Author Topic: Walker in the Waste Questions.  (Read 2669 times)

HotSoup

• Monkey bussiness
Walker in the Waste Questions.
« on: June 07, 2009, 09:56:57 AM »
I'm going to be playing this class in soon with some friends, but I'm having a hard time finding information or clarification on some things.

This class is in sandstorm, on page 90+

Dessicating touch.
It says it does xD6 dessication damage, and i've read the small bar about dessication near the beginning of the book, but it never clarifies if this touch attack actually dessicates the enemy, that is, to dehydrate them, and make this damage cureable by drinking. It also never states at what rate this damage is healed from doing so. What is the purpose of this ability doing dessication damage if it does NOT dehydrate? Just different damage type to get around DR or other such things?

Create Sand Golem
It doesen't exactly explain much on the creation process of this. I've never played a class that has created a golem though, so that may be the cause of my confusion. Now it says I need shapesand, some volcanish ash and powders worth 2,000 gp and a craft check... Than what? He's done? or do I have to use the crafting table below that? Which requires mass amounts of gold and XP. I would assume this is not so, hence why it's a special ability. Someone just run me through how I am supposed to make one. :banghead

Create Salt Mummy
With this one, I can't find anywhere the information about making one. I have checked all through the walker in the waste info aswell as the salt mummy. Maybe I'm missing something.

Now, about becomming a dry lich. It says I need these canopic jars.. I don't beleive they are purchasable. Does this mean I must craft them? Do I need craft wonderous item?  Also, I know each of these carries one of my organs and they are my phylactery but do they all function independantly? As in, If someone were to destroy 4 of the jars and slay me, I still have 1 jar left with which to resurect? or must I have all 5 jars left?

Thank you! :)

McPoyo

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
Re: Walker in the Waste Questions.
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2009, 01:11:07 PM »
Desiccating damage just gets around a lot of immunities and resistances.

Crafting the sand golem requires two different things. You have to make the body, and then enchant it as the golem. The class ability just removes the need of the Craft Construct feat. So you get together the 1000 cubic feet of Shapesand, the 2k gp worth of powders and volcanic ash, and then make the dc 15 sculpting check. If you succeed, then you have an inert sand golem body.

Then you have to enchant it. That requires providing the Awaken Sand, Fuse Sand, and Geas/Quest spells. You have to be at least level 14, and requires 27k gp in materials in addition to the body, and 920 xp paid by yourself. It takes 50 days to enchant, spending 8 hours per day working on it, just like any other magic item would.

You're SOL on the salt mummy thing. Afaik, no one has managed to find an official answer on what they left out of the book to finish that one.

As long as at least 1 of the jars is intact, you can reform.

[Spoiler]
A gygaxian dungeon is like the world's most messed up game show.

Behind door number one: INSTANT DEATH!
Behind door number 2: A magic crown!
Behind door number 3: 4d6 giant bees, and THREE HUNDRED POUNDS OF HONEY!
They don't/haven't, was the point. 3.5 is as dead as people not liking nice tits.

Sometimes, their tits (3.5) get enhancements (houserules), but that doesn't mean people don't like nice tits.

Though sometimes, the surgeon (DM) botches them pretty bad...
Best metaphor I have seen in a long time.  I give you much fu.
Three Errata for the Mage-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Barbarian-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Monks doomed to die,
One for the Wizard on his dark throne
In the Land of Charop where the Shadows lie.
[/spoiler]