Author Topic: Improving innate spell-like abilities, how?  (Read 2892 times)

Salt_Crow

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
Improving innate spell-like abilities, how?
« on: June 07, 2009, 09:10:58 AM »
Hey all ;)

I was wondering if there was any feat that actually gave increased caster level to spell-like abilities.

Also, is there any other feats apart from: empower/maximise/quicken/assorted metamagicked spell-like abilities, ability focus that improve your spell-like abilities?

Jedda

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
Re: Improving innate spell-like abilities, how?
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2009, 03:16:17 PM »
I don't know about improving caster level but there's a forgotten realms regional feat call 'magic in the blood' that lets you use each spell like three times a day instead of once.

I guess it depends which spell-likes you're looking at, I believe some advance with HD but afb so can't be sure.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2009, 05:18:21 PM »
Some of the feats in the Book of Vile Darkness can be used on each of your SLAs twice per day.

Boost Spell-like Ability
Corrupt Spell-like Ability
Violate Spell-like Ability

There are also versions of Empower/Quicken/etc. which can be used on each SLA you have 2/day.

Mortalbane from the same book is also very nice.

In short, warlocks love BoVD. :D
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 05:20:37 PM by Prime32 »
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Omen of Peace

• Hong Kong
  • Wise Madman
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2009, 08:57:20 PM »
There's Supernatural Transformation in Savage Species, to make it Su (which means no SR, no concentrating, and an autoscaling DC). You do lose out on all the SLA feats though.
The Malazan Book of the Fallen, Steven Erikson

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2009, 09:19:55 PM »
There's Supernatural Transformation in Savage Species, to make it Su (which means no SR, no concentrating, and an autoscaling DC). You do lose out on all the SLA feats though.
Technically that feat only applies to "innate" SLAs, defined as ones which come from your race. I've seen DMs allow it for warlocks anyway.
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

AfterCrescent

• Honorary Moderator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2009, 09:31:46 PM »
Technically that feat only applies to "innate" SLAs, defined as ones which come from your race. I've seen DMs allow it for warlocks anyway.
The title of the thread is for innate SLA. ;)
The cake is a lie.
Need to play table top? Get your game on at:
Brilliant Gameologists' PbP Forum. Do it, you know you want to.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook
The 13th Guard - An alternate history campaign idea.
Clerics just wake up one morning and decide they need to kick ass, and it needs to be kicked NOW. ~veekie

Kaelik

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2009, 03:37:39 PM »

Actually, that feat is for "innate" SLAs that is totally undefined. And you'll be hard pressed to convince me that the SLAs I get from being descended from Demons aren't innate.