Author Topic: Onward and Inward.  (Read 10496 times)

Generic_PC

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
Re: Onward and Inward.
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2009, 03:24:52 PM »
Hmm. What an interesting creature...
Witty sayings? Nah, not right now. Currently playing Dwarf Fortress and League of Legends. I really recommend League of Legends.

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2009, 04:47:44 PM »
"Sounds like a sound plan; a good way of escaping death and destruction is to come upon it before it expects us to. May their travel be swift." There was an eagerness to go forward, and yet a complete lack of interest in the mission for these small cautions. There was na unusual surge of lust for glory in him; he needed something to happen.

Kaelik

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2009, 05:49:05 PM »
[spoiler]Absolutely nothing happens to the Utility Construct.[/spoiler]

mans0011

• Curious George
  • Too much Aizen Hate to go around....
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2009, 11:26:43 PM »
[spoiler]I guess I'll summon a phantom steed (Yay for air walk with 120' move speed...) so that I can get down without harm. Hmmmm... will caste foresight, giving up avasculate. That triggers Insightful Divination, so I've got +8 to initiative and then the benefits of foresight for the next 16 hours.[/spoiler]

Shall we, comrads?

[spoiler]About my telepathy, as I said, it's the mindbender telepathy so it carries with it NOTHING special, no constant detect thoughts, no ability to detect thoughts. ONLY one-way communication from me to anyone I can perceive within 100' (and thanks to mindsight, I perceive anyone with an int score).[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 11:59:17 PM by mans0011 »
OOC-well for that matter he could just ride on my sword, that's about 15' ;)
OOC - That's what SHE said!  But, otherwise, that works for me, if you guys are willing.

HeadofVecna

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2009, 11:46:05 PM »
"Ah the delights of cannon fodder. I was going to bring some of my own, but thought that a horde of undead would have caused too much alarm. Whereas my own humble self might be alarming, but a bit less so. That said, once we slaughter some of whatever opposition this place holds in store, I'll have to see to correcting the oversight."

EDIT - I somehow spaced that their was a drop involved.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 08:11:25 AM by HeadofVecna »

Kaelik

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2009, 02:56:01 AM »
[SPOILER]1) How are you casting 8th level spells exactly?

2) I rule that telepathy works both ways, such that anyone you have spoken to can think back at you when in range, but it has to be conscious on their part, and there is no risk of accidental transmission.

3) Wraethyr, you might want to continue on Wing for a short bit. The point is that you are 30ft up in the air.[/spoiler]

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2009, 06:16:52 AM »
"I hate to be a nuisance, but does anyone have a way for me to get down there that doesn't involve me leaving a small crater in the floor?" the construct asks his fellow party members. It would sound slightly sarcastic, if it weren't for the fact that his intonation doesn't sound any different from his normal speech.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 06:49:58 AM by BowenSilverclaw »
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2009, 06:47:43 AM »
Slightly sarcastically, Zerah chimes in; "In a similar vein, I could try and heal my legs after breaking them in the fall, but I'd rather save my spells for further assistance later on. Can someone give us a lift down to the ground?" The cleric was feeling oddly exposed by this.

HeadofVecna

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2009, 08:19:46 AM »
"I could probably carry you, without equipment anyway." She then regards the warforged, "But, ah, no."

"I know humans are always climbing into areas that are supposed to be inaccessible. I'm no expert on the subject, but don't you usually rope and pitons?"

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2009, 08:23:37 AM »
"I do have enough rope, but I was hoping someone might know of a faster way."

After that, without warning, the living construct simply steps of the ridge. You hear a large splash and a thud, and as you look down you see the 'Forged kneeled in the water for a few short seconds before getting up again and following his ectoplasmic creation.

[spoiler]No way I can make that DC15, so I'll just take 2d6 falling damage. Yay for temporary HP :D

Falling damage (hope you're okay with me rolling this to speed things up, Kaelik): 6

Move towards where my Utility Construct is and wait just outside the entrance to the tunnel.[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 01:35:47 PM by BowenSilverclaw »
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

Generic_PC

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2009, 12:14:58 PM »
[spoiler]Tumble Check: 1d20+15=21 Woo! only 1d6 lethal+1d6 non. Now, a strength check to stay up?[/spoiler]

I think I'll follow his example. The tiny gnome jumps into the water, apparently slowing his fall slightly without dunking his head into the water. He sounds slightly more graceful than the 'forged, at least.
Witty sayings? Nah, not right now. Currently playing Dwarf Fortress and League of Legends. I really recommend League of Legends.

mans0011

• Curious George
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2009, 02:02:16 PM »
[spoiler]hmmm, seems Tsuyoshi's divination guide misled me. He has foresight as a level 7 spell under the time domain, which is incorrect. So scratch that.[/spoiler]

Turelio presses onward and inward without a sound, his phantom steed walking on the water's surface.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 02:05:52 PM by mans0011 »
OOC - That's what SHE said!  But, otherwise, that works for me, if you guys are willing.

Kaelik

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2009, 02:17:13 PM »
[spoiler]No he doesn't. He has Moment of Prescience, Foresight is level 8 in the Time Domain and on his list. Nodaisho is missing for a few days, so I'll assume he jumps too. Explanation upcoming.[/spoiler]

As Turelio begins his walk down the tunnel, he sees that it continues about 100ft before reaching an opening into a larger room, where the water drops down into a hole. Behind a loud clanking begins, and simultaneously, Turelio is greeted with a very large tentacle to the face (19 damage), resulting in constricted movement (grappled). He can somewhat see that the water is coming up to attack him, the rest of the party sees a large Water Elemental attacking him. Meanwhile the rest of the party who are not distracted notice the ceiling beginning to open in the large room they are in/came from, pouring water down at an alarming rate.

Everyone make a DC 27 reflex save to resist the water torrent. You receive a +4 bonus if you possess a swim speed or fly speed. Mans, it is DC 30 for you. If you want to have some level 7 div spell cast that you would have cast instead of the Foresight casting, let me know.

Then roll for Init. But everyone who fails their save is going to be swept down stream and have only a standard action. (However, drawing a weapon can be done while flowing downstream.)

Nodaisho takes 3 lethal and 2 non lethal damage from jumping, and his reflex save is: 1d20+11=31 So he resists the torrent. Init for him is: 1d20+4=21.

« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 02:58:35 PM by Kaelik »

Generic_PC

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2009, 06:23:42 PM »
[spoiler]4 Lethal, 6 Non.1d6=4, 1d6=6
1d20=16, 1d20=11
Reflex Save: 31
Initiative: 19
I'll refrain from actions until everyone else rolls initiative then?
[/spoiler]

Hmm, that isn't good.

Almost getting picked up by the torrent of water, but somehow staying in place, Skoriwann looks not at all surprised by the watere elemental seething up out of the water. "ah, so thats what we're defeating."
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 07:08:54 PM by Generic_PC »

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2009, 06:41:01 PM »
Just as he jumps, Zerah gets hit by the current of water and all but lets himself be swept down to the rest of the group. As soon as he fells that he's hit the lower level and continued being swept along, he sees the elemental, and draws his sword. "Glory. Well, that was fast....."

[spoiler]
Tumble: 5
Initiative: 19
Reflex Save: 9[/spoiler]

mans0011

• Curious George
« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2009, 07:02:27 PM »
[spoiler]
No he doesn't. He has Moment of Prescience, Foresight is level 8 in the Time Domain and on his list. Nodaisho is missing for a few days, so I'll assume he jumps too. Explanation upcoming.
Yeah, sorry about that. I meant moment of prescience, not Foresight. Was getting them confused.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]
As Turelio begins his walk down the tunnel, he sees that it continues about 100ft before reaching an opening into a larger room, where the water drops down into a hole. Behind a loud clanking begins, and simultaneously, Turelio is greeted with a very large tentacle to the face (19 damage), resulting in constricted movement (grappled). He can somewhat see that the water is coming up to attack him, the rest of the party sees a large Water Elemental attacking him. Meanwhile the rest of the party who are not distracted notice the ceiling beginning to open in the large room they are in/came from, pouring water down at an alarming rate.

{...} You receive a +4 bonus if you possess a swim speed or fly speed. Mans, it is DC 30 for you. If you want to have some level 7 div spell cast that you would have cast instead of the Foresight casting, let me know.

Then roll for Init. But everyone who fails their save is going to be swept down stream and have only a standard action.
I would have cast Moment of Prescience because that's what I had meant to cast.

[spoiler]1d20+19=30 Reflex save, and I forgot to add in the +4 for my swim speed. Insightful Divination is now off.
1d20+17=26 Initiative check
[/spoiler]

Kaelik

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2009, 10:11:26 PM »
What was I thinking? There is a reason I made you all put your Init in an easy place. Bowen and Vecna, you both failed your saves. The init order is:

Bowen-failed save, slips 60ft downstream before single standard action
Mans-grappled, successful save
Nodaisho-successful save, hopefully he's back or I'll have to figure out some Tome of Battle stuff.
Flay-failed save takes 9 damage from jumping slips 60ft downstream while pulling weapon out, can take standard action anywhere along path, including attack on monster.
Generic-made his save, has a full round, within site of monster. Just keep in mind that in a grapple, ranged attacks have a 50% chance of hitting either party.
Vecna-failed save. can take standard action along the slide, but not partial charge. (Also can't partial charge against the water.)
Mr Monster

What you see:

Everyone
[spoiler]It's a Huge water elemental, And it's got a choke hold on poor Mans.[/spoiler]

Mans only
[spoiler]It's not a Water elemental at all, it's a puddle of water beating the shit out of you. Your Mindsight gave you no warning, and still tells you nothing. You have heard of constructs made from water that can only be created by Aboleths. Their watery nature makes them immune to many things, but they have difficulty remaining cohesive in the presence of fire. They often ambush people from water and attempt to engulf them and suffocate them.[/spoiler]

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2009, 10:53:10 PM »
[spoiler]
Fuck, just remembered I have Air Walk... and haven't added my str to to-hit on my sheet, shit sorry, will come into effect next round...[/spoiler]

Zerah makes an attack against the creature now in his sights.

[spoiler]
Current (no pun intended) HP: 149
AC: 30
To hit: 25 (ignore note)
To Damage: 5 Weapon Damage, 8 Electricity damage[/spoiler]

Nodaisho

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2009, 11:01:55 PM »
When he sees the elemental, Falden thinks quickly, remembering everything he can about elementals. Then, he grabs the hilts of his kukri, shifts his stance, screams, and jumps at the elemental, drawing in midair and hacking furiously at the watery beast.

ooc:[spoiler]
action: use knowledge devotion (free), change to leading the charge stance (swift), charge the elemental, by jumping if necessary.

Knowledge: the planes check: 1d20+32=35 +4 to damage (1 away from +5)

attack rolls:
Last attack with each hand will be made as a no damage touch attack, with Stoneguard Warrior. Each of those touch attacks that hits leads to +5 damage on attacks on that creature next round.
Main hand: 1d20+22=38, 1d20+17=30, 1d20+12=23
Main hand damage: 2d4+52=58, 2d4+52=57

Off hand: 1d20+22=28, 1d20+17=31, 1d20+12=15
Off hand damage: 2d4+46=51, 2d4+46=51

The first attack with each hand that hits disperses the black lotus extract poison, DC20 fort save vs. 3d6 con damage

If he gets hit this round, he will attempt to counter it with Wall of Blades, making an attack at +20, if it hits a higher AC than the opponent's attack, the opponent misses. It can be used after you find out if the attack would hit, so he will only use it if he would be struck otherwise.

HP: 182/185
AC: 21 (after -2 from charge), can't be flatfooted or flanked due to uncanny dodge, touch AC 17.
[/spoiler]

OOC: Anyone making a charge attack within earshot of Falden gets +11 to damage.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 11:28:45 PM by Nodaisho »
The more I see of people, the more I love my dog.

HeadofVecna

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2009, 11:22:31 PM »