Author Topic: Prologue: The Eye Has It  (Read 12471 times)

Simadog

• Monkey bussiness
Re: Prologue: The Eye Has It
« Reply #80 on: June 21, 2009, 11:09:38 PM »
I'm in getting my equipment on

Risada

• Grape ape
  • Wearing this outfit in the name of SCIENCE!
    • Email
« Reply #81 on: June 21, 2009, 11:38:14 PM »
I'm with the guy...

Chovox

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
  • Veritas Vos Liberabit
    • Email
« Reply #82 on: June 22, 2009, 04:30:33 AM »
@Cindel
[spoiler]I am currently gathering my equipment[/spoiler]

"Aha!" Iolair triumphantly holds a mug above his head that looks to be a little larger than his fist in size. "Here she is! My mug!" He whispers to it, and it gets heavier in his hand. Bringing it to his lips, he drains it in a couple of loud, obnoxiuos gulps, then proceeds to belch loudly. Before putting it away, Iolair appears to whisper "You know I love you the most..." to it before packing it away with the rest of his equipment.

@David Shieldheart
[spoiler]
I'm in getting my equipment on

I take it that this means I see you putting on all the equipment on your character sheet?
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: June 22, 2009, 04:41:15 AM by Chovox »

Cindel

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #83 on: June 22, 2009, 10:19:07 AM »
[spoiler]I'll assume that all of you are in the tunnel re-equipping. Ya'll can make a listen check if you'd like.[/spoiler]

Padge stops abruptly and looks towards the ceiling. He sighs heavily and becomes a little jittery. "It sounds like Roxxilledrinthe is on the move again. I would not suggest going up there for a while." He begins to walk away, towards one end of the tunnel. "There's a secret tunnel over here we can use to get us away from that beast."
My friends went to GenCon and all they brought back for me was this lousy signature...

Currently running: Sometimes You Can't Go Home

Risada

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #84 on: June 22, 2009, 10:25:42 AM »
"I wonder.... can we trust you? A few moments ago you were keeping us locked up in the slammer... what if there's a trap that way and you intend on throwing us in?"

OOC:
[spoiler]Listen check: 1d20-1=2[/spoiler]

EDIT: forgot the color  :banghead

Madgeon

• Monkey bussiness
  • Let me sing you a song. Any requests?
« Reply #85 on: June 22, 2009, 05:42:50 PM »
Madgeon listens intently to Padge.
[spoiler]Sense motive: 1d20+1=2 Great, I don't know whether or not he is telling the truth.[/spoiler]
Madgeon straightens his stance and grips his rapier a little tighter. Padge, where does this secret tunnel lead? And yes, are there any traps? Mind you - the dragon-born. He points to Skern and Garret. Also, Padge, I think you should make yourself comfortable with us. I don't think any of us are ready to let you out of our sight. Now, Skern, Garret, will you two keep a watchful hand on Padge until we can release him in town? Or, I imagine some of you would want to hand him to a magistrate, but I am consoled to let him go free and let fate and The Fair Lady be his judge. Who wants to enter the secret tunnel first?

Cindel

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #86 on: June 22, 2009, 06:39:25 PM »
[spoiler]You can all make sense motive rolls for this.[/spoiler]

"No, there are no traps. I assure you that I mean you no harm. You have me captured and that means I'm safe from Vil's temper. Why would I do something to put myself back under his watchful eye? That is, of course, if he is still alive." He eyes the large dragon-born man again, trying to smile slightly, then waves his hands towards the tunnel wall. "Please, there isn't much time before that thing begins blasting his ray through the ground to find us."
My friends went to GenCon and all they brought back for me was this lousy signature...

Risada

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #87 on: June 22, 2009, 07:24:12 PM »
Hallate pays attention to Padge, still doubting his intentions.

OOC:
[spoiler]
Sense motive: 1d20-1=15
Finally! A good roll for a change!!!
[/spoiler]

"You better at least say to us where this tunnel will take us..."

Cindel

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #88 on: June 22, 2009, 08:18:57 PM »
"It'll take us to another clearing on the other side of the main road. Should be far enough for us to escape to the city, if you are so inclined to head there.

@Hallate:
[spoiler]He seems to be telling you the truth.[/spoiler]

Risada

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #89 on: June 22, 2009, 08:26:21 PM »
Hallate turns towards his new companions.

"Alright, then. I guess this is our best bet... might as well go with it..." Then turns into Padge. "Let's just hope you don't betray us midway..."

Simadog

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #90 on: June 22, 2009, 11:25:50 PM »
Sense motive:
[spoiler]Sense motive (1d20+3=18)[/spoiler]

Listen check:
[spoiler]Listen check (1d20-1=18)[/spoiler]

Madgeon

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #91 on: June 23, 2009, 12:46:46 AM »
Very well. I think one of the brutish among us should lead the way, and yet another to take up the rear.
But, all in all, Padge is good to remind us - that thing is still a danger to all of us. So, let's get going. Well, what do you all think?

Madgeon saunters over to the secret tunnel entrance, fidgeting with his sword, pensively looking about as if the Eye were ready to break through after them.

Chovox

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
  • Veritas Vos Liberabit
    • Email
« Reply #92 on: June 23, 2009, 03:13:56 PM »
"I'll go. I am eager to be aboveground anyway." Iolair flexes his hands into fists, bringing his claws to bear. "Unlike my patron spirit, underground travel is NOT my strong suit." With a cautious grin, he begins to head down the tunnel.

Madgeon

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #93 on: June 23, 2009, 05:01:09 PM »
Madgeon starts into the tunnel, after Iolair, and motions with his hand.
Come, Padge. Show us the way.

Vellos

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #94 on: June 23, 2009, 06:11:10 PM »
Here, Let me lead. I am great at finding traps ether crafted or natural. and am quite accustomed to underground life. Skern slips passed Ioliar cautiously and starts down the secret path. try to stay a short length behind me, in case something does happen, you do not get caught in it as well.

[spoiler]Search for traps (1d20+10=12)
Move silently (1d20+16=34)[/spoiler]

Madgeon

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #95 on: June 24, 2009, 12:00:49 AM »
Madgeon chuckles at Skerns eagerness and sings merrily.
Well if the sun shines so bright,
or on our way it's darkest night
The road we choose is always right, so fine.

Cindel

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #96 on: June 24, 2009, 06:16:04 PM »
Padge holds his hands in the air. "Please, to prove my intent, allow me to go first. That way, if there are any traps, they'll hit me first."

He turns and begins walking towards the wall, pulls a hidden switch, and a piece of it slides open. He grabs one of the lit torches hanging in the room and begins walking into the hidden tunnel. He stops for a second, cocks his head and appears to be listening. "It sounds like our friend has returned to the grove. We haven't much time. Please hurry behind me. Whoever follows last, please close the door with this." He taps his hand on the wall, but quickly moves the torch away, not letting anybody get a good look at the hidden switch that closes the door from the other side. He resumes walking down the tunnel, this time at a quickened pace.

Vellos

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #97 on: June 24, 2009, 07:55:18 PM »
since we seem to have someone to lead the way, I will stay and ensure the door closes behind us.
Skern checks the area where the switch seemed to be then steps aside to allow the rest to pass.

[spoiler]Search for Secret Switch (1d20+10=27)[/spoiler]

Simadog

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #98 on: June 24, 2009, 08:27:28 PM »
David grabs one of the lit torches hanging in the room and follows a step or two after Padge

Risada

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #99 on: June 24, 2009, 08:35:07 PM »
Hallate follows, his hand in his trusty sword.

"Let's go then. Big eye is coming..."