Author Topic: The Good, the Bad, and the Undead  (Read 42297 times)

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
  • Developing a relaxed attitude to danger.
Re: The Good, the Bad, and the Undead
« Reply #140 on: July 02, 2009, 09:39:08 PM »
[spoiler]Wisdom check:1d20+3=7[/spoiler]

Bones glances at the sky, attempting to judge the amount of daylight left, then gives it up as a bad job. I'm a doctor, not a sundial.

j0lt

• Hong Kong
  • Browncoat
« Reply #141 on: July 03, 2009, 11:59:54 AM »
Standing up in his stirrups, Jackson scowls as he looks around.  "I don't think we'll have any chance of catching up with that thing before nightfall, and I sure as hell don't want to be tracking in the dark.  Liable to break a leg or fall in a sinkhole that way.  What do you fellas reckon we should do?  You wanna push on some more and hope we find somewhere to hole up, or should we just find a suitable spot near the tracks and set up camp?"
PbP Games
The Artifact (prologue) as Dr. Henry Loder, Mayan archaeologist

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #142 on: July 03, 2009, 04:13:23 PM »
OOC:
[spoiler]Say J0lt, can me and Cedric still see the rest of the gang? Are they close enough so we can communicate verbally?[/spoiler]
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

j0lt

• Hong Kong
  • Browncoat
« Reply #143 on: July 03, 2009, 10:18:02 PM »
[spoiler]Yes, you're usually within 20-50 feet of each other, depending on how far out of the way the winding canyons take the horses.[/spoiler]
PbP Games

jacemachine

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
  • Powered by Coffee. Driven by Insanity--
    • MySpace, not yours.
    • Email
« Reply #144 on: July 04, 2009, 08:15:55 PM »
I look around at my companions. I don't reckon I'd know too much about what a suitable spot to hole up would necessarily look like. Perhaps one of them would speak up.
Current PbP Games
The Artifact (Prologue) as GM
[d20M] Isle Noir: Bad Karma as GM

The Good, the Bad, and the Undead, playing as Father Ezekiel Ambrose

"When the GM smiles, it's already too late." --Anonymous Doomed Gamer

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #145 on: July 05, 2009, 05:10:43 AM »
"Looks like we've only got about 3, maybe 4 hours tops, 'till the sun goes down, gentlemen." Frank shouts to his companions on horseback when they're close enough.

"Any of you seen a nice spot to hole up for the night yet?"
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

jacemachine

• MySpace, not yours.
    • Email
« Reply #146 on: July 06, 2009, 11:30:13 AM »
[spoiler]Wisdom Check 1d20+1=6[/spoiler]

I look around, but I don't know anything about this sort of deal. I hadn't camped out under the stars since I was 12. As far as I was concerned, we could camp right where we were, and we'd be fine.

"Anyone have a better idea than camping here? I'm not really a Survivalist."
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 03:21:58 PM by jacemachine »
Current PbP Games

MasterVega

• Master of what? Well, I'm not exactly sure...
    • Email
« Reply #147 on: July 06, 2009, 04:28:36 PM »
"I'd prefer somewhere with fewer places to watch," Cedric remarks as he takes in his surroundings, looking for a defensible - but also easily escaped - location to set up camp.

[spoiler]Survival: 1d20+8=25[/spoiler]
I might be insane, but at least I\'m not deluded...

My Art! :D

Current PbP Games:
The Good, the Bad, and the Undead as Cedric McDouglan, ex-soldier shadow hunter.

j0lt

• Hong Kong
  • Browncoat
« Reply #148 on: July 06, 2009, 11:50:44 PM »
Cedric finds a suitable place that has plenty of room for men and horses as well as cover from the wind and prying eyes.  Not far from the main trail of bootprints, either.  The light slowly reddens as dusk approaches.  By sundown your tents and bedrolls are all out and you're sitting around a nice small fire eating whatever food you had on you when you left the train.
PbP Games

jacemachine

• MySpace, not yours.
    • Email
« Reply #149 on: July 07, 2009, 01:37:34 PM »
I sat by the fire listening to the crackle of the flames. It was nice to not be in motion, for once. First it was the train, then the horse. Nothing felt quite as nice as terra firma.

"Where we ya'll headed, back before the fiasco at the train? I've been asked to go to a small church outside of San Francisco to lead the flock until another padre arrives in a few months..."
Current PbP Games

MasterVega

• Master of what? Well, I'm not exactly sure...
    • Email
« Reply #150 on: July 07, 2009, 03:51:48 PM »
"'Ever there's steady work in construction, really," Cedric replies before taking a mouthful of water from his canteen. "Always been good at building houses, never been that good at stayin' in 'em."
I might be insane, but at least I\'m not deluded...

My Art! :D

Current PbP Games:
The Good, the Bad, and the Undead as Cedric McDouglan, ex-soldier shadow hunter.

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
  • Developing a relaxed attitude to danger.
« Reply #151 on: July 07, 2009, 04:27:04 PM »
The doctor bites the corner off a square of chocolate before answering. "Well, I travel around. Most of my work gets done on the road--I'll spend a while in town, patching people up to pay for my room and board. Occasionally, I deliver a baby. And even more rarely, I run into another critter like the one on the train."

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #152 on: July 07, 2009, 04:28:20 PM »
"Was headin' to San Fransisco myself. Didn't really have any idea yet what I was gonna do there, figured I'd just see if there'd be a job for me somewhere 'till I'd have enough money to travel again.

Like the doc here I usually don't stay in one place for too long. I didn't figure I'd encounter any critters like that hoppin' maniac though, otherwise I'd have been prepared a bit better."
Frank replies to the priest's question.

« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 04:30:31 PM by BowenSilverclaw »

jacemachine