Author Topic: The Good, the Bad, and the Undead  (Read 42296 times)

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
Re: The Good, the Bad, and the Undead
« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2009, 02:46:03 PM »
"I didn't think I'd encounter something like this over here, so I wasn't exactly prepared." Frank replies to Cedric.

"You don't happen to have any silver bullets in .45S&W or .44-40 Winchester, do you?" he asks, looking at the stranger in black.

[spoiler]Figured if you said .45 works for both revolvers it'd be okay to reflavor it to him carrying silver bullets in both calibers. Hope you don't mind J0lt, but I'm a sucker for those kinds of small details :)

I'll post move and attack actions after I hear the stranger's reply ;)[/spoiler]
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

j0lt

• Hong Kong
  • Browncoat
« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2009, 02:55:49 PM »
Grimacing through his bushy moustache, the stranger replies.  "Sorry, I've only ever carried a Colt, reckon I always will."
PbP Games
The Artifact (prologue) as Dr. Henry Loder, Mayan archaeologist

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: June 16, 2009, 03:03:45 PM »
"Heh, got a spare?"

[spoiler]So I take it the reflavoring to achieve the same general effect that we were talking about in the Saloon is a no go?[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 03:10:13 PM by BowenSilverclaw »
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

j0lt

• Hong Kong
  • Browncoat
« Reply #43 on: June 16, 2009, 03:11:48 PM »
The man in black quickly grabs a cartridge from his belt and tosses it to Frank.
PbP Games

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: June 16, 2009, 03:30:26 PM »
"Thanks, stranger." Frank smiles, before stowing his rifle, and opening his revolver to swap cartridges.

[spoiler]I figure this'll take me 2 rounds? Move action to stow, move action to draw, full-round to reload?[/spoiler]

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
  • Developing a relaxed attitude to danger.
« Reply #45 on: June 16, 2009, 08:33:31 PM »
"Watch your...right! Because if Jack comes at me and I don't have any silver, I'll be able to doctor it to death! Swearing profusely, Bones checked his revolver, then sprinted after Zeke, shoving past confused passengers who were clamoring for an explanation. "Unless you're hurt, get out of the way!"

[spoiler]Hey, is my pocket watch silver?[/spoiler]

j0lt

• Hong Kong
  • Browncoat
« Reply #46 on: June 16, 2009, 11:34:41 PM »
Bones & Zeke
[spoiler]
Instead of the strange looks and questions you were expecting to find in the dining car, you find complete pandemonium.  The table fire that the singed man had mentioned has now spread to several other parts of the car.  Thick black smoke fills the top third of the room.  The cries of frightened passengers fill your ears, but are not quite loud enough to drown out the infernal laughter coming from the roof.

There are silver spoons, forks and knives scattered around the tables, apparently having been abandoned mid-meal.

You hear the crack of splintering wood somewhere on the ceiling and the smoke begins to slowly lessen.
[/spoiler]

Cedric & Frank
[spoiler]
Cedric: Your shot goes just wide, though apparently close enough for him to feel the wind as he twitches away from it.
Frank: Yes, it will take you two rounds to reload your weapon.

The horned man stops and strikes down with a clawed hand, smashing clean through the roof of the dining car.  Black smoke billows up and out like a second engine, obscuring your vision to the point where you can't see more than 10 feet in front of you.

Frank: Gritting his teeth, the man in black gets up and moves forward towards in a low crouch until he disappears into the smoke.
[/spoiler]
PbP Games

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #47 on: June 16, 2009, 11:53:35 PM »
Bones stops abruptly upon finding the dining car in its infernal state. He pulls his shirt up over his mouth and motions for the preacher to do likewise, then ducks low under the smoke, scoops up a knife, and makes his way as quickly as he can to the opposite end of the car, avoiding the burning portions.

[spoiler]Is there a ladder at the opposite end of the car?[/spoiler]

MasterVega

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
  • Master of what? Well, I'm not exactly sure...
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: June 17, 2009, 12:04:13 AM »
Cedric removes his hat and puts it over his mouth and nose as he couches and continues to move forward. Though squinting, he makes sure to keep his eyes open for gaps in the train, as well as ecstatic madmen. His right hand still grips the gun, though he holds it more like a club than a firearm now.

[spoiler]Spot check:1d20+2=19[/spoiler]
I might be insane, but at least I\'m not deluded...

My Art! :D

Current PbP Games:
The Good, the Bad, and the Undead as Cedric McDouglan, ex-soldier shadow hunter.

jacemachine

• Powered by Coffee. Driven by Insanity--
    • MySpace, not yours.
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: June 17, 2009, 04:01:25 AM »
"Get down and move to the front or the rear of the car!" I shouted at the frantic people from behind a coat sleeve. Smoke was filling the car, and the fire was spreading.. "Come on! If you roast to death it will be your own fault! Move it! Move it!"

My small buzz was long gone at this point. Gripping the silver bladed knife, I still didn't know what good I could do. Up on the roof was that madman. Getting these people to safety seemed the most rational thing I could think of at the moment.

Then it hit me.

I looked for the emergency break cord  but didn't see it. The smoke was too thick.
"Hey Doc! We need to stop this train! I'm heading back to the other car to pull the emergency brake cord!"

I left the burning car, and headed back between the cars to the rear observation car where I had originated.
Current PbP Games
The Artifact (Prologue) as GM
[d20M] Isle Noir: Bad Karma as GM

The Good, the Bad, and the Undead, playing as Father Ezekiel Ambrose

"When the GM smiles, it's already too late." --Anonymous Doomed Gamer

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #50 on: June 17, 2009, 06:14:04 AM »
Frank hurries to get out his Schofield and starts reloading, kneeling on the roof of the train.

j0lt

• Hong Kong
  • Browncoat
« Reply #51 on: June 17, 2009, 06:57:22 AM »
Cedric
[spoiler]
You can barely make out the form of something moving ahead of you in the smoke, but then it disappears.  Upon reaching that spot, you suddenly come across the gap between the two cars.  Nobody is there.
Spot check, please.
[/spoiler]

Frank
[spoiler]
Spot check, please.
[/spoiler]

Bones
[spoiler]
You didn't realize until you exited the burning car just how hot it was inside.  Looking around you, you spot a metal-runged ladder anchored to the exterior of the train beside the door.
[/spoiler]

Zeke
[spoiler]
You step outside the train and turn to close the door when suddenly you see the horned man swinging down towards you from the roof, feet first.  As the two of you collide, his weight carries you both off the side of the train.
Fortitude save, please.
[/spoiler]
PbP Games

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: June 17, 2009, 07:19:20 AM »
[spoiler]Spot: 22

By the way, the MiB did give me 6 bullets, not just 1, right?  :flutter :eh :bigeye[/spoiler]

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #53 on: June 17, 2009, 09:18:30 AM »
"What?! You can't pull the cord with those people on the roof, you damned fool!", Bones shouts, voice slightly muffled by his improvised mask. He's gonna get everyone here killed! Not much time before he pulls...Aww, hell. Bones yells, "You boys on the roof hold on tight!", and then sprints back to the car he just left, jumping over embers and other small conflagrations.

jacemachine