Author Topic: Paragon/Chaos Monk/Sacred Fist  (Read 3312 times)

dither

• Hong Kong
  • Breaking the ninth wall
Paragon/Chaos Monk/Sacred Fist
« on: June 07, 2009, 06:48:31 AM »
edit: Most of my problems are rendered moot by using the Chaos Monk Class. Thanks, all.

I failed my Spot vs. Hide in Plain Sight. Good to be reminded why cooperative games are awesome.  :D

I had this idea for a build to recreate a character one of my players had from several years ago, which wasn't possible at the time with the WotC books available. I'd kinda like to try and build it, but I've been out of the CO loop for some time, and I wondered if I might be able to get some help with this.

What I'm looking at right now is:
Human Paragon 1/Favored Soul 1/Battle Dancer 7/Human Paragon 1/Sacred Fist 10

I'm looking at this, and the sadness of this is making me want to cry; I'd love to get all 3 levels of Human Paragon, and the way I'm using it right now is so I can make sure and pick up Stunning Fist by 10th level.

There's no real limit to the sources that can be used to create the character, though I prefer no setting-specific material.

The character is Chaotic Good, and I won't stand for any alignment cheese, I'd like to use Battle Dancer (Dragon Compendium) to achieve the flavor and the monk-equivalent-abilities for the Sacred Fist. I'd like to take Sacred Fist by 11th level at the latest.

I'd like to use the Human Paragon @ 1st level, to get Knowledge (religion) via Adaptive Learning to qualify for Sacred Fist. Now, since I won't be able to take monk, I'll have to (probably) get the Stunning Fist feat the hard way, unless someone is aware of another way to get Stunning Fist? I'm not too worried about the actual class used to achieve divine spellcasting, though something that meshes with the flavor of a "Paragon/Freedom Fighter/Divine Spellfist" would be preferable. Does anyone have any suggestions for this mess?

I think the major points to hit are thus:

• Human Paragon at 1st level
  • Get Stunning Fist by 10th level without dipping monk
  • Incorporate Battle Dancer, if possible

Of course, I'm not sure if Paragon classes can even be taken at 1st level. Since this is for an NPC now, I don't know if it really matters, since I can "DM Fiat" it away, but I'd like it to be as legit as possible, and furthermore, I'd like to actually try and optimize it, insofar as it's possible.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 07:36:01 PM by dither »
"Stuck between a rogue and a bard place."

vanity
Read my webcomic!
Dither's Amazing Changing Avatars

[spoiler]
Quote from: Shadowhunter
Quote from: Flay Crimsonwind
"Vegeta! What does the scouter say about Dither's power level?"
It's over nine thousand!

Quote from: Bauglir
Quote from: Anklebite
Quote from: dither
Well blow me down! :P
A SECTION OF THE CAVERN HAS COLLAPSED!
dither, Miner, has died after colliding with an obstacle!
[/spoiler]

woodenbandman

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
Re: Challenge: Paragon/Battle Dancer/Sacred Fist?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2009, 11:47:21 AM »
Chaos Monk? You've already got Battle Dancer out of Dragon Magazine, why not use Chaos Monk? Unless you're opposed to using monk ever, rather than just the lawful shtick.

dither

• Hong Kong
  • Breaking the ninth wall
Re: Challenge: Paragon/Battle Dancer/Sacred Fist?
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2009, 06:11:49 PM »
Chaos Monk? You've already got Battle Dancer out of Dragon Magazine, why not use Chaos Monk? Unless you're opposed to using monk ever, rather than just the lawful shtick.

I tried to look up the Chaos Monk online, is it a PrC? Can you send me a link? Is it (legally) available online?
"Stuck between a rogue and a bard place."

vanity
Read my webcomic!
Dither's Amazing Changing Avatars

[spoiler]
Quote from: Shadowhunter
Quote from: Flay Crimsonwind
"Vegeta! What does the scouter say about Dither's power level?"
It's over nine thousand!

Quote from: Bauglir
Quote from: Anklebite
Quote from: dither
Well blow me down! :P
A SECTION OF THE CAVERN HAS COLLAPSED!
dither, Miner, has died after colliding with an obstacle!
[/spoiler]