Author Topic: Warlock Information Compilation  (Read 163605 times)

Lobo6717

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
Re: Warlock Information Compilation
« Reply #200 on: February 15, 2011, 03:50:20 PM »
I'm not keen on a melee combatant built on the warlock's d6, so fighter has to be the majority of the classes, which means about Warlock-3 for 2d6 plus Practiced Spellcaster for another 2d6 when you can get to it. 

Does Practiced Spellcaster increase your level for purposes of determining how much damage your EB does??

CantripN

• Hong Kong
  • Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating
    • Cantrip, Gestalt Gish
« Reply #201 on: February 15, 2011, 04:17:47 PM »
I'm not keen on a melee combatant built on the warlock's d6, so fighter has to be the majority of the classes, which means about Warlock-3 for 2d6 plus Practiced Spellcaster for another 2d6 when you can get to it. 

Does Practiced Spellcaster increase your level for purposes of determining how much damage your EB does??

RAW, no. Quite a few DMs allow it, however.
Read, every day, something no one else is reading. Think, every day, something no one else is thinking. Do, every day, something no one else would be silly enough to do. It is bad for the mind to be always part of unanimity.

Tenebrus

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
    • Email
« Reply #202 on: February 15, 2011, 04:45:57 PM »
My understanding is that the creator of the class approves of that use for Practiced Spellcaster, if that helps any argument with the DM.

Lobo6717

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #203 on: February 16, 2011, 04:14:02 PM »
Yeah.. my DM is a bit hard-headed..  Oh.. guess that's stating the obvious.

Do you happen to know where that was mentioned?

wotmaniac

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Emperor's Enforcer
« Reply #204 on: February 16, 2011, 05:09:19 PM »
Yeah.. my DM is a bit hard-headed..  Oh.. guess that's stating the obvious.

Do you happen to know where that was mentioned?
Here you go.  it's the 4th question down.

[spoiler]
If you stop ignoring 289 pages telling what the intent is to stretch "more power" in your own god complexion of your interpretation trumps all to cover ability adjustments from aging then I will ignore a quarter page of rules that exist within a sidebar.
I think in this case the grammar is less important than whether the Str and Dex bonus provided to your created undead scales.

Greenbound Summoning RAI
Expanded Gestalt
More Savage Progressions[/spoiler]
Report any wrongs I have done here.

oni5115

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #205 on: March 06, 2011, 04:37:22 PM »
The Eldritch TheUr-Lock by NatchFeral

Variant: Warlock 8/Ur-Priest 2/Eldritch Disciple 8/Chameleon 2
 Abilities:
 Invocations as Warlock 16 (1 Dark Invocation)
 Cleric Spells as Ur-Priest 10 (9th level cleric spells)
 Rebuke Undead
 BAB +14

Shouldn't that be Cleric Spells as Ur-Priest 9 (8th level spells; 9th if you have 28+ wisdom); Since ED loses 1 cleric CL at level 1 to make it 2 +7 = 9.  Or am I missing something?

stranglebat

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #206 on: March 07, 2011, 10:20:29 PM »
Your right

Widow

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #207 on: March 20, 2011, 01:04:20 PM »
In dragon magazine 353 there is the PrC Thrall of Malcanthet.  It has no spell casting requirements but progresses spell casting 7/10.  Still a little pricy for entry with diplomacy 9, bluff 9, two perform skills 5 and three feats, but a very interesting class.

It grants:
Charm Monster 1/day
Dominate 1/day
Bonus to social checks
Telepathy through sight
3d6 sneak attack
1 hour per day you get all the stat mods (on top of what you already have) of a succubus and most of their powers
+4 unlisted bonus to Cha (in addition to succubus transformation)

Something like Bard 1/Warlock 5/Thrall 10

On a side note, I know this thread is old and it has probably been mentioned but Versatille spellcaster is also a trick to get higher level spells (in addition to sanctum spell and Precocious Apprentice tricks listed).

oni5115

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #208 on: May 15, 2011, 09:53:04 AM »
I'm playing a build similar to the The Eldritch TheUr-Lock; Though I will end up with with some Hellfire Warlock levels and Binder thrown in (Warlock 5 / Binder 1 / Ur-Priest 2 / Eldritch Disciple 9 / Hellfire Warlock 3).  Does the Warlock, Hellfire Warlock, and/or Binder level count towards the Ur-Priest's CL?

spellcasting classes

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Thread Necromancy a Specialty
« Reply #209 on: May 19, 2011, 01:24:16 AM »
An interesting question to mull over; do warlocks qualify for Vecna-Blooded?
[spoiler]Fighter: "I can kill a guy in one turn."
Cleric: "I can kill a guy in half a turn."
Wizard: "I can kill a guy before my turn."
Bard: "I can get three idiots to kill guys for me."

On a strange note, would anyone be put out if we had a post about people or events we can spare a thought for, or if its within their creed, a prayer for? Just a random thought, but ... hells I wouldn't have known about either Archangels daughter or Saeomons niece if I didn't happen to be on these threads.
Sounds fine to me.
probably over on "Off-topic".
might want to put a little disclaimer in the first post.

This is the Min/Max board. We should be able to figure out a way to optimize the POWER OF PRAYER(TM) that doesn't involve "Pazuzu, Pazuzu, Pazuzu".
[/spoiler]

My final project for my film independent study course. It could do with a watching and critiquing

Chemus

• Donkey Kong
« Reply #210 on: May 28, 2011, 06:53:46 PM »
I'm playing a build similar to the The Eldritch TheUr-Lock; Though I will end up with with some Hellfire Warlock levels and Binder thrown in (Warlock 5 / Binder 1 / Ur-Priest 2 / Eldritch Disciple 9 / Hellfire Warlock 3).  Does the Warlock, Hellfire Warlock, and/or Binder level count towards the Ur-Priest's CL?

spellcasting classes

Since the warlock counts as an Arcane Spellcasting class (CArc, pg. Iforget...70?) it would follow that its caster level stacks. And since the HFW's levels add actual caster level, then it would too.
*waves hand* This is not the sig you're looking for...
The freely downloadable and searchable 3.5 SRD I prefer (Web)
Camlen, Enniwey

PlzBreakMyCampaign

• Hong Kong
  • Immune to Critical Hits as a Fairness Elemental
« Reply #211 on: October 15, 2011, 02:58:11 PM »
This is missing the Voice of Madness least invocation (DragMag332 44). It's not that great but is very funny.
[Spoiler]
An interesting read, nice to see a civil discussion
The point of Spell Resistance is to make it harder to get buffed.
And healed. Don't forget that.
Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.
[/Spoiler]

Old Geezer's Law of Hobby Taste: The more objectively inconsequential a hobby is, the more disagreements within the community will be expressed in outrageously insulting, overblown, and ludicrously emotionally laden terms.

More Funny than Humble[Spoiler]
Quote from: PlzBreakMyCampaign
Your a shifter... you have all you ever need.
It blows MoMF out of the water

But if your greedy for more [Wish] for something that only effects you, like another class level or two that doesn't count against your ECL.
Quote from: hungryhungryhippo987
Yes, I'm the 3.0 "Masters of the Wild" shifter, the awesome kind. My favorite form to take is Force Dragon. Yes, I am immortal ... My character is hands down the coolest guy in the campaign and there is nothing I could possibly want.
PBMC gets a cookie for DotA r

sirpercival

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #212 on: October 23, 2011, 12:04:07 AM »
I'm about to start an ECL 15 evil campaign, which will be going to epic levels, and I'm considering a build like the one a couple posts back:

Warlock 4/Binder 1/Ur-Priest 2/Eldritch Disciple 8 (-->ED +1/Hellfire Warlock 3/Mindbender 1)

Hopefully dedicating myself to Zargon will qualify me for both Ur-Priest and ED.

I have a few questions:
1) Is the mindbender dip worth it (for mindsight of course), or should I just grab another level of warlock?
2) If the mindbender dip is worth it, should it go at level 5 and push binder back to level 17 (since I don't need Naberius until I get HW)?
3) It seems like bloodline levels are to be just a straight level adjustment, with no buyoff.  Would it be worth it to delay my progression enough to get a bloodline for amping HW?  Note that I'll be able to perform the DCFS on myself to swap crappy bloodline feats for good feats.
4) Where do I go with this in epic levels??  Nar demonbinder and eldritch theurge?

EDIT: Also, I was thinking 8/10/14/10/18/14 for 32pb.  Thoughts?
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 10:00:01 AM by sirpercival »
Burn all the microfiche!  Firebomb all the 8-tracks!

I'm not just a druid -- I'm a singing, dancing, Broadway druid.

[spoiler]
Quote from: PhaedrusXY
"You... saved me? So I was dismantled? I... thank you, then. I will not incinerate you."

There's only one character concept worth having, and that's the one you've thrown darts at.
[/spoiler]