Author Topic: Stupid Challange #1 (Vampire Cleric/Paladin/Choosensoul of Pelor)  (Read 6036 times)

Vinom

• Hong Kong
  • Rejoice, Bad things are about to happen!
    • Email
I was just thinking, that some things work thanks to Minmaxing, but end up with something that doesn't seem logical (Shadow dancer with a torch so he'll always have shadows when he needs them). So lets start with something illogical and minmax some sense into it, A Vampire serving a sun god...

All builds will be judged on the basis of functionality, flavor, and versitiliy, and points will be taken off for how much of one side (Vampire or Pelorness) is ignored, undone, or negated through magical items...
A player once asked me if there was any way to make a Tarrasque more evil... 3 sessions later he was stoned with D20s as the PC led an exidus out of the path of a Dire Tarrasque of Legendary Wonder.

Quote from:  Sarda the Sage
You're a quick thinker and spiteful, I can respect that. You won't be killed, Bikke

Never trust a smiling laughing chuckling grinning emotionless drunk, you know what Never Trust a DM!

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature

Pulling off Pun-pun in 26 rounds

N00bs, because all gamers have to start somewhere

"Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from Science!"

Remember, Mobs are at least as stupid as their dumbest member.

Dan2

• Honorary Moderator
  • Hong Kong
  • Wizicist
Re: Stupid Challange #1 (Vampire Cleric/Paladin/Choosensoul of Pelor)
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2009, 07:33:01 PM »
Are we just posting full builds here, or also throwing out generic ideas?

Is it an individual-based contest, or a collective challenge?

Vinom

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2009, 07:56:52 PM »
both, and that depends on you... it's not like theres a prize you'd have to split, I'm just trying to throw a grain of sand into your heads and see what pearls come out...
A player once asked me if there was any way to make a Tarrasque more evil... 3 sessions later he was stoned with D20s as the PC led an exidus out of the path of a Dire Tarrasque of Legendary Wonder.

You're a quick thinker and spiteful, I can respect that. You won't be killed, Bikke

Never trust a smiling laughing chuckling grinning emotionless drunk, you know what Never Trust a DM!

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2009, 08:26:53 PM »
Perhaps a former Shadow Sun Ninja of Pelor?
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

altpersona

• Organ Grinder
  • BG forum Emperor Ad Litem
    • Altpersona.net
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2009, 08:37:05 PM »
can we sub out vampire for phrenic half gnome or something?
The goal of power is power. - idk
We are not descended from fearful men. - Murrow

The Final Countdown is now stuck in your head.

Anim-manga sux.

Dan2

• Honorary Moderator
  • Hong Kong
  • Wizicist
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2009, 08:40:03 PM »
Well, the first thing to pop into my head was the Shadowspy and Shadowstriker PrCs from Complete Champion.
I looked over them, and while the flavor would fit very well, the actual mechanics behind the PrCs seem quite lacking.

Outside of that, I figured that Favored Soul or Cloistered Cleric would fit more aptly than Cleric or Paladin.

woodenbandman

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2009, 09:38:16 PM »
 :lmao

Vampire Radiant Servant of Pelor uses greater turning to destroy himself, and ascends to heaven for following pelor's great design and destroying undead...

He levels up and boosts his turning level to be able to overcome his own turn resistance.

Vinom

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2009, 11:25:47 PM »

Vampire Radiant Servant of Pelor uses greater turning to destroy himself, and ascends to heaven for following pelor's great design and destroying undead...

He levels up and boosts his turning level to be able to overcome his own turn resistance.

That is neighter versitail or functional

altpersona

• Organ Grinder
    • Altpersona.net
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2009, 11:31:23 PM »

That is neighter versitail or functional

w/ that many (un)dead levals hows anything going to be versital or functional w/ out limberger

Anim-manga sux.

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2009, 01:04:50 AM »
It's pretty simple

Standard RSoP build - 1 level + 1 level of the vampire racial progression from LM.

Nothing could be easier  :p
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

altpersona

• Organ Grinder
    • Altpersona.net
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2009, 01:11:54 AM »
i could be wrong here, so im out on a limb... but

dosnt LM progression req you to progress your racial stuff. so you end up with all the racial HD and LA in the end... minus buy off...

Anim-manga sux.

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2009, 01:30:16 AM »
i could be wrong here, so im out on a limb... but

dosnt LM progression req you to progress your racial stuff. so you end up with all the racial HD and LA in the end... minus buy off...
So you get bitten by a vampire at level 19.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

EjoThims

• Grape ape
  • The Ferret
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2009, 01:37:39 AM »
Oh, this is easy, flavor-wise, but it would have to span into epic levels for the full affect.

Cloistered Cleric of Pelor adventures and spreads the word as the face of the party. He is eventually captured and tortured (including brutal long term exposure under the sun, in ironic fashion) after being sold out to an overwhelmingly cruel empire by the rogue in his adventuring party, but is secretly blood drained by a powerful vampire. This causes him to finally 'die' only to rise again as a vampire.

Pelor intervenes (directly or through intermediaries) to cause the death of the vampire, freeing his faithful servant.

The freed vampire continues to spread the word; as he grows more powerful, he takes levels in Undead Hunter (from DMG, the variant ranger) and takes FE Vampire so as to prevent any competition and continue to keep up the front that he still serves his god.

Over time, however, he grows corrupt, and begins to spread worship of himself instead of Pelor, including constant vampiric rituals of blood drinking and cannibalism to create his own oppressive empire that eventually perpetrates massive genocide against the followers of Pelor in an attempt to weaken Pelor's power base as he seeks his own ascension to god-hood at the head of his ever growing church.

What is this LG turned LE character's name?

[spoiler]Jesus Christ, Vampire Hunter[/spoiler]

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2009, 03:27:22 AM »
Flavor-wise EVERYTHING can fit. Cleric turned Vampire. Vampire being Rebuked into becoming a Cleric. Vampire Blackguard hardcore born again Christian Pelorite with a Helm of Opposite Alignment. Half-Celestial turned Vampire turned Pelorite over a chick with a sweet ass.

The question is, how do we squeeze cheese out of it?

Believe it or not, even at stupid LA, Cleric is still one of the damn best career choices for a freaking vampire.

Why? Because it's got some of the best options, and because its base stats are made of stupid.

For starters: dude is undead, so he doesn't need to worry about Fort saves, crits or even his HP. What he needs to worry about is turn resistance, how to cope with his bloodlust and how to keep himself healed.

Assuming we don't need to keep a Helm of Opposite Alignment on this guy, a Hat of Disguise solves his first problem (after all, if a Cleric doesn't see him as an undead, he has no reason to turn him. And since the guy's already a Cleric he has no reason for suspicion, right?). The bloodlust problem is solved by keeping a sheep or more handy. Keeping himself healed might actually be tougher, given that Pelor kinda frowns on the whole flict-inay series of spells. Assuming Tomb-Tainted Soul is an option to heal yourself, that takes care of that...

Build-wise, you might as well go straight Cleric. You have precious little feats to spend on almost anything else, so you gotta make them count. Obviously, self-buffs are the way to go since actual undead-killer spells can backfire all over you.
Gendou Ikari is basically Gregory House in Kaminashades. This is FACT.

For proof, look here:

http://www.layoutjelly.com/image_27/gendo_ikari/

[SPOILER]
Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7
My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Katana of Enlightenment.
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

I HAVE BROKEN THE 69 INTERNETS BARRIER!

EjoThims

• Grape ape
  • The Ferret
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2009, 05:15:54 AM »
Flavor-wise EVERYTHING can fit.

Well yes, but I was setting up a joke... :P

I think the real way to take this, though, is Vampire Spawn with a dead master, as IIRC, aren't most of the abilities the same, but dying is easier and you don't get quite the stat mods in exchange for a much lower LA?

Havok4

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • It can only be attributable to human error.
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2009, 01:37:21 PM »
One thing this character should not do is take sun devotion. Unless he enjoys sudden destruction when using the ability.

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2009, 02:00:00 PM »
One thing this character should not do is take sun devotion. Unless he enjoys sudden destruction when using the ability.

"Bask in my light you non-believers!" *activates Sun Devotion*

Followed by: "Ow God it burns, why did i do that!!!!"

:P

Quote from: Kuroimaken
Half-Celestial turned Vampire turned Pelorite over a chick with a sweet ass.
Epic! :D
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

Vinom

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2009, 03:47:01 PM »

Don't the clerics of Pelor normally pray at sunrise, in the open air?

Havok4

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • It can only be attributable to human error.
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2009, 06:38:43 PM »

I suggest bringing an umbrella then. Or finding some way to get a cloud of darkness to follow you.

Vinom

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2009, 08:14:44 PM »

I suggest bringing an umbrella then. Or finding some way to get a cloud of darkness to follow you.

A cleric of Pelor who shuns the sun....