Author Topic: Character Discussion  (Read 28077 times)

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
Re: Character Discussion
« Reply #100 on: June 10, 2009, 11:38:33 AM »
Haha, I'll give you that 65 gp, no prob.

Just keep the Minor Creations and buffs coming ;)

By the way, anyone up for forming a 'team' of sorts with my character? I think that might help me somewhat with a background. I've only got some basic stuff so far, but a colaborative BG might help in getting me some more ideas and it sounds like fun in general :D
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
  • Developing a relaxed attitude to danger.
« Reply #101 on: June 10, 2009, 11:54:22 AM »
Well, Sev is also a warblade, and a kalashtar...Perhaps they trained together, or helped each other out of a tight spot, or something. For all I know, you could be Sev's feral cousin. :P

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #102 on: June 10, 2009, 12:10:44 PM »

By the way, anyone up for forming a 'team' of sorts with my character? I think that might help me somewhat with a background. I've only got some basic stuff so far, but a colaborative BG might help in getting me some more ideas and it sounds like fun in general :D
Remember that the arcane version of MC needs at least a small bit of whatever it's supposed to create as material component. ;)
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
  • Developing a relaxed attitude to danger.
« Reply #103 on: June 10, 2009, 12:12:17 PM »

Remember that the arcane version of MC needs at least a small bit of whatever it's supposed to create as material component. ;)

But said component has no cost listed. Spell component pouch, anyone?

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #104 on: June 10, 2009, 12:18:42 PM »

Yeah, that's how I've always seen it used :)

"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
« Reply #105 on: June 10, 2009, 12:19:12 PM »
Sorry for the delay. Work and computer issues have sucked up a good amount of time, but the computer is fixed and in working order. I've got pretty much everything done, and I'm currently in the middle of transferring everything from HeroForge to MythWeavers. I could have sworn I'd put a link up to the sheet, though that may have just been the old one. I'll get a link up within the next couple hours.
----------
Ok, it's taking a little longer to get it done than I thought, and I'm exhausted. The links are getting posted but the sheets aren't completely filled in yet. Need to finish filling in the rest of my warlock's equipment and one or two minor details, and finish filling in the cleric cohort's stuff, but otherwise I'll be good to go shortly.

Ok then. Just edit the post in the Character Sheet thread when you are finished.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #106 on: June 10, 2009, 02:03:17 PM »

Yeah, that's how I've always seen it used :)

Alright then.
>_> How many doses can we have pre-made before the game's start? I kind of want use my 4th-level spells on stuff other than Minor Creation when it comes to actual adventuring - I see it as more of a downtime spell, really.

Also, make that 115 gp of co-funding I'll need. I also want a MW tool of Spellcraft. :P

Oh, and Bowen might want to check his pms. (Although I guess it's a nonissue now.)
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #107 on: June 10, 2009, 02:20:23 PM »
Just read that. We could be a merry band of three? :D

Rayth Molba

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #108 on: June 10, 2009, 02:26:31 PM »
Sorry about the wait, everyone, I've had a whole ton of random stuff attack be over the past few days. On the plus side, I graduated high school, so that kind of accounts for the wait.

I just need to get a little more done on my Artificer, and that should be it. I should be done by the end of today, probably sooner. If it takes me too long, though, feel free to start without me. I'd hate to hold you guys up just because I'm not done. I'd be willing to join in later, or if that's not possible, then I would be alright with getting cut. I've been given enough time that at this point I can't really complain.

I should have it done soon, though. Most likely by the end of today, barring unforseen circumstances.

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #109 on: June 10, 2009, 02:28:11 PM »
Congrats on the graduation :)

Rayth Molba

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #110 on: June 10, 2009, 02:40:04 PM »
Thanks. :) The testing was a pain, though. Sucked up way too much time. The actual graduation wasn't so bad though. Too bad we couldn't keep the beach balls in the air for more than one or two passes.  :lmao

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #111 on: June 11, 2009, 12:18:26 PM »

Teaming up is cool, especially with keeping latent backstabbist tendencies pointed outwards.
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #112 on: June 12, 2009, 03:19:40 PM »
I'm almost done. I pretty much just need to settle on spell selection for my cohort, which shouldn't take long. I'll definitely be done this weekend. Sorry again for the delay, but work has been more time consuming since a bunch of people have been out.
-------------
My main character is done, the cohort will be done later today.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 06:25:10 AM by VennDygrem »

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #113 on: June 15, 2009, 04:13:16 AM »
Both characters are complete, finally.  :rollseyes

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
« Reply #114 on: June 15, 2009, 12:15:39 PM »
Ok, that just leaves Rayth's final changes and his magic items.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #115 on: June 15, 2009, 03:21:05 PM »
And Takanaki, if he's decided to change his character like he was thinking of doing.

Takanaki

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #116 on: June 15, 2009, 10:35:41 PM »
Could have made a bunch of others, but yea... no. I lost interest in my Psion concept about two weeks ago, I might change my mind later but probably not before the game begins. Having said that, we're on track to start around the 2012 Olympics so we'll see how it goes.  :lmao

Nothing comes to mind atm to play, so i'll stick with what i've got.

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #117 on: June 16, 2009, 01:39:04 AM »
Well, it seems we've got a lot of blasting covered, and a minor amount of buffing from my cleric cohort (possibly more from the artificer). More melee or magic can't hurt. Maybe Psy. Warrior? Also, I don't think we have anyone who can absorb huge amounts of damage/punishment anymore, besides the totem rager. Beyond that, we also don't have a lot of battlefield control, yet anyway.

Honestly, though, what do you want to do in this game? We've got much of the primary and secondary roles covered, so you're free to play just about anything you want (within the campaign limits). Are there any other sorts of builds or classes you've been itching to try? What sorts of characters do you usually play?

Generic_PC

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #118 on: June 16, 2009, 02:24:44 AM »
I think i can absorb loads of damage. we shall see.
Witty sayings? Nah, not right now. Currently playing Dwarf Fortress and League of Legends. I really recommend League of Legends.

Takanaki

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #119 on: June 16, 2009, 12:30:43 PM »
Mild interest in tier 1 Erudite/Archivist but then there'd be no Gestalt for me... Warblade something would be fun, but they don't get Devoted Spirit so... bla. Warblade | Paladin / Ruby Knight Vindicator? I dunno... plenty of options, nothing much in particular I want to do, so Archivist/Erudite look good to me because it gives access to anything. Already just played a campaign that's about to finish with my level 20 Archivist =/ dum de dum... Erudite is nice but too limited on different spells per day. Completely broken, though mmm only four powers per day at level seven means i'd need to be damned careful not to buff myself more than once or twice... ever.

I just had an idea of something fun.... fun diddly un diddly. Assuming Divine Wizards exist in this world, would an Archivist be able to learn any spell? If so I might make another and it'll take me a few hours rather than days.