Author Topic: Character Development  (Read 19787 times)

Generic_PC

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
Re: Character Development
« Reply #180 on: July 06, 2009, 10:49:21 PM »
Nah, he can feel his shirt. Don't worry about that as much.
Witty sayings? Nah, not right now. Currently playing Dwarf Fortress and League of Legends. I really recommend League of Legends.

Vinom

• Hong Kong
  • Rejoice, Bad things are about to happen!
    • Email
« Reply #181 on: July 06, 2009, 11:00:03 PM »
I'm stalling for time as I write the discriptor...
A player once asked me if there was any way to make a Tarrasque more evil... 3 sessions later he was stoned with D20s as the PC led an exidus out of the path of a Dire Tarrasque of Legendary Wonder.

Quote from:  Sarda the Sage
You're a quick thinker and spiteful, I can respect that. You won't be killed, Bikke

Never trust a smiling laughing chuckling grinning emotionless drunk, you know what Never Trust a DM!

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature

Pulling off Pun-pun in 26 rounds

N00bs, because all gamers have to start somewhere

"Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from Science!"

Remember, Mobs are at least as stupid as their dumbest member.

Generic_PC

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #182 on: July 07, 2009, 12:33:21 AM »
Turns out my description was in my first post. Woo!
Witty sayings? Nah, not right now. Currently playing Dwarf Fortress and League of Legends. I really recommend League of Legends.

Vinom

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #183 on: July 07, 2009, 12:58:58 AM »
true, but mine is gradual, tantalizing and titalating
A player once asked me if there was any way to make a Tarrasque more evil... 3 sessions later he was stoned with D20s as the PC led an exidus out of the path of a Dire Tarrasque of Legendary Wonder.

You're a quick thinker and spiteful, I can respect that. You won't be killed, Bikke

Never trust a smiling laughing chuckling grinning emotionless drunk, you know what Never Trust a DM!

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature

Shewolf

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
« Reply #184 on: July 07, 2009, 01:04:44 AM »
 :eh ...so was getting your character sheet up

Seriously though, throw us a bone here, everyone who is in the room (and isn't blind, sorry) can see ya.  So what do you look like?

Edit: my mistake, I see you've got a description up.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 01:06:44 AM by Shewolf »

Generic_PC

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #185 on: July 07, 2009, 01:16:57 AM »
:P I can hear you!!!

Shewolf

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
« Reply #186 on: July 07, 2009, 01:18:15 AM »
I don't know if you got confused when someone described a seeing-eye dog to you, but I think you may have gotten it backwards :p

Generic_PC

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #187 on: July 07, 2009, 01:32:42 AM »
I need to get one of those. but it needs to be a combat dog too. AC, how much for a guide dog? I'll train it to attack using impertanent annoying electro-boy.

Vinom

• Hong Kong
    • Email
Re: Adventure 1 - New Recruits
« Reply #188 on: July 07, 2009, 01:34:59 AM »
From what I understand of human policies, what you young metahumans will be getting out of this is a larger degree of freedom than many of your fellows.  She grinned and tilted her head, causing her large earrings to reflect the light with a flash of gold.  And really, child, Zeus?  There are much better lightning gods out there.  Try Tlaloc!  Many children, every year are sacrificed in his name.  She grinned, completely earnest.
[spoiler]She never got the memo telling her human sacrifice was frowned upon in most cultures these days :D[/spoiler]
*Cough*http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tlaloc*Cough*http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xolotl*Cough*
« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 01:55:35 AM by Vinom »

Generic_PC

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #189 on: July 07, 2009, 01:41:37 AM »
Vinom, did you read what you linked? (which probably should have been posted here)

Not to be rude, but...
Quote from: Tlaloc, Aztec Diety
Tlaloc (Classical Nahuatl: Tl?l?c IPA: [?t?a?lo?k]) was an important deity in Aztec religion, a god of rain, fertility, and water. He was a beneficent god who gave life and sustenance, but he was also feared for his ability to send hail, thunder and lightning, and for being the lord of the powerful element of water.

Admittedly, Xatotl or whatever also has Lightning, but Tlaloc is apparently more important.

Vinom

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #190 on: July 07, 2009, 01:42:42 AM »
Vinom, did you read what you linked? (which probably should have been posted here)

Not to be rude, but...
Quote from: Tlaloc, Aztec Diety
Tlaloc (Classical Nahuatl: Tl?l?c IPA: [?t?a?lo?k]) was an important deity in Aztec religion, a god of rain, fertility, and water. He was a beneficent god who gave life and sustenance, but he was also feared for his ability to send hail, thunder and lightning, and for being the lord of the powerful element of water.

Admittedly, Xatotl or whatever also has Lightning, but Tlaloc is apparently more important.
Xatotl is more primarily about lightning...

AfterCrescent

• Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #191 on: July 07, 2009, 01:50:25 AM »
I'm tired. I'll respond to everything in the morning.

Key things to note:
Keep OOC shit like links to an OOC thread. Thanks.

What we know about 'aztec mythology' does not necessarily apply in this world. Remember the Tenochca are not human. They left long before the Spanish arrived in South America, so what the world thinks it knows is actually a bastardized denomination of the truth Tenochca faith.

In this case, Shewolf wins. Xolotl was a twin of Quetzalcoatl, who was a human king, not a god. If Xolotl existed, he was mortal, human, and not worshiped by true Tenochca. End of discussion.

G'night and I'll respond to everything else in the morning.
The cake is a lie.
Need to play table top? Get your game on at:
Brilliant Gameologists' PbP Forum. Do it, you know you want to.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook
The 13th Guard - An alternate history campaign idea.
Clerics just wake up one morning and decide they need to kick ass, and it needs to be kicked NOW. ~veekie