Author Topic: Onward and Inward.  (Read 10495 times)

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
Re: Onward and Inward.
« Reply #60 on: June 19, 2009, 02:52:37 AM »
As soon as the wall goes up, the elaborateness of the ambush makes Zerah kick it up. As his partners take out the odd water-beast, Zerah turns his attention as needed to his partner currently totally submerged in water. "Breaking the barrier wall!" He warns, raising his left hand to cast Dispel Magic,

[spoiler]
Current (no pun intended) HP: 149
AC: 30
Dispel Magic: 23

By the by, is anyone else's computer freezing up on invisible castle?
[/spoiler]

« Last Edit: June 22, 2009, 05:08:16 PM by Flay Crimsonwind »

HeadofVecna

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #61 on: June 19, 2009, 05:33:40 AM »
"Looks like your fishy friend left you high and dry. And I don't think you're gonna get a whole lot of time to get over the betrayal."charging pounce attack - 2 bites, 2 claws, 2 wings in that order (1d20+22=23, 1d20+22=33, 1d20+20=30, 1d20+20=24, 1d20+20=27, 1d20+20=21)
damage -
bite 1 miss
bite 2 (2d6+10=19, 1d6+10=15) that's 19 piercing/slashing/bludgeoning damage 10 fire and 5 cold
claw 1 and 2 (1d8+10=17, 1d6+10=16, 1d8+10=15, 1d6+10=14) that's 12 and 10 piercing/slashing damage 10 and 10 fire, and 6 and 4 cold
wing 1 (1d6+10=14, 1d6+10=13) that's 9 bludgeoning(?) damage 10 fire and 3 cold
wing 2 miss
The bite that connected also causes 3 con drain (1d4=3) on a failed DC 25 fort save.

Bah, I forgot to halve the Str bonus on secondary attacks on Invisible castle. This is adjusted in the post itself.

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #62 on: June 19, 2009, 05:46:03 AM »
*Waiting for a map and Mans' actions.*
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

Nodaisho

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
« Reply #63 on: June 19, 2009, 12:44:53 PM »
ooc: Same here, Bowen, but Head, did you remember to add the 11 damage to each attack on that charge from my Leading the Charge stance?

Mans, would that BC be able to involve getting me out of the grapple? I do my best work while not being in a gay tentacle hentai, and this time I can bypass whatever DR that thing has got (gotta love eternal blade), with 2d4+72 or 2d4+66 on each attack that hits.
The more I see of people, the more I love my dog.

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #64 on: June 19, 2009, 01:03:32 PM »
OOC: Do you have an Anklet of Translocation, Nodaisho?

If not, I could get you out of it with a Time Hop, but you'd be out of the game for at least 1 round...
And I was kinda hoping I could spend my round to start helping against the Aboleth thing :P
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

mans0011

• Curious George
  • Too much Aizen Hate to go around....
« Reply #65 on: June 19, 2009, 01:34:01 PM »
ooc: Same here, Bowen, but Head, did you remember to add the 11 damage to each attack on that charge from my Leading the Charge stance?

Mans, would that BC be able to involve getting me out of the grapple? I do my best work while not being in a gay tentacle hentai, and this time I can bypass whatever DR that thing has got (gotta love eternal blade), with 2d4+72 or 2d4+66 on each attack that hits.

[spoiler]I can benign transposition you with either my phantom steed or one of the constructs.[/spoiler]
OOC-well for that matter he could just ride on my sword, that's about 15' ;)
OOC - That's what SHE said!  But, otherwise, that works for me, if you guys are willing.

Generic_PC

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #66 on: June 19, 2009, 01:37:13 PM »
[spoiler]:P Don worry guys, I can take it.
Witty sayings? Nah, not right now. Currently playing Dwarf Fortress and League of Legends. I really recommend League of Legends.

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #67 on: June 19, 2009, 01:43:31 PM »

[spoiler]I can benign transposition you with either my phantom steed or one of the constructs.[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Assuming he's within range, consider my Astral Construct willing :)[/spoiler]

Nodaisho

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
« Reply #68 on: June 19, 2009, 08:55:11 PM »
[spoiler]
If Generic really will be okay, that would probably work best, since the construct seems to already be built to be able to grapple, if I am looking at the right sheet. If I can get a full charge in, barring terrible rolls or an astronomic AC, I could do upwards of 200 damage, bypassing any DR. That ought to finish it, leaving everyone else to kill the aboleth. Sadly, I didn't know about the anklet until yesterday, when Mans used it. That's the kind of thing I was asking about when I asked people to make suggestions about my gear, though  :P[/spoiler]
The more I see of people, the more I love my dog.

HeadofVecna

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #69 on: June 19, 2009, 10:37:56 PM »

Nope, forgot. So that's:
30 piercing/slashing/bludgeoning damage 10 fire and 5 cold
23 and 21 piercing/slashing damage 10 and 10 fire, and 6 and 4 cold
20 bludgeoning(?) damage 10 fire and 3 cold

Kaelik

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #70 on: June 20, 2009, 12:12:09 AM »
So the initial Init order was:

Bowen-failed save, slips 60ft downstream before single standard action
Mans-grappled, successful save
Nodaisho-successful save, hopefully he's back or I'll have to figure out some Tome of Battle stuff.
Flay-failed save takes 9 damage from jumping slips 60ft downstream while pulling weapon out, can take standard action anywhere along path, including attack on monster.
Generic-made his save, has a full round, within site of monster. Just keep in mind that in a grapple, ranged attacks have a 50% chance of hitting either party.
Vecna-failed save. can take standard action along the slide, but not partial charge. (Also can't partial charge against the water.)
Mr Monster

Bowen delayed first round. Mans turn, then Nodaisho, ect. If anyone wants to delay, that is fine. I'll wait until I have word from the top init to say what happens, because some of you might want to attack other targets after thing thing dies.

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #71 on: June 20, 2009, 05:58:19 AM »
"Time to get to work, cousin."16
Fort save to ignore waterflow in case it's necessary: 25
Will save to see through Aboleth's illusion (assuming Kaelik hasn't already rolled that one, not sure anymore): 30
Concentration to manifest defensively: 35

That last one isn't important by the way, no need to manifest defensively with Quickened Powers IIRC.
Anything I forgot?

I won't make any swim checks, that's pretty much a futile attempt for this guy, just going to sink to the bottom :)

Manifest Overchanneled Energy Stun (standard action, use own Psionic Focus):
Electricity damage (assuming Kaelik doesn't bring real-life physics into the game and has it fry all of us, if he does I'll go with Fire instead);
Overchanneled to ML15, 15 pp;
5ft. radius burst of 15d6 Electricity damage, DC33 Reflex save for half damage, if opponent fails reflex save for half damage he has to make a DC33 Will save or be Stunned for 1 round;
ML17 to overcome PR/SR.

15d6: 53

Psicrystal spends full-round to regain Psionic Focus.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Figured I already rolled all this crap, so see previous post for construct rolls;
Copy pasta:
Attacks (pounce, not including +2 for charging): 41; 33; 36, so 43; 35; 38 with charge bonus, last one is a touch attack to initiate Grapple.
Damage for first 2 attacks: 18; 24

Grapple: 45

Fort save to ignore waterflow (hopefully with bonus due to swim speed...): 17[/spoiler]

« Last Edit: June 20, 2009, 07:03:40 AM by BowenSilverclaw »

mans0011

• Curious George
  • Too much Aizen Hate to go around....
« Reply #72 on: June 22, 2009, 08:12:29 AM »
[spoiler]Benign transposition with Nadaisho and the Astral Construct.[/spoiler]
OOC-well for that matter he could just ride on my sword, that's about 15' ;)
OOC - That's what SHE said!  But, otherwise, that works for me, if you guys are willing.

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #73 on: June 22, 2009, 08:15:52 AM »
[spoiler]*high five*[/spoiler]

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
« Reply #74 on: June 22, 2009, 04:59:05 PM »
[spoiler]Aaaaaalright, if moves are changed to against the Aboleth, then I'll modify my move now... hahaha, love how Mr Warblade is right in front of me init wise...[/spoiler]

HeadofVecna

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #75 on: June 22, 2009, 06:55:36 PM »
Arcane strike damage vs Aboleth (3d4=9, 3d4=10, 3d4=7, 3d4=10)

So the new totals are:
bite 2 to hit 36
claw 1 and 2 to hit 33 and 27
wing 1 to hit 30
all are touch attacks due to wraithstrike

The damage if outside the Leading the Charge radius:
bite 2:  28 piercing/slashing/bludgeoning damage 10 fire and 5 cold
claw 1 and 2: 22 and 17 piercing/slashing damage 10 and 10 fire, and 6 and 4 cold
wing 1:  19 bludgeoning(?) damage 10 fire and 3 cold

If inside the radius the damage is:
39 piercing/slashing/bludgeoning damage 10 fire and 5 cold
33 and 28 piercing/slashing damage 10 and 10 fire, and 6 and 4 cold
30 bludgeoning(?) damage 10 fire and 3 cold[/spoiler]

Kaelik

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #76 on: July 09, 2009, 04:01:06 PM »

Kaelik

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #77 on: July 09, 2009, 04:29:56 PM »

Generic_PC

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #78 on: July 20, 2009, 02:56:43 AM »
Skoriwann, seeming slightly put out by the fact that he appears to be turning into a slime ball, starts swimming upwards to try and get a breath of air.

[spoiler]
Standard Action to Psionically Focus
Move Action to move up at a speed. Should I roll anything?
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 03:08:22 AM by Generic_PC »
Witty sayings? Nah, not right now. Currently playing Dwarf Fortress and League of Legends. I really recommend League of Legends.

HeadofVecna

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #79 on: July 23, 2009, 02:24:53 AM »
"Need some help ... friend?"