Author Topic: Cleric in a cold environment, siege campaign  (Read 1026 times)

jha85

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
Cleric in a cold environment, siege campaign
« on: June 17, 2009, 04:26:46 AM »
I'm making a 'Cleric 3/C-Inquisitor 2/Ordained Champion 1' for a cold environment, siege campaign. The DM has said there will be lost of snow goblins and such attacking our fort. I'm looking for a good domain or two that would help me Turn creatures with the cold subtype, but can't seem to find one..? Also, what feats should I pick? (I'm not going the DMM route with this character)

Domains taken:
- War
- Time (Can be changed)
- Inquisition (Can be replaced with a Fighter feat)
- One more needed

Feats:
- Bonus
- 1st
- 3rd
- 6th
- Fighter feat

Emy

• Bi-Curious George
Re: Cleric in a cold environment, siege campaign
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2009, 05:19:45 AM »
The Cold domain lets you rebuke creatures of the Cold subtype. There's no domain that specifically lets you turn creatures of the cold subtype, but hey, rebuking can get you minions. Turning can't.  :)

For casting, the Snowcasting and Frozen Magic feats make you better in cold environments. They're certainly not essential, but I'm having trouble thinking of other things to take.

(all of the above are in Frostburn)

So...

Domains: War, Time, Inquisition (granted power exchanged for Power Attack), Cold

Human bonus: Snowcasting
1: Frozen Magic
3: Knowledge Devotion
Ordained Champion bonus: Power Attack
6: Leap Attack

?

cru

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
Re: Cleric in a cold environment, siege campaign
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2009, 08:53:06 AM »
Considering that you're defending a fort against hordes of (potentially cold-resistant) critters, I'd recommend to stay out of melee. How about Zen Archery or Fiery Burst reserve feat?