Author Topic: 2-player love  (Read 2583 times)

Abismald

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
  • Meh
    • Email
2-player love
« on: July 03, 2009, 08:52:40 PM »

Abismald

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
  • Meh
    • Email
Re: 2-player love
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2009, 12:41:28 AM »
I almost forgot!  For the more CCG inclined, I have heard (but do not know from experience) that Blue Moon (card game not beer) is a good time!

terling

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
Re: 2-player love
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2010, 12:17:30 PM »
My wife and I have gotten a lot of mileage out of Balloon Cup and Carcassonne both from Rio Grande Games.

Balloon Cup is a card-based game, where you are trying to win various balloon races by playing cards to advance your balloon or hinder your opponent's.

Carcassonne is a tile-based game that is very interesting for two players and a completely different interesting when you have three or more players.  We even play Carcassonne with the kids using the basic rules.  There are several variants and several expansions for changing game play to keep the games interesting if you desire.

I have been playing Dungeon Twister (basic rules) with my 10-year olds.  The complete lack of random makes it a very interesting puzzle for me and less frustrating for them.  Watching them play is interesting, because they invest so much in various characters they 'like'.  My son uses his wizard almost always and for most things, while my daughter uses the thief or phasing character predominately.