Author Topic: Transfer Enchantment.  (Read 7384 times)

Dan2

• Honorary Moderator
  • Hong Kong
  • Wizicist
Re: Transfer Enchantment.
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2009, 04:51:06 PM »
Neither of those have to do with the types as described in the ritual.
The ritual doesn't delineate by categories, it delineates by types, and it very clearly shows how it delineates the types.

The page I listed is the list of "premade orbs" yes, but the enchantments on those "premade orbs" are also the only enchantments listed in the PHB that can be applied to an orb through any ritual.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 04:53:38 PM by Dan2 »

AlterFrom

• Donkey Kong
  • Super Special Awesome
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2009, 04:53:52 PM »
ELADRIN SWORD WIZARDRY
Prerequisite: Dex 13, eladrin, wizard
Benefit: You can wield a longsword as an implement
when using wizard powers. Your longsword
adds its enhancement bonus to attack rolls and
damage rolls and any extra damage granted by a
property (if applicable) when used as an implement.
You do not gain your weapon proficiency bonus to

You only get to treat your longsword as an implement when you use a power; enchanting it is most definitely not a using a power.
Siggy
[spoiler]TIRED OF TRYING TO MANAGE FILES ACROSS SEVERAL COMPUTERS? GET DROPBOX AND SIMPLIFY THE PROCESS!

xkcd. It Rocks.

Tick, tock, Tick, tock...

FYI: I lose a couple years off my life anytime I see I have a PM.

We're ALL rules lawyers here. The BEST at what we do, too. It's like a Tom Grisham novel in which everybody at the top law firm is a dirty crook, but they all know the rules so well that TECHNICALLY speaking, they aren't breaking them...:eh

[/spoiler]

atrocity05

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2009, 05:05:43 PM »
It also says you can wield it as if it was an implement, not that it turns the sword into an implement.  As written, it does not seem like it could count as an implement type, just that you can wield it like it was.  The type for sword does not change to implement.

awaken DM golem

• Organ Grinder
  • PAO'd my Avatar
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2009, 08:50:10 PM »
My limited understanding, of what to do with TE ritual ...

(1) ... say you have a Weapon
(2) ... that doesn't work with Rain Of Blows
(3) ... and you do have a weapon, that does work with ROB, but you want the "bad" weapon's modifier thingy on the "good" weapon
(4) ... this ritual solves that problem

As usual, it gets cheap around 8 to 10 levels later, after the level of the ritual.
I'd rather have the Consult Oracle ritual, and plan a little better.
But a DM can screw up any plan, and TE ritual, is a way around a difficult DM.

Francis B

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2009, 02:11:32 AM »
Which just lets the wizard turn the longsword as an implement.  Making it fit both catagories above.

Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition is a exception based design. Meaning that everything conforms to the way things are normally handled, in this case, all implements are one type, until they are no longer treated that way in a specific example. For instance, shifting provokes no attack from your opponent, but the Combat Challenge ability is an exception to that rule. Just like orbs, staves, rods, and other implements being treated as their own category is an exception to the rule that all implements are categorized as implements. Ordinarily, that is true, but when using Transfer Enchantment, you are limited by the specific rules of Transfer Enchantment.