Author Topic: What the???  (Read 1802 times)

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
What the???
« on: May 22, 2009, 05:12:29 PM »
I was working on the Book of Expansions (referencing the Bo9S while doing so) and I noticed that none of the PrCs in the book offer new Weapons/Armor profs at all. Only the base classes expand your weapons/armor.

Why did they omit something like that? I know it is a minor feature, but still, for class like the JPM and RKV, they could have at least put in a few extra profs...

[spoiler][/spoiler]

AfterCrescent

• Honorary Moderator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Here After
Re: What the???
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2009, 06:01:25 PM »
Why? Most of the PrCs in that book should have proficiency from their base classes. There are very few PrCs that actually increase proficiencies.
The cake is a lie.
Need to play table top? Get your game on at:
Brilliant Gameologists' PbP Forum. Do it, you know you want to.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook
The 13th Guard - An alternate history campaign idea.
Clerics just wake up one morning and decide they need to kick ass, and it needs to be kicked NOW. ~veekie

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2009, 06:19:54 PM »
Why? Most of the PrCs in that book should have proficiency from their base classes. There are very few PrCs that actually increase proficiencies.

But they don't even mention this in the text. Most PrCs I've seen make note of the proficiencies, even if they don't add any.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Runestar

• King Kong
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2009, 11:26:07 PM »
I think the idea is so your PC continues playing the same. If your warblade came with just medium armour and martial weapon prof, he stays that way even when he enters JPM. Likewise, your swordsage would be limited to light armour and no shields. Since the idea is that it is simply an extension of your existing multiclass, it makes little sense to grant additional proficiencies unless you deem it absolutely necessary for the prc itself to have it.
A clear conscience is the surest sign of a failing memory.

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2009, 09:41:59 AM »
I think the idea of PrCs largely adding to your proficiencies was more of a 3.0 concept.  AFB right now, but I thought I remembered more of them granting proficiencies in the five soft cover books.
My balancing 3.5 compendium
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
Quote from: Cafiend
It is a shame stupidity isn't painful.
Quote from: StormKnight
Totally true.  Historians believe that most past civilizations would have endured for centuries longer if they had successfully determined Batman's alignment.
Quote from: Grand Theft Otto
Why are so many posts on the board the equivalent of " Dear Dr. Crotch, I keep punching myself in the crotch, and my groin hurts... what should I do? How can I make my groin stop hurting?"
Quote from: CryoSilver
I suggest carving "Don't be a dick" into him with a knife.  A dull, rusty knife.  A dull, rusty, bent, flaming knife.
Quote from: Seerow
Fluffy: It's over Steve! I've got the high ground!
Steve: You underestimate my power!
Fluffy: Don't try it, Steve!
Steve: *charges*
Fluffy: *three critical strikes*
Steve: ****
Quote from: claypigeons
I don't even stat out commoners. Commoner = corpse that just isn't a zombie. Yet.
Quote from: CryoSilver
When I think "Old Testament Boots of Peace" I think of a paladin curb-stomping an orc and screaming "Your death brings peace to this land!"
Quote from: Orville_Oaksong
Buy a small country. Or Pelor. Both are good investments.
[/spoiler]