Author Topic: Rage mage fix?  (Read 1428 times)

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
Rage mage fix?
« on: May 23, 2009, 07:40:20 PM »
Seen any good ones? If not, I might have to make my own...
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Bauglir

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • TriOptimum
Re: Rage mage fix?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2009, 12:26:16 PM »
This was my fix:

Spell Rage
Your rage is often a cerebral thing, a mental state more than a physical.
Prerequisites: Rage 2/day, ability to cast 1st level spells or use Least invocations
Benefit: While in a rage, you may cast spells, use skills, and use feats as though you were not raging. In addition, at your option, you may gain a bonus to your Key Ability Modifier, instead of Strength, when you rage. This bonus is of the same magnitude as your rage would normally supply to your Strength score. All other rules regarding the use of Rage function normally.

Seems like more of a feat than a class; a class might be created to take further advantage of the combination, though, in a specific barbarian gish type of build.
So you end up stuck in an endless loop, unable to act, forever.

In retrospect, much like Keanu Reeves.