Author Topic: Adventure 1 - New Recruits  (Read 24044 times)

Generic_PC

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
Re: Adventure 1 - New Recruits
« Reply #200 on: July 26, 2009, 09:27:01 PM »
"If society kept it's brightest minds alive, it would hit a plateau very quickly. Part of the problem with people is that they are ingrained into habits. Someone in this age who did not believe in god would likely not change their tune until absolutely irrefutable evidence was given to the contrary. And someone who didn't want to see it wouldn't have to. Besides, how would you feel knowing that somewhere, some scientist has been alive since the 1800s, while you only get 1 life? Few people like to accept their own morality Kevin, and many would do anything to avoid it, to circumvent their natural orders."
Witty sayings? Nah, not right now. Currently playing Dwarf Fortress and League of Legends. I really recommend League of Legends.

Vinom

• Hong Kong
  • Rejoice, Bad things are about to happen!
    • Email
« Reply #201 on: July 26, 2009, 11:09:31 PM »
"Yes, thats why we choose the bright minds, not the idiots. Imagine for a second, if Di vinci, Tesla, Enstein, and Hawkings were in a think tank together... do you honestly think that there would still be an energy crisis...?"
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 12:40:31 AM by Vinom »
A player once asked me if there was any way to make a Tarrasque more evil... 3 sessions later he was stoned with D20s as the PC led an exidus out of the path of a Dire Tarrasque of Legendary Wonder.

Quote from:  Sarda the Sage
You're a quick thinker and spiteful, I can respect that. You won't be killed, Bikke

Never trust a smiling laughing chuckling grinning emotionless drunk, you know what Never Trust a DM!

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature

Pulling off Pun-pun in 26 rounds

N00bs, because all gamers have to start somewhere

"Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from Science!"

Remember, Mobs are at least as stupid as their dumbest member.

Irthos Levethix

• Donkey Kong
  • We're all a little mad here
    • Email
« Reply #202 on: July 27, 2009, 12:39:28 AM »
[spoiler] Assuming from the reports I read, I would know where the bodies were/are[/spoiler]
"Alright, my main issue is having three adults and 2 children walking into the morgue, I think that would raise questions we really don't want.  Further, of the resources available, I think that Guy's sense of smell and Ana's.... priestly skills, you have the most chance noticing something amiss, that wouldn't readily be found with an autopsy.  Kevin, I don't think you would be able to find anything in their computers that wouldn't already be in the reports I read, assuming you could even get on them to find something.  I doubt they'll let a twelve year old on there freely, and I don't want the negative attention from you getting caught, possibly."  The Major pauses for a second to think... "I do agree that we'll need some form of contact, we should be able to pick up a couple disposable phones, there was some petty cash in that envelope Xel gave us.  The three of us are going to go out to the lake and check it out.  It shouldn't take you two more than a couple hours to check out the morgue and come meet us out at the lake.  If it looks like Nerine might have to go for a dive, we will wait until the two of you are back with us."
Run, my pretty little chunks of XP!! - Belkar Bitterleaf

92% Tactician 83% Method Actor 75% Min/Maxer         Thats 250% of Gamer, bitches!

Vinom

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #203 on: July 27, 2009, 12:45:25 AM »
"If we will be splitting up, and waiting on them, might some local knowledge about these Roans... there might be something in the legends that isn't in that report, and it would behoove us to know as much as we can about these 'seal-people'"
A player once asked me if there was any way to make a Tarrasque more evil... 3 sessions later he was stoned with D20s as the PC led an exidus out of the path of a Dire Tarrasque of Legendary Wonder.

You're a quick thinker and spiteful, I can respect that. You won't be killed, Bikke

Never trust a smiling laughing chuckling grinning emotionless drunk, you know what Never Trust a DM!

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature

Shewolf

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
« Reply #204 on: July 27, 2009, 04:02:31 AM »
Ana scans the room, looking for one of those cheap pens that are omnipresent in hotels worldwide.  Upon finding one, she returns to the table, writing her number on a napkin and handing it to the major.  This is the number to my cellphone.  Call me if anything happens at all, though for the record, I am wholly against splitting up the group.  She scowls, an expression that would almost be called pouting in another woman.[spoiler]Though I certainly wouldn't tell her she was pouting to her face.[/spoiler]
Major, if you can, please call that number so that I have a definite way of contacting you when Guy and I are able to glean more information from these victims.  Ana leans closer to Nérine in order to whisper into her ear.  If anything bad happens, I want you to do me a favor and push your 'uncle' into that lake, ok?  Her tone, while mostly sarcastic, is not entirely without its sincerity.

Vinom

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #205 on: July 27, 2009, 04:20:15 AM »
Kevin chuckles... liking this woman more and more...

Generic_PC

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #206 on: July 27, 2009, 12:35:04 PM »
"Will Ana's cellphone number be enough, or should I give you mine as well? I have one somewhere here." He motions to his pack. "Ana is correct, we need to be able to contact each other when we discover something."

[spoiler]
Vinom, why do you end each of your posts with ellipses? I find it very hard to read, as usually an ellipse signifies a longer pause in a conversation or skipping a couple sentences in one. (a conversation.)
Witty sayings? Nah, not right now. Currently playing Dwarf Fortress and League of Legends. I really recommend League of Legends.

AfterCrescent

• Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #207 on: July 27, 2009, 08:55:16 PM »
Taking note that the server has taken a seat at a nearby table, content to wait for the party to finish their breakfast so that he may finish his job, everyone finishes up their breakfast and returns to their room.  The sound of his humming reaches their ears as they leave the small dining room and the server resumes his cleaning routine.

After gathering what they felt like they would need on their trip to the morgue, Guy and Ana exit the hotel on the ground floor and begin walking toward the corner to head west, while Ana keeps an eye out for a cab.  Hushed whispers reach their ears as gossip of the almost nude woman and her blind companion begin to spread around almost immediately.  For once, Guy hears hushed whispers that aren't solely about his handicap.  It seems the Tenochca presence is still a bit of an exotic flavor in this small town.  The duo only travels about three blocks on foot before hailing a cab to Culmore Medical, where the bodies are being stored, just outside of Derry.  They arrive at the morguegravel-like sand beach.

Map of the area for reference:[spoiler]I underlined the important areas, and the red boxes are where your two groups will be.[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 09:03:14 PM by AfterCrescent »
The cake is a lie.
Need to play table top? Get your game on at:
Brilliant Gameologists' PbP Forum. Do it, you know you want to.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook
The 13th Guard - An alternate history campaign idea.
Clerics just wake up one morning and decide they need to kick ass, and it needs to be kicked NOW. ~veekie

AfterCrescent

• Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #208 on: September 29, 2009, 03:02:55 PM »
Who's hungry? He smiled at the children as they glanced, confused at each other.

Guy and Ana were dropped off a couple blocks before the section of beach where Davis was supposed to be. The police turned the cab away along a detour, and the two took the rest of the trek on foot.  As they pushed through the crowd, an officer stopped them and tried to hold them back.

Seeing Davis still standing over the body, talking to an officer with long, exaggerated arm motions, Ana guessed he was still recounting what happened. She gave the officer stopping her a cold glare before waving warmly towards Davis.  Before she had to call out to him, he caught a glance and took off at a jog up the sandy slope.  Taking the clothes from her, he gave his thanks and pointed out where the kids were waiting, informing Ana he'll be done shortly and they can grab some food.  Before returning to the officer-in-charge, who, by then, was impatiently tapping his foot, Davis nodded towards Guy, Is he okay?

While Ana was getting Davis' attention, Guy's nose was grabbing his. Almost instinctively he turned from the Tenochca towards this new, smell. The smell of meat.  But not the normal smell of human meat, the one that always seemed to linger at the base of his nostrils. No, this was a new scent for Guy. A new smell of prey. Something that would run and taste delicious. Before he realized what he was doing, he had started to move through the crowd like there trees in a forest.

Ana turned from Davis' comment in time to see Guy disappear amidst the crowd, moving with a purpose, not the caution one normally sees from the blind.  She tried to follow, but oddly enough couldn't quite keep up. It seemed like every gap that opened for Guy closed for Ana...

As guy approached this new smell, he heard a distinctly effeminate voice whisper He's not going to stop until he finds you. Guy moved towards the sound, but the voice faded as the smell moved away and soon disappeared from the crowd. Coming to a stop at the edge of the crowd, Guy suddenly caught himself and regained control of the beast inside him, mere second before Ana caught up with him, winded from her adventure through the crowd. She gave the blind man a strange quizzical look as he was not the slightest bit out of breath.  The children are over there. Guy commented as he sniffed the air.

Two hours later, the five Guard members sat around a large table at a local diner, enjoying their lunch and the relative privacy of the restaurant.
The cake is a lie.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook
Clerics just wake up one morning and decide they need to kick ass, and it needs to be kicked NOW. ~veekie

Vinom

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #209 on: September 29, 2009, 04:56:40 PM »
[spoiler]Can I roll notice or knowledge electronic to figure out what's happened to the magenetic fields in the compass?[/spoiler]

AfterCrescent

• Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #210 on: September 29, 2009, 05:03:04 PM »
[spoiler]I'll use the roll from before for the scene. Nothing magnetic or electronic is causing the compass to react. By all reason it shouldn't be moving, but it is. Then it stops. Weird, huh? :smirk[/spoiler]
The cake is a lie.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook

Generic_PC

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #211 on: September 29, 2009, 08:56:37 PM »
"So, an exciting day so far? I mean, other than being arrested, Davis? Shall we share our new evidence?" The steak on his plate is the biggest one the restaurant had on the menu, and the extraneous stuff on the side meant little to him. Guy used a knife and fork, but only barely. 

Irthos Levethix

• Donkey Kong
  • We're all a little mad here
    • Email
« Reply #212 on: September 30, 2009, 06:18:15 PM »
"I don't think I got arrested, otherwise I wouldn't be sitting here now.  Sure, lets hear what everyone found."
Run, my pretty little chunks of XP!! - Belkar Bitterleaf

92% Tactician 83% Method Actor 75% Min/Maxer         Thats 250% of Gamer, bitches!

Vinom

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #213 on: September 30, 2009, 06:19:43 PM »
"I learned that I was sent to the wrong area..."

AfterCrescent

• Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #214 on: September 30, 2009, 06:25:32 PM »
Irthos:[spoiler] :lmao Sorry for not being clear. You didn't do anything, so after getting name, who you work for (PP&J) and where you're staying, you were free to go. Just some time wasted answering questions. You also got to spend time standing next to the body before it was taken away, if you want to know anything about it. Naked fat unshaven drunk. No head trauma, etc.[/spoiler]
The cake is a lie.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #215 on: September 30, 2009, 11:08:04 PM »
It always seems like the barrels around here have something in them.

Generic_PC

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #216 on: September 30, 2009, 11:14:42 PM »
"Where did you want to go, Kevin? They wouldn't have let you into the morgue. Back to the topic, the only thing I noticed in the morgue, apart from a lot of formaldehyde, was wet wood. I was under the impression that usually doesn't show up on bodies."

Shewolf

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
« Reply #217 on: October 01, 2009, 11:55:29 PM »
Ana nodded, picking through a salad that looked much less satisfying, next to Guy's steak.  Yes, one of the victims had traces of cedar wood in his head wound, the other looked like he had been tied down under the water.

Vinom

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #218 on: October 02, 2009, 01:17:47 AM »
Kevins ears perk... "Is Ceder a native tree?"

Generic_PC

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #219 on: October 02, 2009, 01:56:16 AM »
"Sir? Could I have another steak please? You can just leave the rest off, if you want. Merci." Guy turns back to the table. "You said there was something interesting about the wound earlier, yes Ana?"