Author Topic: The Good, the Bad, and the Undead  (Read 42196 times)

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
Re: The Good, the Bad, and the Undead
« Reply #80 on: June 19, 2009, 06:01:33 AM »
"Yeah, I've got a horse. Just gimme a minute to go get 'im." Frank replies before running to where the horses are.

A minute later he returns on horseback, riding a tough looking brown and white horse.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2009, 06:03:31 AM by BowenSilverclaw »
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

j0lt

• Hong Kong
  • Browncoat
« Reply #81 on: June 19, 2009, 10:02:23 AM »
"Well there's no time, nor place to get one now anyways.  I reckon you'll jes' have to ride mine.  Someone's gotta track that bastard anyways."

The man in black dismounts and hands the reins to the preacher and stalks off towards the back of the train, his eyes focused on the hard ground.  After a few minutes he gives a sharp whistle and looks up.  "Found his trail.  He's running, but not fast.  If'n we hurry we oughta catch up with him by sundown."
PbP Games
The Artifact (prologue) as Dr. Henry Loder, Mayan archaeologist

MasterVega

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
  • Master of what? Well, I'm not exactly sure...
    • Email
« Reply #82 on: June 19, 2009, 02:42:08 PM »
"Weren't you worried about him cutting us off, though? Following him doesn't seem like a good way to remedy that..." the ex-soldier rides his unimpressive brown steed near, careful to avoid where the man in black has been looking - wouldn't want to trample any tracks. "Anyone here know these parts? Maybe we could follow the trail aways before cutting to the side and flanking him? It'd all be up to a guess, though..."
I might be insane, but at least I\'m not deluded...

My Art! :D

Current PbP Games:
The Good, the Bad, and the Undead as Cedric McDouglan, ex-soldier shadow hunter.

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #83 on: June 19, 2009, 02:54:23 PM »
"Say stranger, do you have any more of those silver bullets? It might be useful for all of us to be prepared if we want to take care of that hoppin' maniac."

[spoiler]Diplomacy in case it's necessary was a 17 (you know, the one in the older post ;))[/spoiler]
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

jacemachine

• Powered by Coffee. Driven by Insanity--
    • MySpace, not yours.
    • Email
« Reply #84 on: June 19, 2009, 07:26:28 PM »
I stepped into the stirrup and swung my other leg up and over the saddle. "Will someone PLEASE explain to me what is going on? Forgive me, but I don't see why I shouldn't just go back to the train with the other passengers. I'm a preacher not a bounty hunter."

I was willing to see where this went. I WAS on the horse wasn't I? But this was beyond my grasp.
Current PbP Games
The Artifact (Prologue) as GM
[d20M] Isle Noir: Bad Karma as GM

The Good, the Bad, and the Undead, playing as Father Ezekiel Ambrose

"When the GM smiles, it's already too late." --Anonymous Doomed Gamer

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
  • Developing a relaxed attitude to danger.
« Reply #85 on: June 20, 2009, 01:04:06 AM »
[spoiler]You stole my line! :P[/spoiler]

The doctor looked up from his struggle with the bony nag he was riding. "Well, preacher--hell, what's your name? I can't be callin' you that all the time--what you saw on the train wasn't human. It had horns, it breathed fire from what I can tell, kind of like the demons you talk about, right? Thing is, stuff like that slips through all the time. Maybe from Hell, maybe somewhere else. Doesn't matter. I don't have time to ask where they go back to after work when they're clawing at my heels." Bones stretches his arms, flexing one and wincing. "If you want, you can leave. Go back to giving sermons. We're wasting time, so decide quick."

jacemachine

• Powered by Coffee. Driven by Insanity--
    • MySpace, not yours.
    • Email
« Reply #86 on: June 20, 2009, 01:59:01 AM »
"I reckon you can call me Father Zeke or Father is just fine. It gets me through the day." I was quite amiable towards the doctor, what with him fixin' up my head as quickly as he had. If'n he'd not been close at hand, mayhaps I'd be in worse shape. I'd seen people get all funny after getting crowned a time or two. Ain't a pretty sight.

Could that thing really have been a demon? All these years the Almighty had not once given me a sign of his Truth, and here Old Scratch makes his presence known? If these men were going to confront this... demon, then I would stand at their sides. Shit-

"Who knows, maybe my being a preacher can give us an edge. Assuming we catch up to this 'Jack' thing, I'd like to ask it if it has ever met the Almighty. If it hadn't, then I reckon we make an introduction." If I sounded a little bitter it's because the bastard had dragged me off a moving train. I could have been killed!

"Since we're on the topic of introductions...?" It was a good idea to get this out of the way. Nothing could be worse than trying to warn someone of impending danger by shouting 'You! Hey you!'.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2009, 02:37:53 AM by jacemachine »
Current PbP Games
The Artifact (Prologue) as GM
[d20M] Isle Noir: Bad Karma as GM

The Good, the Bad, and the Undead, playing as Father Ezekiel Ambrose

"When the GM smiles, it's already too late." --Anonymous Doomed Gamer

j0lt

• Hong Kong
  • Browncoat
« Reply #87 on: June 22, 2009, 12:31:52 PM »
The man in black, his eyes riveted to the trail, responds without looking up.  "Name's Ulysses Jackson, you can call me Jackson.  And no, that this wasn't no demon.  Not by a long shot.  You don't want to tangle with a demon without bein' ready for it, I can tell ya that, preacher.

Suddenly, Jackson stops, backtracks a few paces and finally spits his chew into the dirt.  "Son of a bitch...

The plainly obvious trail of footprints and blood stops abruptly just ahead.
PbP Games

MasterVega

• Master of what? Well, I'm not exactly sure...
    • Email
« Reply #88 on: June 22, 2009, 01:38:10 PM »
"Cedric McDouglan," the soldier nods before turning his attention to the problem and cursing grimly, "... Dammit." Cedric looks ahead cautiously, not wanting to fall into someone's trap.

[spoiler]spot check to see if the ground where the blood stops looks unnatural/recently stirred, particularly to see if it looks like he covered his tracks or not: 1d20+2=18
« Last Edit: June 22, 2009, 01:39:42 PM by MasterVega »
I might be insane, but at least I\'m not deluded...

My Art! :D

Current PbP Games:
The Good, the Bad, and the Undead as Cedric McDouglan, ex-soldier shadow hunter.

j0lt

• Hong Kong
  • Browncoat
« Reply #89 on: June 22, 2009, 01:54:30 PM »
Master Vega
[spoiler]The dry sandy earth ahead and around the final boot print appears to be undisturbed.[/spoiler]
PbP Games

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
  • Developing a relaxed attitude to danger.
« Reply #90 on: June 22, 2009, 04:10:46 PM »
Bones takes a long, hard look at the point where the trail ends. A slight suspicion creeps into his mind, and he squats down by the end of the tracks, examining them closely.

j0lt:
[spoiler]My guess is that he jumped from here to hide his trail. However, I believe this calls for an Investigate check to analyze the clue!

Taking 10, along with spending an action point: 1d6+3=5 gives me a 22.[/spoiler]

jacemachine