Author Topic: [Old] [Game Thread] A Day in the City  (Read 9000 times)

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
Re: [Game Thread] A Day in the City
« Reply #60 on: September 03, 2009, 11:31:01 PM »
Magus moves through the gas station to a better position. "I will slow the progress of the flames. Break down the defenses and strike it when it's weakened." Advice given, he stops to chant, "I call the air, come down from the sky and blow forward!"

[spoiler]Moving to D2 (make your AoO)
If it matters: Casting Defensively (1d20+14=32)
Extended(Action Point: Emulate feat: Sudden Extend) Gust of Wind(yes, that is somehow a Warmage spell.) in a line straight down the "D" column, automatically extinguishing unprotected flames for 2 rounds.[/spoiler]
It always seems like the barrels around here have something in them.

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #61 on: September 04, 2009, 02:42:56 PM »
[spoiler]
Reflex Save (1d20+10=28)
Evasion = 0 damage
[/spoiler]

Nietzche, with lightning quick reflexes, backflipped out before the electric barrier responded to his attacks, leaving the potent lightning fizzling to no effect on empty air. Good thing hes fast.
Mira raised her staff again, the top extending in a puff of vented smoke, "Cartridge Load!"
The top retracted with a loud snap, exploding in a minature green sun, wreathing Mira and Lebendish in a halo of light.
"Kommen Vormund Aus Aussehen. Sech!"
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Six square magic formations erupt in green light, surrounding the Starspawn, as Mira's summoning took effect. Feral, growling beasts emerged from the light, swooping to surround the fell beast, diving as if to attack, but only feinting to cover for the real threat in their wolfpack combat style, Nietzche roaring as he plowed once more into the distracted Starspawn from below, this time not holding anything back from a full power impact. Teeth, claws and a pair of artfully smashing wingstrikes strikes through the barrier, risking electric injury for his mistress.

[spoiler]
Buffs: Enlarge Person 5/6 rounds left
Activate Trope: Nitro Boost
Activate Chronocharm of the Uncaring Archmage
Twinned Summon Nature's Ally III(2 3rd level druid slots) using the Boost
Summon Monster III (2d3=6) Hippogriffs
Augment Summoning gives them +2 Str/Con
E6, G5, H7, F8 on the same plane as it, unless I'm reading it wrong, that leaves it surrounded so that anyone attacking from the horizontal plane is going to have flanking.
F6 and G7 above it, providing flanking to Nietzche coming from below with a charge attack.
All Hippogiffs go for Aid Another to Nietzche.
Aid Another (1d20+7=25, 1d20+7=15, 1d20+7=26, 1d20+7=11, 1d20+7=24, 1d20+7=17)
All successful +12 to hit
Flanked adds another +2, Charge adds +2, +16 to hit *whistles*
Str +4, Size Huge(-2 to hit, 2 dice sizes up)
Power Attacking for 8 , +8 to hit remaining
2 Claws +23 melee(2d6+17 and poison) and Bite +21 (2d6+14) and tail +21 melee(2d6+14 and poison) and +22 rake(2d6+14) and Unarmed Strike +21/+16(1d8+13)
Claws (1d20+23=30, 2d6+17=23, 1d20+23=42, 2d6+17=22)
Bite & Tail (1d20+21=25, 2d6+14=26, 1d20+21=23, 2d6+14=19)
Rake (1d20+22=40, 2d6+14=20) Err, accidentally rolled twice. I'd say take the worst, except both rolls are the same lol
Unarmed Strikes (1d20+21=36, 1d8+13=20, 1d20+16=26, 1d8 + 13=19)
Trip + Grapple (1d20+15=26, 1d20+27=42)
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 02:44:34 PM by veekie »
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #62 on: September 13, 2009, 01:27:34 PM »
Bleeding heavily from the wounds in her side and coughing and sweating from the heat and smoke, Liliana nevertheless appears to be enjoying herself as she beholds her handiwork in destroying the protective runes. It looks like our magic suddenly got stronger. I'm not this fast normally. Well, I won't complain. "Valkyrie, want to see what happens when we use 'that'?" The right corner of her mouth tugs upwards ever so slightly to form the semblance of a smile as Valkyrie expels three used cartridges. Jawohl.
A blue Velkan triangle, identical to the one she is standing on, forms under one of Mira's air guardians. "Even if it's a superior foe, against a single opponent..." As she speaks, she leans forward and stretches one arm out in front of her. Suddenly, the air guardian is standing on Lili's triangle, and she herself is where the guardian was just a split second ago... and falling toward the starspawn, with her Armed Device pointed downwards. "...A Velkan Knight won't lose!"
Valkyrie easily pierces the yellow ward around the starspawn as well as the hide on its exposed back, as it is too busy grappling with Nietzche to concentrate on repelling the smaller nuisance. As the lance-like device sinks halfway into the monster's body, Valkyrie loads another two cartridges in quick succession - and immediately unloads them into the creature's body. The ensuing explosion of magical energy into its body is strong enough to make Lili prefer to not stay where she is, and she flies upwards to relative safety, both aided and somewhat hindered by the immense recoil of her attack.

[spoiler]
RAWR!

Start of turn: Take 1d6 fire damage from 5' wall of lava, and 2d6 from 15' wall of lava. Fire damage from Wall of Lava (3d6=6)

Free: Burn a turn attempt to activate Divine Strength. +7 to all damage rolls for the round.

Standard: Cast Benign Transposition on self and Hippogriff at G7 (which is 10 15 feet away from the Starspawn).

Move: Fall 5' down on Starspawn to activate Battle Jump. Thanks to reach, I'm safe from the veil.

Charge: Headlong Rush, full Power Attack. The works. No AoOs since it's pinned. :D Also: fuck the wards, I'm going for the head.
Charge Attack (Flanking, Full PA, x4 Damage) (1d20+15-4=31, 4d8+72 92=88 108) [miscalculated damage bonus - yay multipliers]
Oh dear.
Crit Confirm, Crit extra damage (1d20+15-4=19, 3d8+69=75) I'll go with an AP here, just in case.
Action Point Bonus (1d6=5)
Autohits for 108 damage, confirms vs. AC 24 for another 75 damage (minus DR). Starspawn needs to make a save vs. massive damage.

Full Attack: Full Attack (Full PA) (1d20+13-4=27, 1d8+23=27, 1d20+13-4=29, 1d8+23=31)
'Nother threat!
Crit Confirm, Crit Damage (1d20+13-4=18, 3d8+69=77)
Autohits for 31 damage, confirms vs. AC 18 for another 77 (minus DR); hits AC 27 for 27 damage (minus DR). If the crit confirms, Starspawn must make another save vs. massive damage.

Swift: If the fucker survived through all of that, Lili uses her Swift action after the last attack to activate Sudden Stunning. Starspawn must make a DC 20 Ref save or be stunned for 1d4+1=5 rounds.

Move (cont.):Haste (2/6 rounds left)
Shield (57/60 rounds left)

Combat Stats
[spoiler]
Hit Dice: 3d6+2d8+1d12+24
Hit Points: 15/52
Armor Class: 25 (10 +6 Armor +2 Dex +0 Size +3 level -1 Trait +3 Dodge -2 Charge +4 Shield) [+4 vs. AoOs]
Touch AC: 15
Flatfooted AC: 18
Initiative: +14 (+2 Dex +4 Imp Init +2 Aggressive +2 Eager +4 familiar)
Base Attack Bonus: 4.5
Grapple: +8 (4 BAB +4 Str +0 Size)
Speed: 80' land; 70' flight (average)

Spell Slots:
Cantrips - 7/7
1st - 6/8
2nd - 5/7
3rd - 4/5

Turn attempts: 8/10
Per-level APs: 6/8
Per-encounter APs: 1/2
[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #63 on: October 23, 2009, 11:13:52 PM »
[spoiler]I calculated out it as being very dead before my computer died.  I'm not going through round resolution again.[/spoiler]

The searing, spiraling combination attack hits home with a massive swirl of sparks, stars, and splashes cinders across the sidewalks.  The sundered starspawn sinks, scattering spells as it loses coherence.  As it falls it starts to unravel, and shimmering runes go aloft on the smoke. 

Underneath the rapidly disintegrating spines, a central glowing core appears.  It pulses unsteadily, and then, as a gap in the smoke lets the sun hit it [spoiler]
explodes!
[/spoiler]

Nothing is left of the creature or its magical effects...
of course, there is the small matter of the nonmagical fires left to deal with
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #64 on: October 24, 2009, 10:25:40 PM »
Lili grunts as she instinctively raises her arms in front of her to shield herself from the shockwave. After it has passed, she allows herself to fall down onto the non-burning asphalt. Though she lands safely, she staggers briefly, coughing, slashed, and exhausted, before catching herself. Nevertheless, their job is not done yet. "We need to stop the fire. ...Magus, can you do that ice shard thing again?"
Mira, can you do anything about the fire? We have to stop it before it reaches the gas station.

[spoiler]I can't help but notice those two beautiful little words 'Create' and 'Water' on Mira's sheet. [/spoiler]
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #65 on: October 25, 2009, 03:19:53 PM »
Belatedly realising the danger of the flames, Yes, Lili! Water coming up!
"Nietzche! Get your friends and drop that cart onto the fires to slow the burning!"
Mira raises her staff, then swings down to point at the flames nearest the petrol station, in one of the more useful spells when watering the garden. And, of course, cleaning up after fights.
"Regensturm!"
A large, faint green square appeared above the flames, an abrupt downpour of conjured water sizzling into the burning and half molten asphalt in bursts of steam. Mira continued repeating the spell, as her staff moves in an arc, liberally dousing the flames, asphalt and everything near the station with water.

"Um, is anyone hurt?"

[spoiler]
I never actually realised how much water that thing makes
[/spoiler]
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #66 on: October 25, 2009, 10:47:12 PM »
Magus walked to where the creature had been and collected some of the disintegrated dust into an empty vial. "We should leave now. The local law enforcement will arrive soon, and I'm not explaining to them why there is this much damage to the area with us at the center of it."

He moved forward quickly, intending to get on the next subway train. Luckily, the station was not far from here.
"You may wish to hide your familiars. They draw even more attention than you normally do."
It always seems like the barrels around here have something in them.