Author Topic: Prologue: The Eye Has It  (Read 12443 times)

Simadog

• Monkey bussiness
Re: Prologue: The Eye Has It
« Reply #60 on: June 16, 2009, 01:56:07 AM »
when hearing Madgeon's moving ply for peace I try and add him in his endeavor to win over the Kobold "yes fellow you seam lick a reasonable fellow so whats it going to be?"
[spoiler]add Madgeon in Diplomacy (1d20+2=19) and i do + 2 for Madgeon [/spoiler]

to Madgeon in a whisper: for the safety of all I hope this works 
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 01:59:22 AM by Simadog »

Madgeon

• Monkey bussiness
  • Let me sing you a song. Any requests?
« Reply #61 on: June 16, 2009, 06:17:43 PM »
. . .whispers back to David, Open the cages; free everyone. Strength in numbers. Madgeon scans the grove while keeping his arms raised in surrender, his posture still towards the Kobald. He hopes that his clumsiness and Shieldheart's ourburst won't attract more attentiont to the grove, especially - the Eye. Oh, Blessed Lady, please let this Kobold be reasonable. May he be friend, not foe. May any sliver of ill-will disolve for the sake of these and the glory of your name.

Vellos

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #62 on: June 16, 2009, 08:48:09 PM »
so.. you all were brought here too?... the puzzled look growing even thicker as the bow is lowered.
do any of you have any idea what is going on?
Skern slowly approaches one of the still locked cages and manipulates his own block over the opening he had seen the others use.

Risada

• Grape ape
  • Wearing this outfit in the name of SCIENCE!
    • Email
« Reply #63 on: June 16, 2009, 10:49:35 PM »
"It seemed like those two were bandits, at first. But I really don't know."

Hallate pauses for a second.

"And I don't mean you any harm... as long as you don't poke me with those arrows..."

Simadog

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #64 on: June 16, 2009, 11:12:42 PM »
moves and finishes unlocking the rest of the cages

maybe we all shod fined are stuff and get out of hear be for that thing comes back by the way any one know what that thing was?
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 12:54:09 AM by Simadog »

Madgeon

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #65 on: June 17, 2009, 12:55:41 AM »
I don't have any idea what is going on. I was on my way into town, my usual route, I blacked out and awoke inside this cage. Very shortly these two "bandits", who kept calling us "the stock", show up and then this monsterous, slobbering Eye shows up and zaps one of them Vil (nope it was Talon), I think, which we manage to get this device from him. And now you have happened upon us. I don't know if the others can add anything. What is your name, Kobald, and have you seen any other activity? I move to the stuff discarded by the guards and start looking through it. Please, let my mandolin turn up, at least. My Uncle James "Jimmy" Page will have my hide if I return from my ventures without it.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 01:47:48 AM by Madgeon »

psypher

• Noob
  • My Galactic Dominion is at hand
    • Email
« Reply #66 on: June 17, 2009, 04:11:12 AM »
"I've about had it with all this. Feel the icy power of justice, mankeeper."

[spoiler]I use my Frost Helm's Ice Ray on the bars
4d6=12 Should be plenty cold enough for my purposes. Now that they're frozen I attack them with my Incarnate Weapon[/spoiler]

Lasers are among the most dangerous creatures in the universe.

Vellos

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #67 on: June 17, 2009, 12:42:21 PM »
My name is Skern, though I wish I could explain more. I was leaving on my own adventure when everything around me started to feel distant, then suddenly I am face to face with a horrendous creature. I was knocked down and when i awoke all i could see was what appeared to be ropes where the creature may have been kept captive. while I was investigating i heard a horrible shriek. and I guess my curiosity got the better of me, since I started heading twords it. along the way here I stumbled onto a man who collapsed in front of me. as you can see, I not so stout a build to be able to drag a human around so I left him. and thats when i stumbled onto you all in the cages. that is all i know. though... could someone tell me where this is?
Skern glances around from face to face, his old eyes jumping from one to the other expectantly. then pause for a moment on the trap door the last man just ran into as you see his curiosity start to take over again.

Madgeon

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #68 on: June 17, 2009, 04:18:33 PM »
We are in a grove a half-mile from the road that leads to Baldur's Gate. . . er wait let me think.

[spoiler]Are we near Baldur's Gate? Knowledge(Geography):1d20+6=15 [/spoiler]

As he is thinking he stares at Psypher and mutters, He comes from the land of ice and snow where the midnight sun and hot springs blow. . . oh, that's good, I gotta... where's a blasted pen and parchment in this junk?
@ Lukas/Psypher
Lukas is it? Uh, you do realize you're free. . . But hey, I think it's cool you wanna smash your cage. It's therapeutic isn't it? If I had your strength and powers I would do the same. Alas, Eilistraee has not gifted me so. . . Continues to look through the stuff.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 04:27:01 PM by Madgeon »

Risada

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #69 on: June 17, 2009, 07:43:26 PM »
While helping with the search for their equipment, Hallate says:

"I seriously want to leave this place as fast as possible. Anyone got any hint where they threw our stuff?"

OOC:
[spoiler]Can I do a Search roll untrained? Anyone can make a roll for me? Invisible Castle is blocked here in my job...[/spoiler]

Simadog

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #70 on: June 17, 2009, 09:18:05 PM »
Search for Hallate
[spoiler]Search roll (1d20 +2=8)[/spoiler]

after letting the rest out I start looking for me stuff
[spoiler]Search (1d20+1=8)[/spoiler]

Vellos

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #71 on: June 17, 2009, 09:26:22 PM »
Baldur's Gate....Baldur's gate... hmm.. I'm afraid I have no idea where in Fury's Heart that is..

@Hallate:
Here let me help you. what are you looking for exactly?

[spoiler]Search for Hallate's equipment (1d20 + 10=27) I think I found everything... even his secret journal..   :P[/spoiler]

@all
we may also may want to move from this place as soon as possible. so if that creature does come back it doesnt find us here with our guard down.

Cindel

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #72 on: June 18, 2009, 12:09:05 AM »
After a fastidious search of the area, you manage to locate a small network of tunnels spanning the grove with two separate entrances, one to the north and one to the south. The entrances include a door with various foliage on top so as to conceal the openings when the door is closed. After searching inside the tunnels, you do indeed locate your equipment in various corners. You also find the remaining bandit who entered the tunnel huddled in a corner behind a box. He seems rather nervous that you have all managed to escape.

After realizing that he has been discovered, he decides to slink out from cover very slowly. He appears unarmed. "What do you want? I imagine that you believe me responsible for your treatment. But I assure you that I'm not. I was merely in charge of containing the beasts, both of which are running rampant somewhere in the forest around us. We must leave at once."
My friends went to GenCon and all they brought back for me was this lousy signature...

Currently running: Sometimes You Can't Go Home

Risada

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #73 on: June 18, 2009, 08:24:09 AM »
Hallate puts a serious, almost pissed face.

"Before leaving, though, I want a explanation about you, your friend and whatever boss is ordering you around... unless you want to keep company to your big eyed friend? OR at least why you imprisoned us in the first place..."

Sambo

• Monkey bussiness
  • I'm gonna make a supersonic man outta you!!
« Reply #74 on: June 18, 2009, 03:49:57 PM »
As Garret hastily dons his equipment and gathers his supplies, he draws forth ink, pen, and parchment and begins to jot a few notes.."What is going on here?? We face near death at the hands (or should I say eyes??) of a beholder...just to be freed by this kobold?? And not just any kobold...one which bears the markings of a green dragon's blessing...or curse....I wonder what his plans are....I must keep a close watch on this one for now. Tiamat will not get the best of Garret Thorngage!"

After he finishes writing, he extends a clawed hand shake towards Madgeon-@Madgeon:"Thank you for finally figuring out that mechanism my friend!I thought I was done for inside that broken cage....Anyways....I thought i heard you mention an instrument of some kind earlier?? I wish to chronicle the events that seem to be unfolding here....perhaps you can use your talents to write a song about the endeavors of our motley group here??? I'm sure the two of us would make an excellent team!(garret quickly composes him self as he realizes he is rambling and puts on a more serious face) But for now let's focus on getting out of here alive...."

he turns to skern and eyes him suspiciously-@skern: "I don't know what your motives are for helping us but i will be watching you..."

Points@Hallate and turns to bandit-@bandit: "Like he said....I believe you owe us some answers! What is the meaning of all this?? And who is behind it all??" Garret approaches the bandit and bares his teeth...[spoiler]intimidate check to force information from him= 1d20 2=22 Yay for nat 20!![/spoiler]
we need a million cc's of squeem o' goblin, stat!!

Vellos

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #75 on: June 18, 2009, 08:54:25 PM »
Skern tilts his head and raises a brow at Garret's words. re-focusing his attention on the huddled bandit he stays quiet waiting for the Bandit's reply

Madgeon

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #76 on: June 19, 2009, 07:52:41 PM »
Madgeon shook Garret's hand in return, and smiled rather proudly.Glad to have met your acquaitance friend. I pray that goodwill comes of our adventures together. And yes, he tapped his temple, I am making note of these happenings myself for future compositions.
Having thoroughly checked all his gear, especially his beloved mandolin, which he found horridly out-of-tune, he found all was in order.
After seeing the cowering guard and hearing his alibi, Madgeon senses all is not a'right.
As Garret steps foward growling, Madgeon briskly steps foward and stands shoulder-to-shoulder to Garret with his back to the guard.
He wispers to Garret, He's lieing. You - bad cop. Me - good cop.
Madgeon swiftly turns and faces the guard. Pulling his rapier out with one hand and the other, as if it were a rope and not a sword, he pokes it into the ground and strikes a pose, as if the sword were a cane and sighs knowingly.Sir, are we not men of reason? Tell us, what is your name? And I pray you, tell us all you know, truthfully. For, I can not speak for all hear, but we do have two dragon-born among us who may not want to dialogue with you as I am asking of you now. Madgeon finishes, lifting his chin as he emphasizes the last few words and stares gravely at the guard.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2009, 08:05:17 PM by Madgeon »

Madgeon

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #77 on: June 19, 2009, 08:01:51 PM »
We are in a grove a half-mile from the road that leads to Baldur's Gate. . . er wait let me think.

>>DM<<:
[spoiler]Are we near Baldur's Gate? Knowledge(Geography):1d20+6=15 [/spoiler]

« Last Edit: June 20, 2009, 12:05:05 AM by Madgeon »

Simadog

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #78 on: June 21, 2009, 07:20:33 PM »

OCC
[spoiler]where is the DM???[/spoiler]

Cindel

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #79 on: June 21, 2009, 10:51:02 PM »
The bandit stands and stares blankly for a moment as everybody gathers their equipment. He seems to slowly creep away from Garret, obviously uneasy at the appearance of his threatening gesture. He turns to address Madgeon, but keeps an unwary eye on Garret. "Uh...um. My name is Padge. We were sent here to collect subjects. Uh...our boss told us to use the beasts as a weapon to contain the individuals as they would surely be using magic. I don't know his name, so don't ask. Vil generally kept us in the dark. And..uhhh..." He stops for a moment, intensely eyeing Garret now. He creeps a little further away, still talking to Madgeon. "As you can see, our efforts to contain them didn't work too well."

[spoiler]I need to know who's still outside and who's under the ground in the tunnels. IS there anybody still outside or did everybody come down here?[/spoiler]
My friends went to GenCon and all they brought back for me was this lousy signature...

Currently running: Sometimes You Can't Go Home