Author Topic: Someone should start a Naruto game  (Read 17450 times)

ArcaneJazz

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
Re: Someone should start a Naruto game
« Reply #100 on: July 27, 2009, 05:24:11 PM »
The problem with that is that in Shippuden Lee can walk on water, which would require him to gain psionic focus. If he doesn't have that flaw then who does? :p

That is why I had the alternative concentration rule. He is capable of molding chakra in the basic ways, but not into jutsu. If he couldnt even access his chakra, he wouldnt be able to move super fast and hit super hard xD

Nothing's forcing people to take full manifesting classes.

Did I say there was? I dont understand >.> I just wanted to remove classes that go completely against the mechanics/theme in naruto. Spells would do that. But I took back what I said about martial adepts already. Even Samurai exist in the Narutoverse.
10+ yrs. of roleplay experience, yet I still dunno what the crap I'm doing >__<

1% of DM's started their first campaign in outer space. If you're one of the 99% that didn't, you're not as weird as me xD

My Games:
Naruto: Eyes of Fate - DM
Leras - Keness Orlen

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #101 on: July 27, 2009, 05:29:50 PM »
The problem with that is that in Shippuden Lee can walk on water, which would require him to gain psionic focus. If he doesn't have that flaw then who does? :p

That is why I had the alternative concentration rule. He is capable of molding chakra in the basic ways, but not into jutsu. If he couldnt even access his chakra, he wouldnt be able to move super fast and hit super hard xD

I edited my last post. As the last post of a page it's easy to miss, so I shall quote myself.

Nothing's forcing people to take full manifesting classes.

EDIT: Also...

Rock Lee
Might Guy

For the vampire guy, might I suggest the Body Leech PrC? It was used in that thread's Sasori build.
I should also mention this.

If someone wants to play a puppeteer (and isn't reflavouring a thrallherd), I recommend the Ectopic Form feat from Complete Psionic (as well as the constructor PrC, which the PNB thread already mentions)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 06:03:43 PM by Prime32 »
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Vinom

• Hong Kong
  • Rejoice, Bad things are about to happen!
    • Email
« Reply #102 on: July 27, 2009, 05:50:47 PM »
For the vampire guy, might I suggest the Body Leech PrC? It was used in that thread's Sasori build.
Ya, I found a PrC :love

of course I'll replace that cocoon with a coffien
A player once asked me if there was any way to make a Tarrasque more evil... 3 sessions later he was stoned with D20s as the PC led an exidus out of the path of a Dire Tarrasque of Legendary Wonder.

Quote from:  Sarda the Sage
You're a quick thinker and spiteful, I can respect that. You won't be killed, Bikke

Never trust a smiling laughing chuckling grinning emotionless drunk, you know what Never Trust a DM!

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature

Pulling off Pun-pun in 26 rounds

N00bs, because all gamers have to start somewhere

"Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from Science!"

Remember, Mobs are at least as stupid as their dumbest member.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #103 on: July 27, 2009, 06:00:40 PM »

We can worry about why a guy who steals peoples' bodies isn't a missing-nin later. :p (you know, like every canon character who does that)
My work
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Vinom

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #104 on: July 27, 2009, 06:05:15 PM »

We can worry about why a guy who steals peoples' bodies isn't a missing-nin later. :p (you know, like every canon character who does that)
I just had a really really really bad idea for if we're doing this in a village...
[spoiler]My character has a crush on the butcher's daughter/apprentice[/spoiler]
A player once asked me if there was any way to make a Tarrasque more evil... 3 sessions later he was stoned with D20s as the PC led an exidus out of the path of a Dire Tarrasque of Legendary Wonder.

You're a quick thinker and spiteful, I can respect that. You won't be killed, Bikke

Never trust a smiling laughing chuckling grinning emotionless drunk, you know what Never Trust a DM!

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #105 on: July 27, 2009, 06:06:20 PM »
I just had a really really really bad idea for if we're doing this in a village...
[spoiler]My character has a crush on the butcher's daughter/apprentice[/spoiler]
You wield a hammer and your brother rides a dragon?

One way to avoid ethical implications: you could play a body leech/thrallherd with warforged believers and call them batteries. :p
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 06:09:01 PM by Prime32 »
My work

Vinom

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #106 on: July 27, 2009, 06:08:28 PM »
You wield a hammer and your brother rides a dragon?
:banghead
I ment because she'd smell like blood.... taste like blood... and red meat is so good for the blood...

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #107 on: July 27, 2009, 06:09:29 PM »
:banghead
I ment because she'd smell like blood.... taste like blood... and red meat is so good for the blood...
I got it. It's just that I've only heard one fantasy story set in a village where a major character is in love with the butcher's daughter. :p
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 06:16:19 PM by Prime32 »
My work

Vinom

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #108 on: July 27, 2009, 08:35:50 PM »
what the maximum our LA can be at the start, do we get buy offs, what's our starting level?

ArcaneJazz

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #109 on: July 27, 2009, 08:57:34 PM »
Max LA +2, no buyoff, Starting level 3.

I am going to begin working on a sourcebook based on what we've gone over in this thread. If anyone else feels the urge to compile it though, feel free. I'm lazy  :lol

1% of DM's started their first campaign in outer space. If you're one of the 99% that didn't, you're not as weird as me xD

My Games:
Leras - Keness Orlen

Rufei

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
  • Pyun pyun~!
« Reply #110 on: July 27, 2009, 09:56:52 PM »
No buyoff? Oh my. Can I lower my LA to LA +1 for the template with a kind of racial progression? The proposed adjusted template is as follows:

Awesome Beauty (Will DC is 10 + (1/2 HD) + Cha mod, shaken for 1 minute, mind affecting)
Change Fey Bloodline to Fey Blood (Like Elven Blood, anything that affects the base creature and/or fey will affect them)
Lowlight Vision
+2 Dex; +2 Cha

Let's also get all the houserules into one neat post, shall we? It's a nightmare having to sift through all the pages just to make sure that I'm doing it right. :P

Also... Rogue 1/Juuken Adept 1/Fixed Psychic Warrior 1 to start off with. Not bad; it seems that I get a little of everything. Note to self - pump AC. :)

Risada

• Grape ape
  • Wearing this outfit in the name of SCIENCE!
    • Email
« Reply #111 on: July 27, 2009, 11:35:47 PM »
Does someone know of some.... exotic combos an Ardent can do (that might possess some ninja feel)?

... for some reason, Psionics are not one of my favored knowledges  :P

Vinom

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #112 on: July 27, 2009, 11:45:37 PM »
Rogue 1/Juuken Adept 1/Fixed Psychic Warrior 1
What do you mean by that?

I thought you already approved buy offs?

ArcaneJazz

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #113 on: July 27, 2009, 11:54:21 PM »
[/quote]

I'm pretty sure I didnt say anything either way about it. But, I read through it again and gave it some thought, and I will allow it. Still no higher than +2 LA though. Also, Im going with 36 point buy.

Finally closing some gaps in my memory...  :D

My Games:
Leras - Keness Orlen

Vinom

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #114 on: July 27, 2009, 11:56:05 PM »
I'm pretty sure I didnt say anything either way about it. But, I read through it again and gave it some thought, and I will allow it. Still no higher than +2 LA though.
[/quote]
Good good... have you gotten a chance to read the proposition I've sent to your email?

ArcaneJazz

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #115 on: July 27, 2009, 11:58:14 PM »
Good good... have you gotten a chance to read the proposition I've sent to your email?

I never recieved it. The only one from you I ever got was "I'd like to play :smirk"

My Games:
Leras - Keness Orlen

Rufei

• Pyun pyun~!
« Reply #116 on: July 28, 2009, 12:17:10 AM »

Vinom

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #117 on: July 28, 2009, 02:30:53 PM »

I never recieved it. The only one from you I ever got was "I'd like to play :smirk"
Yes, it was that with an attachment... I'll PM it to you.

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
« Reply #118 on: July 29, 2009, 07:01:28 AM »
A) Do we have solidified creation rules?
I've re-read the thread, looks like we were considering feat gain as per fighter bonus feats instead of regular gainage, and 70 pt buy on a 1:1 ratio, but I'm not sure if it was confirmed to be set. Also, IL is still CL-3, and we can't take initiator classes? I do believe that blocks 9th level maneuvers in 20 levels. Maybe a feat AKIN TO the original rock lee one that allows for IL to be normal/higher than norm? Plus we dunno starting level, or item-availability..... maybe more rules straightening, THEN character developing? sorry if I sound bitchy...

B) Lol, might we want a sub-board soon?  :p We're getting a bit... large......

Rufei

• Pyun pyun~!
« Reply #119 on: July 29, 2009, 01:07:19 PM »
Agreed. There are so many houserules, I'm getting confused by what's been given the thumbs up, and what's not, and what's been retracted... :banghead