Author Topic: Question about the Battlestar Galactica plot (Spoiler abound!)  (Read 1464 times)

GawainBS

• Hong Kong
    • Email
SPOILER ALERT!!!

Good, you have been warned...

Mods, if you think this should belong in the BSG thread, feel free to merge. I just made a new thread because it's a specific question.

***Spoilers***

I finally got the 5th season on DVD last monday, and a friend and I still have some questions. I'll try to explain the situation with the Final Five as I see it. If I'm wrong somewhere, please correct me, ok? :)

On the original Earth (not ours), there were 13 tribes. One of them were Cylons, amongst them the Final Five (FF). The 12 human tribes left Earth and eventually found Kobol. Back on Earth, the Cylons made, well, euhm, Cylons, and they turned against them. However, the FF, especially Helen, had already invented Resurrection and had a spaceship in orbit. They "survived" the holocaust and traveled after the other 12 tribes.
Due to them traveling as reletivistic speeds, time had little influence on them, yet it still took a long time to catch up, some 2000 years. On the way, they dropped the hints, like the Eye of Jupiter.
In the Colonies, humans developed Cylons again and later the First Cylon War erupted. The 13th tribe, which at this points consists only of the FF, contacts the Cylons. The Cylons retreat and together with the FF, they developed the seven other models.
I assume John/Cavil revolted, meddled with the FF's memories, and send them off to the colonies as sleeper agents. He keeps their resurrection-bodies away from the other Cylons. Finally, he initiates the Second Cylon War.

However, that fails to explain some things. How come Saul Tigh gets older, which we clearly see during flashbacks, while the others don't? How were they "planted" in Colony society? Tigh, as a high ranking officer, probably underwent several background checks. Anders was a venerated sportsman, so his life was probably under journalistic scrutiny.

Can someone please update and correct us?

Thanks in advance!

GawainBS

• Hong Kong
    • Email
Re: Question about the Battlestar Galactica plot (Spoiler abound!)
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2009, 03:11:21 PM »
So, anybody who can confirm/crrect what I said? Also, a bump.

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2009, 03:16:54 PM »
Sorry bub, never really got into BSG.

But a bump for a fellow dutch-speaking guy :P
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

GawainBS

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2009, 03:21:59 PM »
You'd get Fu if we still had it. :D

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2009, 03:31:25 PM »
It's okay, I'll make a mental note ;)
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

altpersona

• Organ Grinder
  • BG forum Emperor Ad Litem
    • Altpersona.net
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2009, 07:37:54 PM »
lemme see..

a. the screwed some stuff up..
b. the FF were traveling near light speed, the old fashioned way so time was moving slow for them, fast for everyone else.

they did show old tigh on homeworld where it should have been thirty years younger tigh..

i dont recall exactly... but it seems that the cylon/cylon revolution 1 that sent the FF traveling happend very near the same time as the 12 colonies xodus..

so did the 12 have jump tech and the cylons didnt?
The goal of power is power. - idk
We are not descended from fearful men. - Murrow

The Final Countdown is now stuck in your head.

Anim-manga sux.