Author Topic: Advice  (Read 2345 times)

Mushroom

• Curious George
    • Email
Advice
« on: July 01, 2009, 05:54:15 AM »
I'm in a gestalt game with every base covered. I've gotten permission from our DM to use the divine minion template(can probably get it for free) and I can't decide which to enter with. With MOMF I would be getting some of the abilities of my forms, while shifter would be getting none of them. However, being able to shift into damn near everything is awesome. I could get into momf right off the bat, while I would have to wait till 6 for Shifter. If it helps any, I'm considering taking a TOB(either crusader or warblade) on the other end.

Mind helping me?

AfterCrescent

• Honorary Moderator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Here After
Re: Advice
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2009, 12:28:59 PM »
Both? MoMF for the first 6 and then get shifter? If they're both 10 level PrC and you're already in broken-land, why not take both? If Shifter is less than 10, finish off with Warshaper?
The cake is a lie.
Need to play table top? Get your game on at:
Brilliant Gameologists' PbP Forum. Do it, you know you want to.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook
The 13th Guard - An alternate history campaign idea.
Clerics just wake up one morning and decide they need to kick ass, and it needs to be kicked NOW. ~veekie

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2009, 03:13:08 PM »
Yeah, and take those on your ToB side, just go full Druid on the other, assuming you're not just using Divine Minion to enter those PrCs.

If it's pure melee ability you want, I'd go with the next post ;)
« Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 03:24:19 PM by BowenSilverclaw »
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

Generic_PC

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2009, 03:20:05 PM »
Nah, If you take MoMF, take it to level 7, because then you get the assume Supernatural (or spell Like? Extraordinary, maybe) ability, which is the biggest part of the class.

I'd go Warblade 20/Divine Minion (I thought there was LA...)/MoMF 7/Shifter 10/Warshaper 3

Warshaper 4 into epic, followed by epic shifter.
Witty sayings? Nah, not right now. Currently playing Dwarf Fortress and League of Legends. I really recommend League of Legends.

Ithamar

• Hong Kong
  • PM me if you're interested in some Arena action!
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2009, 03:43:44 PM »
Or take only 2 levels of Warshaper and grab a level or 2 of Nature's Warrior.  Or Fist of the Forest of course.
Are you worthy of Ascension?
Always accepting gladiators!  Now with a new and improved rule set!

Mushroom

• Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2009, 09:30:16 PM »
Yeah, and take those on your ToB side, just go full Druid on the other, assuming you're not just using Divine Minion to enter those PrCs.

If it's pure melee ability you want, I'd go with the next post ;)
We already have a druid :)and yes, it is pure melee ability I want.

Nah, If you take MoMF, take it to level 7, because then you get the assume Supernatural (or spell Like? Extraordinary, maybe) ability, which is the biggest part of the class.

I'd go Warblade 20/Divine Minion (I thought there was LA...)/MoMF 7/Shifter 10/Warshaper 3

Warshaper 4 into epic, followed by epic shifter.
The LA may be free, or I can just buy it off. I don't think taht build can work, you have to be able to cast 3rd level spells to get into shifter.

Generic_PC

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2009, 09:40:25 PM »
Technically, MoMF is the 3.5 version of Shifter anyway. If you want no spellcasting at all, go

Warblade 20//MoMF 10/Warshaper 4/Bloodstorm Blade 4/Natures Warrior 2

Bloodstorm Blade lets you throw melee weapons, so technically, claws and bites in a 60' line.

If the chafes of cheese, MoMF 10/Warshaper 4/Natures Warrior 5/ANYTHING 1 works too. Try to get your DM to extend MoMF, so you get more wildshaping.
Witty sayings? Nah, not right now. Currently playing Dwarf Fortress and League of Legends. I really recommend League of Legends.

Mushroom

• Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2009, 09:57:31 PM »
Technically, MoMF is the 3.5 version of Shifter anyway. If you want no spellcasting at all, go

Bloodstorm Blade lets you throw melee weapons, so technically, claws and bites in a 60' line.

If the chafes of cheese, MoMF 10/Warshaper 4/Natures Warrior 5/ANYTHING 1 works too. Try to get your DM to extend MoMF, so you get more wildshaping.
Due to the divine minion template combined with 10 levels of momf, I got at least 14 uses per day.

That first build looks pretty cool and I've contemplated on the second one myself.

Generic_PC

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2009, 10:13:50 PM »
Natures Warrior puts that up to 19 uses, I believe. Might as well make it an even 20.

Amadi

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2009, 08:26:31 PM »

Due to the divine minion template combined with 10 levels of momf, I got at least 14 uses per day.

Divine Minion changes shape at will, no limit IIRC. The wildshape-uses are best left fueling some wild feat, like the one that allows you to pounce.