Author Topic: Multiple Explosive Runes ?  (Read 7238 times)

Vinom

• Hong Kong
  • Rejoice, Bad things are about to happen!
    • Email
Re: Multiple Explosive Runes ?
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2009, 02:01:55 AM »
No, it was his book full of experimental spells, the magic missles with area damage, line of effect earthquake spells, just fun stuff...

I have come to the conclusion that you are rather vicious DM. Which may be a good or bad thing depending on your players tastes.

I told my players that I'd have the NPC use the same level of cheese as they do...  Most were good, but the caster got a level in wizard, sorcerer, psion, and cleric, then used three different theurges or similar classes so after level 6, everytime he took a level, it gave him an caster/manifester level in all 4 class... the BBEG wizard had a hacked wizard's book and an antimagic field on a trained animal that kept crawling into the casters robes...
A player once asked me if there was any way to make a Tarrasque more evil... 3 sessions later he was stoned with D20s as the PC led an exidus out of the path of a Dire Tarrasque of Legendary Wonder.

Quote from:  Sarda the Sage
You're a quick thinker and spiteful, I can respect that. You won't be killed, Bikke

Never trust a smiling laughing chuckling grinning emotionless drunk, you know what Never Trust a DM!

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature

Pulling off Pun-pun in 26 rounds

N00bs, because all gamers have to start somewhere

"Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from Science!"

Remember, Mobs are at least as stupid as their dumbest member.

Caelic

• Hong Kong
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2009, 12:00:14 PM »
Most were good, but the caster got a level in wizard, sorcerer, psion, and cleric, then used three different theurges or similar classes so after level 6, everytime he took a level, it gave him an caster/manifester level in all 4 class...

Out of curiosity, how exactly did he manage that?

woodenbandman

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2009, 12:21:59 PM »
^It could have been gestalt, otherwise that's some major shenaniganery right there.  :eh

Caelic

• Hong Kong
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2009, 12:55:03 PM »
^It could have been gestalt, otherwise that's some major shenaniganery right there.  :eh

Shenaniganery, even so; dual-advancement classes are verbotten in gestalt, as are prestige classes on both sides.

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2009, 01:17:09 PM »
in a game we had not to long ago we had this come up in a way. i had a DW Kobold Sorc. who focused on force damage. one of the tactics used was pebbles with explosive runes and a ring of telekinesis that also had an auto 1 on dispel checks to chunk them at enemies.  Well needless to say after some down time and the DM being stupid enough to run us through a module that had no way to account for us.  I had the party spread the pebbles around a Hitler style speach going on with a ton of drow. we ended up doing a dispel and with the runes within range of each other causing a chain reaction due to one setting off the next in the chain.
Clerics and Druids are like the 4 and 2 in 42. Together they are the answer to the ultimate question in D&D.
Retire the character before the DM smacks you with the Table as the book will feel totally inadequate now.-Hazren