Author Topic: Ascetic Rogue build for fun  (Read 1611 times)

Absolon

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
Ascetic Rogue build for fun
« on: June 23, 2009, 02:03:42 PM »
I was wondering of what would be thought of the viability of this build:

Human Rogue1/Monk11/Swashbuckler3/Nightsong Enforcer5

What I was wanting to do was build a character that can basically do a rogue's essential job of disarming traps and being a skillmonkey, whilst taking advantage of a Monk's saves, Flurry of Blows, Stunning Fist, etc.  The Sneak Attack damage die get to a respectable level (8d6 by the end, 6d6 by level 11), you get +int to damage from Swashbuckler (it's precision) as well as Weapon Finesse for free, and Swashbuckler and Nightsong Enforcer get you 16 BAB at level 20.

For feats, the essentials are Ascetic Rogue, Improved Initiative (prereq), and Carmendine Monk for the Int synergy.  For the rest of it, maybe take Able Learner, Superior Unarmed Strike and Improved Natural attack with a monk's belt for high unarmed damage (this can be waived with Greater Might Wallop, I know).  Your most important stats Int=Dex>Con, and you should have plenty of skill points to use, and all saves should be at least pretty good.  Whatcha think?

ninjarabbit

• Hong Kong
    • Email
Re: Ascetic Rogue build for fun
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2009, 02:11:16 PM »
How about more swashbuckler? The daring outlaw feat stacks rogue and swashbuckler levels for sneak attack. I'd also take another level of rogue so you can trade one of your evasions for the ability to deflect certain targeted magic attacks (I can't remember the name but it's in Complete Mage).

rogue2/monk11/swashbuckler7 or rogue3/monk2/swashbuckler15

juton

• King Kong
  • Jack of all trades, master of nothing.
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2009, 03:08:24 PM »
Since you're already a halfling, you might want to look for the Halfling Monk substitution levels, you gain Skirmish damage as a scout. With Flurry + Sneak Attack you can do extra damage if you stay still, and with Skirmish you can do extra damage if you move, could be a winner.

Absolon

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2009, 03:15:22 PM »
Since you're already a halfling...

Um, I'm pretty sure I picked Human for the extra feat, skill points, and better unarmed damage.