Author Topic: Houserules and Policy  (Read 1365 times)

Cindel

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
Houserules and Policy
« on: June 02, 2009, 02:46:01 AM »
Here's the nitty gritty. The law!

Firstly, make sure your posts go in the appropriate thread. Posts that don't belong will either be moved or deleted. I'd like to keep the board clean.

Also, I'll just have the one post in here and have the house rules written as we come up with them. Over in Suggestions, feel free to bring up any house rules you'd like to see.

These are in no particular order:

1.) Everybody will get full hit points. Don't celebrate and think it means things will be easier. It simply means I get to hit to you harder.  :smirk

2.) As far as posting goes, I'd like everybody to be able to be as active as possible, especially when the story thread is in full swing. Understandably, life does get in the way and you may not be on for a while. This will be our posting policy:
     a.) If you haven't posted for a period of 7 days and the need arises for your interaction, I'll put the character on AP(autopilot)
     b.) If the game is held up because your character has something crucial that they need to interact with, the waiting period will be 3 days before they're on AP.
     c.) If you're going to be gone for a marked period of time, let me know and I'll AP your character until your triumphant return.
     d.) AP will consist of me doing the following: Under no circumstance will I do something to allow your character to be killed, severely altered, or otherwise damaged while under DM control. Damage received in combat, ammunition expended, and minor forms of alteration can occur when appropriate. Interaction with players and NPC's will exist to a minimum, just enough to keep the story going.
     e.) Abuse will be dealt with accordingly. Please don't tell me you're going to be gone as soon as the Balor shows up to smash your faces so you can avoid me killing you off while you're on AP.

3.) Due to the nature of us not having "sessions" on this format, experience will be awarded on a "by encounter" basis. Leveling can occur on this basis as well. Please please please let me know when your character levels. Make sure your XP total is somewhere on your sheet.

4.) There will be a small XP bonus for posting in the game thread. This XP bonus will be 10 points multiplied by your level. You will be allowed a maximum of 10 posts a week that will count towards this bonus. So, for instance, if your level is 6, your bonus will be 60 points per post up to a maximum of 600 points per week. On each Sunday, I'll total up the bonus XP and award accordingly.

5.) In the game thread, please keep the posts consistent with the game in progress. Don't start talking about the weather just to pick up bonus XP. Leave the banter for the "In character banter" thread.

6.) When posting in the game thread, type descriptions using normal type. Thoughts can be conveyed through italics. Dialogue your character speaks can be typed in your chosen color.

More to follow...
« Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 10:24:29 AM by Cindel »
My friends went to GenCon and all they brought back for me was this lousy signature...

Currently running: Sometimes You Can't Go Home

Vellos

• Monkey bussiness
Re: Houserules and Policy
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2009, 05:55:59 PM »

1.) Everybody will get full hit points. Don't celebrate and think it means things will be easier. It simply means I get to hit to you harder.  :smirk

I'm assuming you mean max per level, right?

Cindel

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
Re: Houserules and Policy
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2009, 06:39:00 PM »
Affirmative...
My friends went to GenCon and all they brought back for me was this lousy signature...

Currently running: Sometimes You Can't Go Home