Author Topic: Arsenic & Old Lace - the Poison Handbook  (Read 230646 times)

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
Re: Arsenic & Old Lace - the Poison Handbook
« Reply #140 on: May 11, 2011, 03:17:59 AM »
thanx I am glad i found this.. I am making a list for D n D of posions... and will post on en world via a link to 4shared .com that way no problem and you can download the compiled list complete without all the searching..

Great.  If you want, I'll send you a list of kalamar stuff as well, if you give me the format.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

The_Laughing_Man

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
Re: Poisons: listed by highest initial dmg, etc
« Reply #141 on: July 03, 2011, 05:35:15 PM »
DC 22: Eyeblast (Blindness) (C. Adv?)

Eyeblast is from the Book of Vile Darkness p.44. (Injury DC 22 Blindness, Craft DC 23)
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 05:38:46 PM by The_Laughing_Man »

Maat_Mons

• Hong Kong
  • What is a smile but a grimace of happiness?
« Reply #142 on: September 10, 2011, 12:50:54 AM »
What is in Dragon 301, Pg. 58?

An article on various alchemical items.  The ones you would be interested in are in the "Poisons and Malefics" section.  

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 01:34:33 AM by Maat_Mons »

nijineko

• King Kong
  • two strange quarks short of a graviton...
« Reply #143 on: October 14, 2011, 02:57:38 PM »
was the poisonmaster prestige added to this handbook?

it allows you to apply metaposion effects (extend, empower, maximize, twin, quicken), gain posion secrets (change application method, contact to inhalant, anyone?), gain dr/-, become immune to all posions....

plus it is 100% official wotc material.

from the same source is a feat that grants immune to massive damage, and a psionic power that does 2d6 twice to the ability score of choice... among other goodies.
arukibito ga michi wo erabu no ka, michi ga arukibito wo erabu no deshou ka?
Never game alone again!
KadoKado! Game for gifts!
The Ultimate Dice Rolling Engine

Tr011

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
  • preparing arcane spellcaster
    • Email
« Reply #144 on: October 14, 2011, 03:28:02 PM »
plus it is 100% official wotc material.
How come it's not listed in the 100% official wotc prestige class index? What source is it?

/edit: found it. But I assume it's not only me who will ask how this is official wotc material, at least my DM would ask, too. Got anything on that?

nijineko

• King Kong
« Reply #145 on: October 14, 2011, 04:39:48 PM »
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 04:41:29 PM by nijineko »
Never game alone again!

Akalsaris

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #146 on: October 14, 2011, 06:22:37 PM »
Poisonmaster isn't listed because I had never heard of athas.org before :P  I'll add the PrC to the list. I'm a little dubious about the Poisonmaster, since it kind of falls into the trap of 'All I can do is poisons' - I really wish it had a way to remove immunity to poisons with all of its heavy focus on them. But there's no denying that the class can certainly use poisons effectively :P

On another note, I'm starting a new character in a few days - this one is an elven rogue/wiz/unseen seer. It should be interesting to see how effectively I can use poisons on the character...sadly, the campaign is undead-heavy and the character isn't really built for melee combat, so I don't have any great expectations.

InnaBinder

• Grape ape
  • OnnaTable
    • Okay - - Your Turn: Monte Cook's Message Board
« Reply #147 on: October 14, 2011, 06:47:55 PM »
Poisonmaster isn't listed because I had never heard of athas.org before :P  I'll add the PrC to the list. I'm a little dubious about the Poisonmaster, since it kind of falls into the trap of 'All I can do is poisons' - I really wish it had a way to remove immunity to poisons with all of its heavy focus on them. But there's no denying that the class can certainly use poisons effectively :P

On another note, I'm starting a new character in a few days - this one is an elven rogue/wiz/unseen seer. It should be interesting to see how effectively I can use poisons on the character...sadly, the campaign is undead-heavy and the character isn't really built for melee combat, so I don't have any great expectations.
[derail] Welcome back to the interwebz, Akal.  I was beginning to think you got a life or something.   :p[/derail]
Winning an argument on the internet is like winning in the Special Olympics.  You won, but you're still retarded.

I made a Handbook!?

nijineko

• King Kong
« Reply #148 on: October 14, 2011, 06:49:03 PM »
positive energy based poison fo undead?

while you are at it, there are official 3.x sites for planescape, spelljammer, birthright, mystara, and ravenloft too. very likely to have poisons. ^^ and thank you for excellent resources.

was that a poison specific list, or a prestige general list? if the latter, then there is a bunch of prestiges to add.
Never game alone again!

DawnbringerSO

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #149 on: October 18, 2011, 11:43:43 AM »
What is in Dragon 301, Pg. 58?

An article on various alchemical items.  The ones you would be interested in are in the "Poisons and Malefics" section.  

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Wow, that is sooooo awesome, thanks for that.

Akalsaris

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #150 on: October 20, 2011, 06:25:13 PM »
Thanks the welcome back, InnaBinder. I've been working 2 jobs these past few months (and before that it was the last month of grad school), so I've spent more time lurking than posting.

The prestige class list is poison-specific, though I made some exceptions for classes that get an animal companion with good poisons.

Sadly, the game I'll be in has banned fabricate and minor/major creation (Iron Kingdoms-specific rules), and since it's L15, the worthwhile poisons are probably out of my limited budget, though I picked up poison immunity so I can use any that the party comes across =)

I have a few hours' free time today, so I'll add some page numbers for poisons and add that Dragon article into the poisons section. If I'm feeling extra frisky, maybe I'll check Birthright.org for any poisons there

nijineko

• King Kong
« Reply #151 on: October 21, 2011, 04:09:55 AM »
=D
Never game alone again!