Author Topic: [Old] General off-topic  (Read 39197 times)

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
Re: General off-topic
« Reply #300 on: October 23, 2009, 08:37:49 PM »
Well, I'm up to 80% uptime, with peaks as high as 95% if I don't touch any of my hardware. 

Yay.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #301 on: October 24, 2009, 10:55:17 PM »
Magus already has an extended Gust of Wind spell in effect on the "D" column, which extinguishes all unprotected flames. That's enough resources on his part. :P
It always seems like the barrels around here have something in them.

Nick

• King Kong
  • Cheese plz?
    • Email
« Reply #302 on: November 03, 2009, 10:45:01 PM »
*Maiko begins sweet sweet violations of the girls in her vicinity.*
"You'll still be living in caves."
"Hell I don't mind that."
[spoiler][/spoiler]
befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #303 on: December 07, 2009, 03:11:29 PM »
So... is this dead?

Any chance we could drag Prime back in if we switched to a set of less insane-out-the-ass houserules? :p
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #304 on: December 08, 2009, 08:26:36 AM »
Well, I'm still up for it if we can pull enough interest back up.
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

Nick

• King Kong
  • Cheese plz?
    • Email
« Reply #305 on: January 18, 2010, 12:31:28 PM »
I'm still up for it.

I suggest we use Tome if possible too lol.
"You'll still be living in caves."
"Hell I don't mind that."
[spoiler][/spoiler]
befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #306 on: January 18, 2010, 12:47:01 PM »
What? This thing...is still...alive!?

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #307 on: January 18, 2010, 02:30:47 PM »
I was going to propose restarting this, perhaps with a slightly saner set of rules, in half a year when I don't need to worry about school anymore. :P
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #308 on: January 18, 2010, 02:37:14 PM »
I was going to propose restarting this, perhaps with a slightly saner set of rules, in half a year when I don't need to worry about school anymore. :P
Might I suggest freeform? If you want me back, I think I managed to traumatise myself too much for anything more. :p
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #309 on: January 18, 2010, 03:00:57 PM »
Might I suggest freeform? If you want me back, I think I managed to traumatise myself too much for anything more. :p
Aw, normal 3.5 isn't that bad, is it? ;)
Alternatively, you could do 4e, but I think that might meet some resistance. :P (Also, the range of things you can build is more restricted if you want to do specific things.)

I'm cool with freeform, but it's just so much fun to build characters within a game system. Unfortunately, I'm not really familiar with other systems, though I'm a quick study.
Or we could use Maid RPG. :P

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #310 on: January 18, 2010, 04:16:27 PM »
Well, I prefer having a system at all.

Personally though, the best match is Mutants and Masterminds, we're far too varied to fit anything else. Plus you know, sourcebook access can be 'arranged'.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #311 on: January 18, 2010, 04:51:29 PM »
Personally though, the best match is Mutants and Masterminds, we're far too varied to fit anything else.
Even 3.5? 3.5 lets you do pretty much anything except drop a house on someone in a practical way (Haruhi knows I tried).

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #312 on: January 18, 2010, 06:00:18 PM »
It's just really unwieldy to DM, expecially when I have other responsiblities.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #313 on: January 18, 2010, 06:59:02 PM »
My work
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #314 on: January 18, 2010, 10:14:30 PM »
Even 3.5?
Yes.
I think we have experimental evidence to that effect, yes. Power swings wildly
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #315 on: January 19, 2010, 07:02:40 AM »
I PMed most of the plot threads I had planned to TML a while back, just so you know. Granted, he wouldn't be able to use the Nanoha-related stuff, and then there's
It's just really unwieldy to DM, expecially when I have other responsiblities.
My work

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #316 on: January 20, 2010, 02:06:47 PM »
I'm cool with freeform. Magus is easy to roleplay regardless of system. I actually prefer Frog, but I have a character in another PbP who speaks in Knightly English, and saying "Thou, Thy, Thee" once every time I'm on BG is enough for me.

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #317 on: January 29, 2010, 02:48:13 PM »
So, I made an advertisement/discussion page thingy: http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=7038.0