Author Topic: The Good, the Bad, and the Undead  (Read 42194 times)

jacemachine

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
  • Powered by Coffee. Driven by Insanity--
    • MySpace, not yours.
    • Email
Re: The Good, the Bad, and the Undead
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2009, 01:20:34 AM »
[spoiler]Will Save1d20+1=21[/spoiler]
Current PbP Games
The Artifact (Prologue) as GM
[d20M] Isle Noir: Bad Karma as GM

The Good, the Bad, and the Undead, playing as Father Ezekiel Ambrose

"When the GM smiles, it's already too late." --Anonymous Doomed Gamer

MasterVega

• Master of what? Well, I'm not exactly sure...
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2009, 01:29:07 AM »
[spoiler]Will Save: 14
Please wait before PMing me with the result: how do you interpret the action point rules? Can we spend an AP after we see the total roll, but before we know the results? I believe that's the standard rule, but it's also one most GM's I've talked to change. >_>
Anyhow, if you allow action point expenditure post-roll, I'd like to burn an AP on this save.[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 01:40:44 AM by MasterVega »
I might be insane, but at least I\'m not deluded...

My Art! :D

Current PbP Games:
The Good, the Bad, and the Undead as Cedric McDouglan, ex-soldier shadow hunter.

jacemachine

• MySpace, not yours.
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2009, 02:22:59 AM »
As he flipped up, I saw for a moment what looked like... horns? I knew I hadn't drank THAT much. I stood again, seeing that this indeed wasn't a robbery. No. No it certainly was not.

"What is going on here?" I said to the men with their guns drawn. I realized I too had my firearm drawn. I slipped it back into the bible holster (Bible #2), but still at the ready should I need it. That man had HORNS.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 02:32:11 AM by jacemachine »
Current PbP Games

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2009, 10:33:11 AM »
"Apparently we're having a little hunt, Father." Frank replies somewhat sarcastic.

[spoiler]J0lt, can I get up on the roof via a ladder or something? Are there ladders (or other ways to get on the roof) between the different cars as well, or just on the back car?[/spoiler]

« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 10:35:22 AM by BowenSilverclaw »
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

j0lt

• Hong Kong
  • Browncoat
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2009, 10:51:13 AM »
[spoiler]There is a ladder at the back of the observation deck, you haven't noticed whether there are ladders at the front/back of any other cars or not.  There may be, you just never bothered checking before.[/spoiler]

The singed man appears to be nearly hysterical.  "He attacked my wife and grabbed the necklace right off her neck, when I tried to stop him he set the table alight!  Now where did he go?!"
PbP Games
The Artifact (prologue) as Dr. Henry Loder, Mayan archaeologist

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2009, 12:24:35 PM »
"Up the roof." Frank replies before running to the back of the train and starting to climb up the ladder to the roof.

[spoiler]Climb: 12[/spoiler]
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

jacemachine

• MySpace, not yours.
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2009, 12:37:57 PM »
"A 'hunt'?" the words that slipped out of my mouth sounded incredulous. "That... man had ... Horns... What on earth was wrong with him?"
Current PbP Games

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2009, 12:44:09 PM »
"That ain't no normal man, Father! Heck, that thing ain't even human!" Frank yelled just before disappearing up the roof.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 01:50:46 PM by BowenSilverclaw »

MasterVega

• Email
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2009, 02:00:08 PM »
"What was he then?" Cedric asked, reminded of ridiculous fey stories for a moment before banishing the thought away and concentrating on the moment. He followed, slightly stunned from the vertigo caused by being exposed to the fast-moving surroundings. He reached the top soon enough and kept low to avoid falling.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 02:45:10 PM by MasterVega »

Current PbP Games:
The Good, the Bad, and the Undead as Cedric McDouglan, ex-soldier shadow hunter.

jacemachine

• MySpace, not yours.
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2009, 02:48:09 PM »
Listen (1d20+9=20)
Over the rackety-clakety of the train over steel rails, I could just make out the sound of someone moving across the roof of the rear observation car.

Not one to just 'sit around the coffee pot', I decided to follow. But not across the roof like those fools. That was just a heap a trouble awaitin'.

I left my seat and made my up the car towards the front of the train. I opened the door.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 06:07:10 PM by jacemachine »
Current PbP Games

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
  • Developing a relaxed attitude to danger.
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2009, 05:56:10 PM »
Bones watched the men sprint in opposite directions, then called to the irate passenger, "No time for discussin' this, somebody's determined to be a big damn hero."

Grabbing his pack of medical gear (first aid kit and medical kit), the doctor looked towards the back of the car, then shook his head. "Dammit, I'm a doctor, not an acrobat!" Instead, he pursued the preacher towards the front of the train, ears pricked for the telltale sounds of someone moving up above.

[spoiler]Listen check: 1d20+9=15 [/spoiler]

j0lt

• Hong Kong
  • Browncoat
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2009, 01:16:04 AM »
Frank and Cedric:
[spoiler]As you make your way up the ladder, you see the strange-looking man standing not 15 feet away checking his pocket watch, as if waiting impatiently for you.  When he sees you get up onto the roof, his grin returns and his eyes begin to glow red.  "Now the fun begins!  Shall we dance?"

With that, a wave of red hot flames bursts from his mouth, engulfing both of you.  And he quickly turns and runs along the train car, laughing madly.

Reflex Saves and Balance Checks, please!

Standing at the bottom of the ladder, the man in black listens to what's going on above.  When he sees the burst of flames he springs into action, rushing up onto the ladder so his head and shoulders are above the roof.  He quickly takes a shot, but it goes wide.
[/spoiler]

Zeke and Bones:
[spoiler]For a few moments, you hear nothing, then suddenly booted feet and what sounds like laughter can be heard above the noise of the train.  You'd guess he's standing somewhere around the middle of the car.

The singed man stares wide-eyed at the chaos going on around him, then suddenly faints and falls to the floor.
[/spoiler]
PbP Games
The Artifact (prologue) as Dr. Henry Loder, Mayan archaeologist

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
  • Developing a relaxed attitude to danger.
« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2009, 01:25:40 AM »
Note: Posting my actions now, as I don't want to bog things down by waiting for my turn in the initiative order and then not being able to post for hours on end (tell me if that would work better). Disregard this when making your post.

Bones curses yet again. "Preacher, get out there and help 'em!" He examines the knife the man dropped (if it's silver, he'll give it to Zeke, telling him that it'll hurt "Jack", assuming Zeke is still within earshot), then turns his attention to the passenger who fainted, drawing a few things from his pack and setting to work.

[spoiler]Bones will attempt to remove the unconscious condition from the passenger. The DC is 15...and that's my Treat Injury modifier...so let's just say I take 10 on that, shall we? I'm beginning to think I can cure a rainy day.[/spoiler]

MasterVega

• Email
« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2009, 01:33:16 AM »
[spoiler]Reflex Save: 1d20+3=19
Balance Check: 1d20+2=12 + 1d6=2 [action point] = 14 total[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Ditto the above. This is also assuming I don't fall burn to a crisp or off the train, of course.[/spoiler]

Cedric's eyes widen and he barely manages to tuck down below the thicker flames. He takes aim with his rifle and lets a shot fly. As the blaze clears away, the look of surprise is gone. Now he was only interested in killing this creature before it could kill him. He takes a quick step to the side in order to clear the ladder, but otherwise devotes his energy to keeping his gun steady on his target.
[spoiler]Attack: 1d20+5=20
Damage: 2d8=9[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 02:49:08 AM by MasterVega »

Current PbP Games:

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2009, 06:33:02 AM »
"Oh crap..." Frank lets out when seeing the flames coming from the bearded man's mouth before quickly turning around, hoping that his heavy coat will protect him somewhat.

"Thanks for the heads-up." he sarcastically remarks towards the man in black before taking aim and firing another round at 'Jack'.

[spoiler]Reflex save (Evasion): 22
Balance (Action Point): 27

Attack: 22
Damage: 14
[/spoiler]

jacemachine