Author Topic: Adventure 1 - New Recruits  (Read 24118 times)

Generic_PC

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
Re: Adventure 1 - New Recruits
« Reply #160 on: July 20, 2009, 01:40:20 AM »
Guy seems to be preoccupied throughout the trip through the airport, even up to getting onto the plane. Guy stays mostly quiet throughout the flight, dozing off after commenting about how wonderful the seats are.
[spoiler]
An easy way to make time problems simple. Also, Make things easier for me. Don't think I missed that hint, AC.[/spoiler]

"What else would we do, Ana? I, for one, am not about to start searching when it is this late."
He vaguely motions around himself. "I'm sure it's pretty dark out, and it feels cold. I feel the moon too, despite it not being full. Or, at least, I haven't had to resist changing, so I'm almost sure that it isn't full. Anyway, I was thinking about our mission earlier. I was having some doubts about the 13th Guard sending us. If they really thought it was such a small problem, why not let another firm, like PP&J figure it out." He smiles, orienting himself on Kevin. "Why would Nerine sleep in a bathtub? She seems fine holding her shape while distracted, so it must be subconcious. Why couldn't she hold her shape while sleeping?"
Witty sayings? Nah, not right now. Currently playing Dwarf Fortress and League of Legends. I really recommend League of Legends.

AfterCrescent

• Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #161 on: July 20, 2009, 03:52:03 PM »
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Grabbing their luggage, the five agents make their way outside into the chilly night to catch taxis to their hotel.  It only takes a few minutes before both groups are in cabs and on their way to Greencastle Village.  The road is paved for about half the way, but it isn't long before the bumping begins and the cabbie explains that most roads out here are still either old cobblestone or dirt roads.  While some half of the population own vehicles, most are content walking or biking where they need to go.

A little over half an hour later, the taxi arrives at the destined hotel, on Shilling Hill, just a few blocks Northwest of the bay.  Everyone is checked into the hotel and in their rooms by midnight.  It has been a long, tiring day, and Guy and Ana retire to their room for a restful night while Davis gets situated with the children in another room.

Knocks at the door a little past eight in the morning wake the group up as a hotel attendant announces that breakfast is being served for the next half hour, downstairs.  Only slightly jet-lagged, everyone begins to wake, ready to start the day.

Everyone:[spoiler]It's bright and early in Ireland. Your rooms are two doors apart. Get to work. :P[/spoiler]
Guy:[spoiler]What hint? I'm confused now... ???[/spoiler]
The cake is a lie.
Need to play table top? Get your game on at:
Brilliant Gameologists' PbP Forum. Do it, you know you want to.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook
The 13th Guard - An alternate history campaign idea.
Clerics just wake up one morning and decide they need to kick ass, and it needs to be kicked NOW. ~veekie

Generic_PC

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #162 on: July 20, 2009, 04:14:37 PM »
Guy smiles, stretching out, then fumbling around for his bag. He grabs it, then walks into the washroom to change his clothes and shower, clean and happy when he leaves about 5 minutes later. "All yours, Ana. I'll be waiting with the Major, I think." His stick taps off walls and the floor, as he wanders out into the hall.
Witty sayings? Nah, not right now. Currently playing Dwarf Fortress and League of Legends. I really recommend League of Legends.

Shewolf

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
« Reply #163 on: July 20, 2009, 05:34:24 PM »
Ana gets up from her kneeling position, having just finished her morning dedications to Xipe-Totec.  From the complete lack of rustling sounds, Guy may have inferred that she had preformed this ritual au-natural.  She wipes the blood from her obsidian knife.  The ritual leaves the coppery scent of blood in the air, though she was careful not to get any on the floor.  I suppose I shouldn't offer a hand getting downstairs?  She smirks and pads softly to the bathroom, to take a quick shower.  I'll meet you all downstairs.

Vinom

• Hong Kong
  • Rejoice, Bad things are about to happen!
    • Email
« Reply #164 on: July 20, 2009, 05:56:48 PM »
she had preformed this ritual au-natural
(How high of a notice would I have to roll in order to see through walls?)

Kevin drys himself off quickly... putting on the chain with the little lightning amulet, and a clean set of clothes. He walks out of the bathroom... He checks over his stuff, he doesn't want anything to be missing when he needs it...
A player once asked me if there was any way to make a Tarrasque more evil... 3 sessions later he was stoned with D20s as the PC led an exidus out of the path of a Dire Tarrasque of Legendary Wonder.

Quote from:  Sarda the Sage
You're a quick thinker and spiteful, I can respect that. You won't be killed, Bikke

Never trust a smiling laughing chuckling grinning emotionless drunk, you know what Never Trust a DM!

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature

Pulling off Pun-pun in 26 rounds

N00bs, because all gamers have to start somewhere

"Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from Science!"

Remember, Mobs are at least as stupid as their dumbest member.

Irthos Levethix

• Donkey Kong
  • We're all a little mad here
    • Email
« Reply #165 on: July 21, 2009, 07:57:06 PM »
After going about his morning routine and getting dressed, Davis spends about half an hour cleaning and maintaining his firearms.  Once finished, he puts on a fresh dark jacket and heads down to investigate the breakfast.
Run, my pretty little chunks of XP!! - Belkar Bitterleaf

92% Tactician 83% Method Actor 75% Min/Maxer         Thats 250% of Gamer, bitches!

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #166 on: July 21, 2009, 08:42:55 PM »
"So I'm going to the lake today, Uncle?"
It always seems like the barrels around here have something in them.

Vinom

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #167 on: July 21, 2009, 09:06:26 PM »
Kevin is eating eggs and syrup, bacon and syrup, and coffie...
A player once asked me if there was any way to make a Tarrasque more evil... 3 sessions later he was stoned with D20s as the PC led an exidus out of the path of a Dire Tarrasque of Legendary Wonder.

You're a quick thinker and spiteful, I can respect that. You won't be killed, Bikke

Never trust a smiling laughing chuckling grinning emotionless drunk, you know what Never Trust a DM!

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature

Shewolf

« Reply #168 on: July 22, 2009, 11:25:13 PM »
I think we should head to the morgue and take a look at these bodies, see if I can find anything out about how they died.  I, personally, would rather not send you up against a danger we know nothing about.  Starting on her breakfast, she takes a tentative bite out of a piece of bacon.  Gods!  This is amazing!  What is this called?

Vinom

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #169 on: July 22, 2009, 11:52:25 PM »
"Thats bacon, the second fattest part of a pig humans still eat" Kevin says casually, wrapping his syrup covered sausage in syrup covered bacon.

Generic_PC

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #170 on: July 23, 2009, 12:52:32 AM »
Guy smiles. "I'm sure we'll be able to find you more after we leave." Guy doesn't eat much, as neither the bacon nor the sausages appeal to him, and nothing else is very meaty. He does try a banana. "I wonder when I stopped liking fruit. I remember that I used to like it, but now, I don't." He shrugs, then stretches again. "Hmm. Does anyone have Ideas of what to do after the morgue? I'm sure the bodies will give us a hint, but..."

Vinom

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #171 on: July 23, 2009, 02:00:55 AM »
"I figure the best thing to do is to find a local willing to tell old legends to tourists... try and get some historical conotation" He eats his meaty syrupy, thingy... "Course that's just my opinion"

Generic_PC

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #172 on: July 23, 2009, 02:05:44 AM »
"Ugh. Reminds me of my father. Anyway, I don't think we need to be looking for legends. If I'm assuming correctly, these Selkie have been here for a long time, so the legends will probably only highlight that." He sits, assuming a thoughtful face that looks absolutely rediculous. "Actually, it might be a good idea, but we should investigate other leads beforehand."

[spoiler]
By the way, my borderline OCD forces me to point out the fact that connotation is spelt with 3 'n's, not 2.

Vinom

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #173 on: July 23, 2009, 02:12:58 AM »
[spoiler]By the way, I'm far across the border of Dyslexia and thats from This-is-my-third-languid-astan[spoiler]

Generic_PC

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #174 on: July 23, 2009, 03:02:19 AM »
[spoiler]
Eh, I find languages easy. Growing up in French Canada as an English speaking Family from Luxembourg (with german relatives) meant I spoke French to my friends, English to my parents, and German to my cousins and aunts and uncles and things. (Sadly, despite being born in Luxembourg, I know almost no Luxembourgish, but I'd love to learn If I can ever get back there.) I just assume everyone else knows how to spell like me.  :p[/spoiler]

"Oh, Ana, I was wondering why you smelt of blood this morning. I couldn't help but noticing, and wondered why, since you weren't making too much noise. Did you cut yourself?"

Vinom

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #175 on: July 23, 2009, 03:13:30 AM »
[spoiler]I'm good with languages, just bad with spellings.[/spoiler]
Kevin looks over Ana... something he doesn't mind doing in the slightest, checking for cuts...

Shewolf

« Reply #176 on: July 23, 2009, 07:30:23 AM »
Ana gulps down a mouthful of bacon while nodding.  Morning dedications.  An offering to the Gods to thank them for this day.  It's not a problem, is it?  I mean, I can preform my dedications somewhere else...  She glanced around at everyone at the table, trying to gauge their reactions.  She was beginning to feel like she'd never get the hang of what was or was not acceptable in human culture.[spoiler]There seem to be many small nicks and cuts along her forearms, however, most are not new, and they have been visible since you met her.[/spoiler][spoiler]I don't know why, but lately I've been on this proper spelling and punctuation kick.  I tend to make the same spelling mistakes over and over so spellcheck is my friend.[/spoiler]

Generic_PC

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #177 on: July 23, 2009, 08:30:57 AM »
Guy smiles. "No, no, no problem at all, but I find blood distracting. It's part of the package."

AfterCrescent

• Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #178 on: July 23, 2009, 05:52:28 PM »
The hotel is rather small, so it only fits that the dining hall isn't much larger than one would find in a home, and the hotel staff has managed to cram four tables into the room, allowing just enough walking room between the chairs when someone is sitting in them, assuming their not larger than average.

Thankfully, though, there is only one elderly (likely late 50's) couple at one of the tables when the group gathers around, and they seemed content to eat their breakfast in silence.  That is, until the talk of blood reached their ears.  Guy catches the barest groaning sound of someone disgusted with the conversation at the table.  The others notice the occasional furtive glance toward their table, but the couple seems unwilling to say anything about it. Rather, they finish their meal a bit quickly and retreat from the room.

A few moments later, a server comes by and begins cleaning the tables not being used at the moment, humming softly to himself as he wipes the tables down with a wet cloth.
The cake is a lie.
Need to play table top? Get your game on at:
Brilliant Gameologists' PbP Forum. Do it, you know you want to.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook
The 13th Guard - An alternate history campaign idea.
Clerics just wake up one morning and decide they need to kick ass, and it needs to be kicked NOW. ~veekie

Vinom

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #179 on: July 23, 2009, 05:58:51 PM »
Kevin looks at his plate a bit, trying something he thinks he should be able to do... trying to detect if eather of the elderly couple have a pace maker or automatic defibulator in their chest....