliably.) And, at that point, assuming 12 Dex and +1 Full Plate, Still has an AC of only 20 (assuming a THF). You can hit that 60% of the time. With a single class level. Meanwhile, this fighter, without some crazy +to-hit, can only hit you on a natural 20.

Ultimately, your character blows CR guidelines away. A 5th level Druid shouldn't even be considered a CR appropriate encounter.
Witty sayings? Nah, not right now. Currently playing Dwarf Fortress and League of Legends. I really recommend League of Legends.

Vinom

• Hong Kong
  • Rejoice, Bad things are about to happen!
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: July 20, 2009, 03:05:00 PM »
I'm sorry, but my character should be a CR3. It would be easily blown away by any CR3, cept maybe rust monsters. Any Druid which doesn't use obviously broken spells would still, admittedly, do just fine against your character, but Wildshape should not come into this. A 5th level Druid still cannot wildshape into ANYTHING which will hit an AC of 31. Ultimately, it would come down to which spells the druid prepared, and I will not address venomfire, an extremely broken spell which, thankfully, none of my players have even found yet.

Besides, a 5th level fighter should also be a CR5, and wouldn't be able to hit a 31 AC without heavy optimization (18 str+5 BAB is only a +9 bonus, not nearly enough to hit reliably.) And, at that point, assuming 12 Dex and +1 Full Plate, Still has an AC of only 20 (assuming a THF). You can hit that 60% of the time. With a single class level. Meanwhile, this fighter, without some crazy +to-hit, can only hit you on a natural 20.

Ultimately, your character blows CR guidelines away. A 5th level Druid shouldn't even be considered a CR appropriate encounter.
a 6st level orc Barbarian with a shield, mace and helm of wonder is a not a CR6 encounter... but it would be a fun one...
A player once asked me if there was any way to make a Tarrasque more evil... 3 sessions later he was stoned with D20s as the PC led an exidus out of the path of a Dire Tarrasque of Legendary Wonder.

Quote from:  Sarda the Sage
You're a quick thinker and spiteful, I can respect that. You won't be killed, Bikke

Never trust a smiling laughing chuckling grinning emotionless drunk, you know what Never Trust a DM!

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature

Pulling off Pun-pun in 26 rounds

N00bs, because all gamers have to start somewhere

"Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from Science!"

Remember, Mobs are at least as stupid as their dumbest member.

Nuntius Mortis

• Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: July 20, 2009, 03:35:49 PM »

I agree that the fighter wouldn't be able to hit me. But the character is supposed to be better than the fighter. I know that venomfire is a broken spell but there are a lot of less broken spells that could work against my character. A caster could easily cast protection from arrows to himself, reduce my AC with touch of idiocy and then proceeding into casting True Strike and hitting me with his keen weapon. A cleric could cast Sanctuary and when he's round comes he could cast Bestow Curse in order to lower my Dex (or just reducing my Con to 8) and then proceed to cast Deific Vengeance. Heck, NPCs with the Deflect Arrows feat wouldn't have such a big problem either. There are ways to beat this PC. It's far from being invincible.

Anyway, I'm over arguing here. I don't want to cause any further problems. We can continue this discussion through PMs if you want.

Never underestimate a halfling!

Sepehr Anvari - Chaos Monk

Velnius Agonista - Halfling Thrower (needs repair)