Author Topic: Adventure 1 - New Recruits  (Read 24055 times)

Irthos Levethix

• Donkey Kong
  • We're all a little mad here
    • Email
Re: Adventure 1 - New Recruits
« Reply #80 on: July 09, 2009, 03:06:38 AM »
"Oh, it is a useful skill, to be sure.  I'm just curious as to the "Hydro" part of her name.  Now, please, let the girl answer"  Davis begins shuffling through some of the papers from the folder.
Run, my pretty little chunks of XP!! - Belkar Bitterleaf

92% Tactician 83% Method Actor 75% Min/Maxer         Thats 250% of Gamer, bitches!

Shewolf

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
« Reply #81 on: July 09, 2009, 03:14:48 AM »
Ana sighed, she had finished her little ceremony quietly, and had caught most of the conversation around her.  I have no powers.  Only the protection granted to me by Xipe-Totec...through his might, I am able to heal with a touch...  You get the impression that here she is leaving something out, as she pauses.  The luck of my enemies can turn awry at critical moments, and the Flayed Lord has also sent me a protective spirit to aid me  At this, she gestures at her jaguar pelt, though one wonders how a lifeless skin can grant much protection.

She frowned, unable to decide how to continue.  If it is alright with everyone, I have something to give each of you, a charm, a token of everyone's individual Nahual to protect each of you.  You don't have to do anything with it, just carry it with you.Merry Christmas!...Why the blank look?  That is what is said at gift-giving, yes?  She frowned, causing a slight furrow in her brow. I'm sorry to have interrupted, but it's very important that everyone is protected.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 03:18:16 AM by Shewolf »

Vinom

• Hong Kong
  • Rejoice, Bad things are about to happen!
    • Email
« Reply #82 on: July 09, 2009, 03:26:09 AM »
Kevin chuckled... "Christmas is a date, a holiday... based on what the Catholic church redeclared Christ's birth day to, in order to allow it to absorb the existing celebration of the winter solstice. About 14 centuries later, a bishop, a high priest of the church, build a factory in the south of Spain, and offered jobs to men and women of a race who normal couldn't find any quality of job at all. All year they would make toys, and on the 'birthday of Christ' the bishop would distribute the toys to the children of the working folk, in order to cause them to feel grateful to Christ..."
A player once asked me if there was any way to make a Tarrasque more evil... 3 sessions later he was stoned with D20s as the PC led an exidus out of the path of a Dire Tarrasque of Legendary Wonder.

Quote from:  Sarda the Sage
You're a quick thinker and spiteful, I can respect that. You won't be killed, Bikke

Never trust a smiling laughing chuckling grinning emotionless drunk, you know what Never Trust a DM!

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature

Pulling off Pun-pun in 26 rounds

N00bs, because all gamers have to start somewhere

"Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from Science!"

Remember, Mobs are at least as stupid as their dumbest member.

Generic_PC

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #83 on: July 09, 2009, 04:13:08 AM »
"Thanks much Anacoana. Should I just slide this into a pocket, or pin it to my jacket, or eat it?" He smiles as he says the last, the cynicism in his tone evident. "I'm not too well versed on Tenochca religion.

[spoiler]Although maybe not to someone who isn't fluent in english.[/spoiler]
Witty sayings? Nah, not right now. Currently playing Dwarf Fortress and League of Legends. I really recommend League of Legends.

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #84 on: July 09, 2009, 11:28:20 AM »
"I was born a Hal, but I don't know what I am now. My body is composed entirely of water, giving me a flexible form." she says, as if answering a trivia question. You get the impression that she was drilled in how to answer this question. "I am harder to injure than one of the three races, especially with physical attacks. When I am hurt, I can recover easily if I go into a large body of water. I can also use the water around me to attack...but on a plane where there's not enough water for that I can't show you that."

Her voice returned to it's normal, more energetic self, not reciting an invisible cue card. "I actually look like this." she said as her entire appearance became that of water in the shape of a female humanoid. The only clue of what kind of humanoid was slight indentations behind her ears where presumably gills had once been. "But it was weird to not have a face, so I imagined my old face and body and I looked like this again."

She now appeared to have light skin where water had once been. Her hair was brown, her eyes solid black and her gills were now more noticeable. "They said I could change the color of the light reflecting off me. And my body can already change it's shape. So I can look like different people, though I don't like looking like a boy...that's gross. That wouldn't work anyway since I'm still learning how to change my voice. For now though, I'll just look human."
Her solid black eyes were now normal brown eyes and all evidence of her gills were gone. She also reshaped her form to include her clothing.
It always seems like the barrels around here have something in them.

Irthos Levethix

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #85 on: July 09, 2009, 02:03:25 PM »
Taking the charm from Ana, Davis appeared quite skeptical as to its usefulness.  Grunting a thanks, he tossed it in his pack without much thought or examination.  "Well, this does seem to be a group well suited for this mission."  Thinking for a moment, he continued.  "Guy, we're going to use the cover story you invented on the ride, with some slight alterations.  Kevin and Nerine will play the part of my niece and nephew.... lets say, my brother's children.  He died two years ago.  No not really," waving off false sympathy, "I don't have a brother.  Ana and Guy, you will be tourists as well, perhaps just a blind man and his caretaker.  Remember, this is a discrete operation, no gunshots or fatalities if we can avoid it."  Looking around to make sure everyone was listening, and seeing if any objections were raised, he continued.  "Once we land and arrive at the hotel, we'll begin our investigation.  Nerine, do you think you could try to make contact with the Roans in their lake?"  And finally turning to Ana, he said "Also, if the Irish government will cooperate, perhaps we could have a look at the bodies to determine possible foul play in their cause of death."  To the group, he added "Any other suggestions or ideas, feel free to add."
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 02:05:42 PM by Irthos Levethix »

92% Tactician 83% Method Actor 75% Min/Maxer         Thats 250% of Gamer, bitches!

Generic_PC

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #86 on: July 09, 2009, 02:12:44 PM »
[spoiler]Your avatar is some scary shit, Irthos. Like, honestly, Every time i see it.[/spoiler]

"How should we deal with things if this mission becomes... more complex, shall we say, than Xelthos told us it would be? It's good to be... ready for any eventualities. Other than that, your plan seems fine."
Witty sayings? Nah, not right now. Currently playing Dwarf Fortress and League of Legends. I really recommend League of Legends.

Shewolf

« Reply #87 on: July 09, 2009, 03:11:06 PM »
She expected a certain lack of belief from these people, but to her, the degree of it was still a little dissapointing to one who had devoted her life to her faith.
She sighed, Major, the cover story sounds fine, but I don't know that the authorities usually let tourists examine bodies...I could ask, but we'll see.

Irthos Levethix

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #88 on: July 09, 2009, 03:40:11 PM »
The Major sighed.  "Our cover story is for general usage, but it seems that Xelthos provided us with an excellent means of getting though that particular hurdle.  Guy, Ana, we're all now members of of Parkham, Parkham, & Johnson.  It seems we're paranormal investigators, and due to an 'anonymous tip', we're here investigating these 'strange deaths'.".  With that, the Major produced ID cards and documentation from the papers given by Xelthos, and handed them out.  The cards appeared quite genuine, complete with picture ID and barcodes.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 03:52:30 PM by Irthos Levethix »

Vinom

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #89 on: July 09, 2009, 05:19:04 PM »
"Wait, is Parkham, Parkham, and Johnson a cover, a front, or a really business?" Kevin asked, adding the small thunderbolt thing to a metal chain he has hanging round his neck... "For that matter, is it paranormal for a paranormal investigator to have two kids tagging along? Is it wise to have one of our own to go off alone to an island where we can't maintain contact or send backup quickly, espesially if one of the problems on the table is that these were-seal thingys may very well be drowning people?"
A player once asked me if there was any way to make a Tarrasque more evil... 3 sessions later he was stoned with D20s as the PC led an exidus out of the path of a Dire Tarrasque of Legendary Wonder.

You're a quick thinker and spiteful, I can respect that. You won't be killed, Bikke

Never trust a smiling laughing chuckling grinning emotionless drunk, you know what Never Trust a DM!

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #90 on: July 09, 2009, 06:41:12 PM »
"That sounds like it will be so much fun! Count me in!"

Vinom

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #91 on: July 09, 2009, 07:59:49 PM »
Kevin perks up... "Ooh oh oh, what's my suicude mission, Major Major Major Major?" he says, his voice so devoid of anything save that fake exuberence, it makes the sarcasm come out all the clearer...

Irthos Levethix

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #92 on: July 09, 2009, 09:18:58 PM »
Casting a scathing look at the kid, Davis says "Currently, if you're looking for a 'suicide mission', I would suggest you keep speaking to me in that tone."

Generic_PC

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #93 on: July 09, 2009, 09:23:22 PM »
"Kevin, we can give you one if you want. Nerine is just excited. You should be too. How often do you get to have a vacation? Not very often, I'm sure. I'm sure that having your neice and nephew along for a job isn't to uncommon, if you roll it into a vacation. Myself and Anacoana, being the tourists that we are, will probably be able to arrange for a trip to the seal island." Guy talks while grabbing a floppy leather cowboy hat from his bag. He puts it onto his head, then slides it down, covering his eyes. "In short, I agree with the major.

Vinom

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #94 on: July 09, 2009, 10:12:08 PM »
"I don't... I don't think that it's a good idea to send one member of our party to an island alone, until we're certain that these deaths aren't murders...." He says with a strong convinction... "I don't know how you did it in the seals major, or where ever it was that you claimed to serve, but I don't think that solo missions into hostile territory, in conditions that make backup a hopeful wish, is ever a good idea"

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #95 on: July 09, 2009, 10:24:44 PM »
"Uncle Davis is a seal person? He doesn't look like a seal person...."

Irthos Levethix

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #96 on: July 09, 2009, 10:29:47 PM »
"Do you have the capability to swim deep into a lake?  Can you breathe underwater?  Is there anyone else in this group that can?" The Major looks around for a second.  "No, I do not believe there is anyone else more qualified than Nerine here to do this particular part of the job.  Nor did I plan on sending her out alone, or without backup fairly close.  Also, if you think you can create a water-proof means of communication, which I highly doubt we will find in the Irish Radio Shack, then communications with her will be possible.  Now, if you have something useful to say, such as an actual suggestion or idea, rather than sarcasm and smug criticism, do so.  If not, I would strongly suggest you stop testing me, son."

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #97 on: July 09, 2009, 10:37:34 PM »
"I swim better than I walk." she assured the Major. "And I've never had to go up for air. I don't know how deep I can go, but I think I can go as deep as a seal."

Vinom

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #98 on: July 09, 2009, 10:43:01 PM »
Kevin paused to answer that... He was very hard to come to a responce to something soooooo dumb, wasn't she trained in termanology... he desided to ask another question... "I could make a flare system that would float to the surface, but if I water proofed a radio, she couldn't talk into it, or listen to what we say....... But I might be able to join her into the lake... but I've never tried it, and I have no idea what would happening if I submerged my in.... ya"

Shewolf

« Reply #99 on: July 10, 2009, 12:48:58 PM »
Ana watched the scathing comments flying back and forth as if she were watching an intense tennis game (or rather, since she didn't know tennis, as if she were watching Ullamaliztli).  She blinked, trying to shake off the mesmerizing quality of the debate and examined the ID card in her hand.[spoiler]1d6=1, 1d6=3  Factor in the -2 for clueless and I really don't know who PP&J are.[/spoiler]

She leaned back her seat and tossed a paw of the leopard pelt over her eyes to act as a sleep mask.  This left her somewhat more exposed, though she didn't seem to notice, let alone mind.