Author Topic: Adventure 1 - New Recruits  (Read 23956 times)

Irthos Levethix

• Donkey Kong
  • We're all a little mad here
    • Email
Re: Adventure 1 - New Recruits
« Reply #120 on: July 11, 2009, 02:09:24 AM »
[spoiler] Okay, I want to make a notice roll right now to to very quickly scan over the entire immediate area. Locked doors, doors with Authorized Personnel only, Cameras, Where the signs that are visible are leading, all that.  Also, as I complete my turn around, I'm going to check over the guys in front of us for visible nametags//keycards they may be carrying clipped or otherwise to their person. Oh, and guns/weapons on them, too.

Notice Roll (1d6=6, 1d6=3)Raise (1d6=5) = 11.  Nice.

Questions about the deaths... hmm..  Where there any discrepancies between the reports.  What was the CoD from the autopsy?  Any injuries on those bodies?  Common traits, perhaps, between the vics... but I doubt it.  Just stuff.  I dunno man, I rolled a 17, what'd Davis find?  :p [/spoiler]

"Absolutely, sir.  Kev, Reenie, stay close now.  This nice man here says he's got a surprise for us!"  Flashing a good 'ole boy smile, he ushered the kids around and towards the office, following the official.  If someone noticed, they'd see his jaw slightly clinching as he held his smile on the way in.
Run, my pretty little chunks of XP!! - Belkar Bitterleaf

92% Tactician 83% Method Actor 75% Min/Maxer         Thats 250% of Gamer, bitches!

Vinom

• Hong Kong
  • Rejoice, Bad things are about to happen!
    • Email
« Reply #121 on: July 11, 2009, 02:37:15 AM »
"Candy, puppy, ice cream, kitty, sandwich, pony, chocolate, dolphin, yo-yo, trained monkey, coke, shillelaghs, four leaf clovers, leprechauns?" Kevin says in an exited, over eager voice.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2009, 02:50:02 AM by Vinom »
A player once asked me if there was any way to make a Tarrasque more evil... 3 sessions later he was stoned with D20s as the PC led an exidus out of the path of a Dire Tarrasque of Legendary Wonder.

Quote from:  Sarda the Sage
You're a quick thinker and spiteful, I can respect that. You won't be killed, Bikke

Never trust a smiling laughing chuckling grinning emotionless drunk, you know what Never Trust a DM!

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature

Pulling off Pun-pun in 26 rounds

N00bs, because all gamers have to start somewhere

"Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from Science!"

Remember, Mobs are at least as stupid as their dumbest member.

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #122 on: July 11, 2009, 02:45:30 PM »
She was a bit confused when the men came, but then Davis said words that made her smile.
"A surprise? Really?" she said excitedly. "Did we win something?"
It always seems like the barrels around here have something in them.

AfterCrescent

• Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #123 on: July 11, 2009, 09:29:06 PM »
Ana and Guy drift away from the hallway that leads towards the baggage claim and into a small, side Cinnabon restaurant.  It's  mid-evening, and the shop looks to be closing up.  There are only four small tables in the shop, and they all have their chairs turned upside down on them.  The squishing sound of mopping is accompanied by the low mumbling of someone counting. Seventeen... Eighteen...  The mopping stops as the clerk cleaning the floor sees the two enter the shop.  She looks to be in her late teens and greets the couple. Welcome to Cinnabon, we're about to close... She says, almost about to usher the two out the shop when the man at the register interrupts her.

Yes, we are. However, we still have a few things left from the last batch we baked, about half an hour ago. If you're interested, He adds to his barely-false smile. Only the slightest hint in his tone reveals that he's not genuinely thrilled about customers at this hour.  From sound and presentation, he is a good salesman, likely at least an assistant manager.

Kevin:[spoiler]No, not stressed or nervous. If anything, slightly cautious, but he seems to feel like has control of the situation.[/spoiler]
Davis:[spoiler]Locked doors? In the immediate vicinity of customs, there are 5 doors that look like they are for authorized personnel.  Two to the right and two to the left of the desks. Behind the desks, once you past customs there's the fifth door. Only that one says "Authorized Personnel," though.  One on the right and left says "Private" and the others are unmarked.  Davis can easily see 2d6=4 of those black spherical cameras from where he is that seem to cover most of customs.  Signs behind and to the left of customs lead to food, bathroom, baggage claim, and exits. Signs to the right lead to another terminal, restrooms, and a private airline club. Back the way you came are gates, bathrooms, food, and duty-free shops.  The security guards both have tags: J. Fillson and T. Hooker. The customs official's name tag is a first name only "Samson." The guards have what look like pistols on their right hips and tasers on their left. Samson is unarmed.

Okay, that should cover your notice. :P

They were two separate cases, so yes, there were discrepancies, as expected. It doesn't seem they're tied in together except by CoD, which is drowning in both cases. The captain had blunt force trauma to the head that was premortem, hence the investigation of the crew still. The baker had bruises on his arms, but those were post mortem, so likely from rocks or the pier. The victims were both male, but that's about all they had in common. One was late 40's, one early 30's. Both Irish, which I guess counts. One dark haired, one red headed. One native to the area, one not. If you have another question later that could be revealed by the report, you've already rolled, so ask and I'll let you know if the report answers it.[/spoiler]

The official smiles as Davis complies eagerly and turns on his heels and begins to march toward the two doors on the right.  As they come to the unmarked door, he pulls out a keycard and swipes it through a slot next to the door. A light flashes green twice and the lock audibly disengages.  He turns the knob and addresses Davis, If your children will wait in here, Mr. Davis, I'd like to ask you a few questions in my office, first.
Sorry kids, I'll be just a moment. Help yourselves to the snacks.  She smiles and closes the door once more.

The office is maybe a full ten feet wide, but Davis doubts it.  There's a set of lockers on the left wall, presumably for the different head customs officials and two desks with chairs, both of which have computers covering about half of the desk and papers covering the other half.  Indicating one of the chairs, Samson turns to Major Davis, Please have a seat.  So what brings you to Ireland, Mr... Davis? He asks as he checks the passport once more.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 04:38:02 AM by AfterCrescent »
The cake is a lie.
Need to play table top? Get your game on at:
Brilliant Gameologists' PbP Forum. Do it, you know you want to.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook
The 13th Guard - An alternate history campaign idea.
Clerics just wake up one morning and decide they need to kick ass, and it needs to be kicked NOW. ~veekie

Vinom

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #124 on: July 11, 2009, 09:36:02 PM »
Kevin smiles.... and he picks a sandwich out and begins to munch with them...
« Last Edit: July 11, 2009, 11:38:47 PM by Vinom »
A player once asked me if there was any way to make a Tarrasque more evil... 3 sessions later he was stoned with D20s as the PC led an exidus out of the path of a Dire Tarrasque of Legendary Wonder.

You're a quick thinker and spiteful, I can respect that. You won't be killed, Bikke

Never trust a smiling laughing chuckling grinning emotionless drunk, you know what Never Trust a DM!

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature

Irthos Levethix

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #125 on: July 11, 2009, 09:47:24 PM »
Taking a seat, the Major crossed one leg over the other, getting comfortable as he waited to see how long this... Samson was going to take to cut to the chase. "Major, Davis. Spring break.  I've always been a fan of Ireland's lore, and the kids of course will go anywhere that remotely sounds like adventure.  I've heard you have some lovely lakes around, but it might be a bit too cold for a swim."  Dropping the faux smile, he regarded the suit in front of him with a look of almost disdainful boredom.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2009, 09:54:45 PM by Irthos Levethix »

92% Tactician 83% Method Actor 75% Min/Maxer         Thats 250% of Gamer, bitches!

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #126 on: July 11, 2009, 10:29:07 PM »
"I wonder what Uncle Davis and that man are talking about? Uncle didn't do anything wrong."

Vinom

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #127 on: July 11, 2009, 11:43:50 PM »
"Bah, there probably making him sign something that says we don't get to keep any of the leprechauns we'll catch... I hear leprechauns pouching is a serious consern... Although I don't see why they think that Uncle is part of the international Leprechaun smuggling ring, He's not an Atlantian Vampire... I think..." Kevin say, aimlessly making nonsense, as he walked around, and examined the current flow of the room they were in, looking for any listening device, or other consiled electronic device...
« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 05:22:05 PM by Vinom »

AfterCrescent

• Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #128 on: July 12, 2009, 11:08:58 PM »
Samson raises an eyebrow at Davis' introduction. Major, eh?  So you're U.S. Military? That makes a bit more sense now... He breaks eye contact as a concentrated look crosses his face for a few seconds.  Shaking his head clear, he reconnects eye contact with Davis before continuing.  Are you staying in Dublin or do you have a connecting flight?  I would hate to keep you longer than necessary, but as I'm sure you are aware, both your 'niece' and 'nephew', he continues, actually making air quotes with his hands around the words, Are registered meta-humans.  So while I'm sure our tourism department would enjoy a few more visitors, what with the current economy and all, I'll ask again, what brings you to Ireland, Major Davis?

After a moment, the side-door to the room opens and the twenty-something Irish women enters the room with what looks to be a UPS-bar-code scanner hooked to her belt.  Hi kids, my name's Sally. What're your names?  She smiles genuinely and moves towards the snack table.  Grabbing a diet soda, she pours it into an empty cup and walks to the table in the center of the room.  Sitting down, she motions towards the other chairs.  Would you two like to sit down?
The cake is a lie.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook
Clerics just wake up one morning and decide they need to kick ass, and it needs to be kicked NOW. ~veekie

Irthos Levethix

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #129 on: July 12, 2009, 11:18:48 PM »
"We'll be boarding a flight to Derry.  You may have heard about the recent drownings up there?  My beneficiaries would like to know what really happened, as there is a local Roan club inhabits the area, and a drowning hasn't happened since they took up residence.  We're here to find out why.  Hopefully we'll be out of your fine country inside a week, barring complications." The Major placed a bit of emphasis on the word "complications", although what he seemed to be implying was unclear.

AfterCrescent

• Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #130 on: July 12, 2009, 11:24:56 PM »
Samson's eyebrows raise, almost in confusion, at the mention of a Roan club.  Beneficiaries? Who are your beneficiaries?  I'll level with you, I have no qualms with you or your 'family,' he continues to use the air quotes. But I am obligated to document their entry into Ireland.  And while I haven't heard about any drownings, Derry's a bit North and small for me to pay attention to, so I won't automatically disregard that as your intended final destination.
The cake is a lie.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook

Irthos Levethix

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #131 on: July 12, 2009, 11:26:22 PM »
The major says nothing, merely pulls out his ID as a PP&J employee and hands it to the official.  Now we'll see how good a forgery it is.

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #132 on: July 12, 2009, 11:30:28 PM »
She sits down at the table.

AfterCrescent

• Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #133 on: July 12, 2009, 11:34:00 PM »
Huh? Samson says as he takes the ID card from Davis.  Parkham, Parkham, and Johnson? Really?  He turns the ID over and examines the back, trying to give the appearance that he's scanning it to make sure it's not a fake.  So the big P.I. firm is involved with something in Derry?  He pauses in thought for a moment. Well I won't hold you any longer than, Major. He says, handing the card back to Davis.  He stands up and extends his hand to Davis, Thank you for your time, and sorry for any inconvenience.

No, I don't suppose you would.  Did you enjoy the flight?
The cake is a lie.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #134 on: July 12, 2009, 11:47:03 PM »
"The flight took a while. And we're supposed to catch another one north to a place called 'Dairy'. I think they must have cows there." she said, smiling.

Irthos Levethix

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #135 on: July 12, 2009, 11:51:01 PM »
Shaking the man's hand, he replied "Absolutely, sir.  I would have thought your security a bit lax if we hadn't been accosted coming through customs."  With that, the Major stands up and waits for the official to lead him back to the airport, obviously not trying to worry the guards stationed outside.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 12:36:50 AM by Irthos Levethix »

Vinom

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #136 on: July 13, 2009, 12:02:24 AM »
"It's not Dairy... Darey,  I hope they don't find you to much of a wimp to let you in..."

AfterCrescent

• Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #137 on: July 13, 2009, 12:15:26 AM »
Sally chuckles slightly. Well I wouldn't want to make you miss your flight, she smiles.  Do you have your registration card with you? She asks as she pulls the UPS-scanner off her belt and sets it on the table.  Turning to Kevin, she asks, And what about you? What's your name?

Samson opens the door for Davis and steps out of the way, so he may pass. Enjoy your stay in Ireland. Try not to get in any trouble, he encourages.
The cake is a lie.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook

Vinom

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #138 on: July 13, 2009, 12:19:31 AM »
"Me, I'm Jimmy.... this is Kevin and Charlie is here..." He says without arm gestures, then goes and gets himself a glass of coke...

AfterCrescent

• Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #139 on: July 13, 2009, 12:31:04 AM »
Sally raises an eyebrow at Kevin's introduction, but shakes it off after a couple seconds. 
The cake is a lie.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook