Author Topic: Unilateral introduction - But the future refused to change  (Read 4077 times)

HeadofVecna

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
Re: Unilateral introduction - But the future refused to change
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2009, 08:30:36 AM »
The sound Liliana's footsteps was swallowed by the ground as she kept moving, driven forward by the tension she was feeling, as if it was coming from the air itself. Finally, she could see two figures. Or is it three? However, she quickly saw that they weren't the ones she was looking for - a handsome boy in an odd, tattered uniform and a wild-looking young man were certainly not Mira and Shina. Then again, this was a nightmare. No. Too real.
She wasn't sure, but there seemed to be another presence. A third one? Where? Desopite Valkyrie's inability to speak, its presence in her hand nonetheless felt soothing as she asked again. "Who is there? Who are you?"

Only when his enemy disperses upon being spotted does Masaru realize that this is some kind of dream. "kIntAmA!", he curses, rolling his eyes in dissapointment. But a moment later he hears and sees the tall girl. Was she wearing a military uniform? None he recognized. And it didn't matter anyway; just a dream, a possible future at best.

Masaru lets his form flow, no point in demeaning disguises in a dream, just talking to someone who didn't exude the taint of Order. Unnatural bulges threaten to tear through his torn clothes as his face spits asymmetrically, both sides biting at each other with rapidly growing teeth while speaking in counterpoint. "I aM ThE fISt of AMATSU-MIKABOSHi. AnD yOu CHilD? whO Are YoU?"

AlterFrom

• Donkey Kong
  • Super Special Awesome
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2009, 05:45:49 PM »
The rumbling would have shaken Shina to her feet for sure, if she hadn't been hovering a few feet off the ground. She merely dodge some debris that came loose from an adjacent building, then landed beside Mira who was huddled against a wall with Nietzche.

"Mira...we have to move. We have to find Lili. First thing they taught us, remember? Always stay together." Shina lifted Mira to her feet, being careful to avoid the spines on Nietzche.

"We'll find her, regroup, then...then...something. I don't know what's going on here, but I'm sure we can handle it. Together."
« Last Edit: June 21, 2009, 05:49:52 PM by AlterFrom »
Siggy
[spoiler]TIRED OF TRYING TO MANAGE FILES ACROSS SEVERAL COMPUTERS? GET DROPBOX AND SIMPLIFY THE PROCESS!

xkcd. It Rocks.

Tick, tock, Tick, tock...

FYI: I lose a couple years off my life anytime I see I have a PM.

We're ALL rules lawyers here. The BEST at what we do, too. It's like a Tom Grisham novel in which everybody at the top law firm is a dirty crook, but they all know the rules so well that TECHNICALLY speaking, they aren't breaking them...:eh

[/spoiler]

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2009, 08:01:44 PM »
Liliana's eyes widened as the boy suddenly tore apart into an unnatural monstrosity, but quickly forced her face back into a calm, emotionless expression. "Liliana Corolla of the TSAB-" That's right. I've got no business being here. With that thought - or revelation, or whatever one may call it - her form started disappearing from the hellscape before she managed to finish the introduction, or the question she was going to ask.

Liliana bolted upright in her bunk almost immediately after waking up. "Amatsu-Mikaboshi...?" She muttered to herself, as if trying to make sense of a nonsensical joke phrase. Right. The nightmare still fresh in her mind, Liliana leaps out of the top bunk, not bothering to use the ladder, and lands safely on her feet next to Shina's. "Shina?" She bows down to shake at the sleeping girl's shoulder, perhaps a bit more roughly than necessary.

[spoiler]Just making some stuff up and assuming they'd have those Ship Tease-tastic bunks. Not quite NanoFate's Only One Bed, but getting there.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2009, 08:03:48 PM by Agita »
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

AlterFrom

• Donkey Kong
  • Super Special Awesome
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2009, 09:46:20 PM »
As she stood with Mira, the world seemed to grow tired of existence to Shina. Buildings dissolved into blotches of color; piles of rubble fell into themselves and out of reality.

"Shina?.."

The world came undone before the girl's eyes. Piece by piece, it disappeared into the void. As the last pieces pieces flew away into nothingness, it began to rock back and forth. The last thing Shina saw before awaking in her bunk was Mira, huddled with Nietzche...

"...Mira!" The single word escaped her lips as she awoke to Lili shaking her shoulder. A little too roughly, come to think of it.

"Just...just a dream..."
Siggy
[spoiler]TIRED OF TRYING TO MANAGE FILES ACROSS SEVERAL COMPUTERS? GET DROPBOX AND SIMPLIFY THE PROCESS!

xkcd. It Rocks.

Tick, tock, Tick, tock...

FYI: I lose a couple years off my life anytime I see I have a PM.

We're ALL rules lawyers here. The BEST at what we do, too. It's like a Tom Grisham novel in which everybody at the top law firm is a dirty crook, but they all know the rules so well that TECHNICALLY speaking, they aren't breaking them...:eh

[/spoiler]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2009, 07:33:01 AM »
Mira held tightly onto Nietzche, the world crumbling to sand as she fell crashing into the only real thing there was within reach...Nietzche. A mild, numbing sensation shook her back awake as she scratched herself lightly on one of his spines.

"Ow! It was just a dream...Nietzche, stay out of bed! Oh, you too?"
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."