Author Topic: Making Wolverine  (Read 14422 times)

j0lt

• Hong Kong
  • Browncoat
Re: Making Wolverine
« Reply #60 on: June 15, 2009, 06:07:34 AM »
Huh, I guess the thread has some sort of regenerative ability or something...   ;)
PbP Games
The Artifact (prologue) as Dr. Henry Loder, Mayan archaeologist

dark_samuari

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #61 on: June 15, 2009, 06:16:17 AM »
So I don't know if the idea has been tossed around but... psionics?

j0lt

• Hong Kong
  • Browncoat
« Reply #62 on: June 15, 2009, 06:17:45 AM »
So I don't know if the idea has been tossed around but... psionics?

Are you serious?!  :twitch

Anyways, my initial build looks like it'll be a level 16 build, 36 point-buy, requiring 15 mutation points (from d20 Future/Apocalypse).  3 levels of the Tough Hero base class, a level of Evolutionary (from d20 Apocalypse) to increase his base claw damage to 2d6, two levels of Martial Artist, and then 10 levels of Thrasher (from Urban Arcana) for DR 10 and some ability surge(like Barbarian Rage), etc...  I'll probably need to borrow a few things from D&D such as templates or feats or something because nothing in the d20 Modern RAW can replicate his healing factor, but aside from that I think I can get a pretty accurate build.

Wolverine, as built by RAW with d20 Modern

Aside from adding the Feral template and Healer template (d20 Future) to this, are there any other small things like feats that would add to his fast healing ability or give him regeneration?
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 11:29:45 AM by j0lt »
PbP Games
The Artifact (prologue) as Dr. Henry Loder, Mayan archaeologist

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #63 on: June 15, 2009, 12:39:02 PM »
Toughness and Troll-Blooded feats net you Regeneration 1 (acid and fire deal lethal damage), but you become fatigued in daylight, so you'd need a level in Horizon Walker (Troll-Blooded is in an issue of Dragon Magazine btw)

(yes, I've worked on 'Wolverine'-type characters before :P)
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

jacemachine

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks